12/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS - MN
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.72; overall: 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 21 TS, 22 PAT, No
Method of interview: Virtual

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know the best place to find those who are looking for off campus housing and are Dental students at touro?
You’ll probably be sent a link to join a class Facebook page soon for newly accepted students. They’ll have current students their to help you find housing and connect with others.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, Have anyone here who interviewed on December 7th heard back yet?
Interviewed on the 14th and they told us we'd be hearing back in 4 to 6 weeks. Looking at last year's thread, ppl started hearing back around Jan 6th.

I got accepted to touro and am choosing a different school, so at least 1 person is getting off the waitlist.

Personal anecdote, my older brother got off the waitlist to medical school literally a day before the semester started, after he had already missed orientation week. Touro is a private school, so the waitlist is probably a bit more fluid than a state school's would be because of tuition and whatnot. That being said, the unfortunate truth is that the chances are low :(

To make it worse, none of the schools publish these numbers because nobody wants to admit that their offers aren't taken, bad for statistics or something.

Last edited:
I was wondering if there is a post-December interview. Also, what interview method is it, and how long is it?

I was wondering if there is a post-December interview. Also, what interview method is it, and how long is it?
Most likely yes, they’ll have post December interviews, with them being a private school and high tuition they’ll have some applicants withdraw. Method is in person or virtual And the interview lasts around a half hour or so

Just got an acceptance letter today!!!! Message me if yall have any questions.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How do I know if I am being waitlisted? I interview on December 7th? My status on the ADEA portal is still showing "None"

the waitlist email said they will review waitlist starting Feb

received an acceptance this morning! interviewed dec 14th

Reactions: 1 users
Received offer this morning too! I interviewed on December 7th

Reactions: 2 users
Any hope for those of us still on the waitlist?

Hi everyone ! I received an email from touro a few days ago. It sounds like I was put on an interview waitlist.

Thank you for your recent application to the Touro College of Dental Medicine at NYMC. The Committee for Admissions has completed a careful review of your credentials. At this time your application has been placed "on hold". TCDM conducts interviews from the October through the end of February. Applications placed on hold may be reviewed again up until March. You will be immediately notified by email of any changes to the status of your application, and therefore request you do not call the Office of Admissions requesting this information.

Did anyone else receive this or know anything about it ? Anything would be helpful :)

Hi everyone ! I received an email from touro a few days ago. It sounds like I was put on an interview waitlist.

Thank you for your recent application to the Touro College of Dental Medicine at NYMC. The Committee for Admissions has completed a careful review of your credentials. At this time your application has been placed "on hold". TCDM conducts interviews from the October through the end of February. Applications placed on hold may be reviewed again up until March. You will be immediately notified by email of any changes to the status of your application, and therefore request you do not call the Office of Admissions requesting this information.

Did anyone else receive this or know anything about it ? Anything would be helpful :)
it's not a rejection which is a good sign. for the next couple weeks I would email them showing interest and with any updates you have regarding your application. Don't call them like they said regarding the status but email showing interest and with updates. People end up getting interviews off the interview waitlists and sometimes they don't. It's random tbh. Good luck you got this!

it's not a rejection which is a good sign. for the next couple weeks I would email them showing interest and with any updates you have regarding your application. Don't call them like they said regarding the status but email showing interest and with updates. People end up getting interviews off the interview waitlists and sometimes they don't. It's random tbh. Good luck you got this!
Thanks! How do I approach this if I don’t really have any updates ?

Send the LOI to general admissions. Make sure you give specific updates on your activities.
I’ve been at the same dental assistant job since I applied but have learned a lot since then about dentistry as a whole. Do you think that would be worth mentioning or will sound repetitive considering it’s already listed on my app? Also I picked up a volunteer position but I have already added it to my app during the update period.

I’ve been at the same dental assistant job since I applied but have learned a lot since then about dentistry as a whole. Do you think that would be worth mentioning or will sound repetitive considering it’s already listed on my app? Also I picked up a volunteer position but I have already added it to my app during the update period.
My advice is that you should be honest. Sounding repetitive is infinitely better than making up some BS. Focus on making your experience sound more interesting instead of worrying about it sounding "repetitive."

Hi, are there any current Touro dental students here who are willing to speak with me? I have soooo many questions that I would love to get addressed before attending Touro this coming July! Thanks!

Wait, is Touro start the class on summer? I thought they start on September. I gotta go back to my original country on May until June 19th.

I declined my interview invite. Hopefully the spot goes to one of you!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #4
Notification date: 1/30/22
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/13
Application complete date: 1/6 (there was a really weird thing that happened where my fee wasn't received in time, so it reflected as complete on this date)
GPA (science, overall): 3.45, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA, 21 TS, 19 PAT, 23 RC, None
Dates available: 2/15 (in person) or 3/1 (zoom)
Method of interview: Choice of in-person and zoom. I chose in person

Does anyone know what the last day for interviews is ? I’m on an interview waitlist and was told in an email that applications are reviewed through march but I heard someone else mention the last day of interviews is held the last week of February.

Does anyone know what the last day for interviews is ? I’m on an interview waitlist and was told in an email that applications are reviewed through march but I heard someone else mention the last day of interviews is held the last week of February.
I got an email invite last week and they gave me two options, Feb 15 in person or March 1 virtual, so there are still interviews on the first day of March