The Official Touro Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
****, they can reach out to me personally, I got 24AA! (not 28AA though) and 3.45 ish GPA.
I don't need a full ride, but a little help could be good.

In all seriousness, I don't see why feralis would be kidding, but at the same time, it's hard to believe that they are monitoring SDN and actually msg people on SDN...
There's gotta be a better way to find a qualified candidate that reading posts on SDN and then reaching out to higher DAT achievers.

well, I am waiting for a call!

Members don't see this ad.

****, they can reach out to me personally, I got 24AA! (not 28AA though) and 3.45 ish GPA.
I don't need a full ride, but a little help could be good.

In all seriousness, I don't see why feralis would be kidding, but at the same time, it's hard to believe that they are monitoring SDN and actually msg people on SDN...
There's gotta be a better way to find a qualified candidate that reading posts on SDN and then reaching out to higher DAT achievers.

well, I am waiting for a call!
LOL hey, your stats are just like mine~~~~ Rivals!

I was hoping to get an interview invitation but it feels like time is running out!!! But I am staying positive! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL hey, your stats are just like mine~~~~ Rivals!

I was hoping to get an interview invitation but it feels like time is running out!!! But I am staying positive! :D

I hear you bjw623, I'm in the same boat. I have a competitive DAT score, great extracurricular, in graduate school in addition to years of experience. My only problem is my GPA. I really want to get an invite for an interview, but trying my best to stay positive!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Patiently/anxiously waiting on Touro to hand out more interviews :cat:

I highly doubt they are trolling sdn for students that sounds ridiculous. There are plenty of applicants that are qualified but haven't received an acceptance/ haven't received an acceptance somewhere they'd want to go.

I'm sure Touro has plenty of applicants. Whether they are of the academic caliber Touro is hoping to attract to its very first class is a different matter entirely.

Regardless if I interview or not I still think Touro is a solid Institution. They have a school of osteopathic medicine and pharmacy. Being able to run two accredited programs at that level of education speaks for itself not to mention they also have extensive community outreach programs. It's only fair to allow the dental school to graduate its first class before judging.

Reactions: 1 users
Regardless if I interview or not I still think Touro is a solid Institution. They have a school of osteopathic medicine and pharmacy. Being able to run two accredited programs at that level of education speaks for itself not to mention they also have extensive community outreach programs. It's only fair to allow the dental school to graduate its first class before judging.

I agree GrillKing, we have to be mindful of the fact that every school started off with its first graduating class at one point. Plus, it's not Touro's first try in healthcare education.

so quite...wheres the interview invite for me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your gpa is good and your ECs are solid. I've heard of some schools accepting people "on the condition that they raise their qr score" or something like that, so it's definitely possible. Keep your head up!

Interviw on 2/10, see you guys there!!

When did you get your invitation, and can you share your stats if you don't mind? By any chance have you interviewed anywhere else before?
Thanks for your response

Hey guys! I just got an email invitation for an interview..super excited, it will be my first time in NY! For those of you who have an interview tomorrow, good luck and please share how it went/any new information about the program:)

Hey guys! I just got an email invitation for an interview..super excited, it will be my first time in NY! For those of you who have an interview tomorrow, good luck and please share how it went/any new information about the program:)

When did you get your invitation, and can you share your stats if you don't mind? By any chance have you interviewed anywhere else before?
Thanks for your response

Congrats! Do you guys mind sharing your stats?

touro, imo, is going by GPA not DAT i guess.

Thanks for your response

I got my invitation yesterday!
I interviewed at UDM and Nova so far.
Don't fret too much they have a wide open day on February 22nd that they're still trying to fill!

How was the first day of interviews?!

does everyone's aadsas say it was mailed out? mine does not say it was mailed yet..

I got my invitation yesterday!
I interviewed at UDM and Nova so far.
Don't fret too much they have a wide open day on February 22nd that they're still trying to fill!

what do you mean by wide open? i thought their interview was already full until april??

what do you mean by wide open? i thought their interview was already full until april??
That's what the guy on the phone said, don't listen to everything on SDN.

anyone willing to share interview experience?

still waiting for the interview...

Interview invite yesterday but most likely will be declining. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys and girls just went to the school because I live in ct and i am not too far away and had the day off so why not...well I didn't get very far lol went to the school and could not look at anything...security guy said no one is allowed upstairs and even if he would allow me to go there is nothing to see...he said they are still building everything...by the way I applied on 1/17 and have not heard back yet...hoping I get a call or email because it is in a nice part of New York and not too far for me! Also the security guy said there has only been one interview day so far just to let you guys know...

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys and girls just went to the school because I live in ct and i am not too far away and had the day off so why not...well I didn't get very far lol went to the school and could not look at anything...security guy said no one is allowed upstairs and even if he would allow me to go there is nothing to see...he said they are still building everything...by the way I applied on 1/17 and have not heard back yet...hoping I get a call or email because it is in a nice part of New York and not too far for me! Also the security guy said there has only been one interview day so far just to let you guys know...

are you talking about skyline building?
is that dental students only or sort of shared place?

YAY, glad to hear all interviews being given out! Anyone care to share stats? Or experiences?

Monday we will have more feedback about interviews !!!

Reactions: 1 users
anyone going to touro interview today ask..
1) when do we take board exam? do we use cadaver for anatomy course?
2) is it fall/spring/summer or fall/spring schedule?
3) do they have different specialties clinics? on website it says pediatrics and OMFS. are there more?
4) what is their future projected tuition for 2nd 3rd and 4th year?
5) is skyline building just for dental students only or shared with nymc students?
6) scrub?

@tooth knockn

Status
Not open for further replies.