Touro Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Any interviews out recently? I applied in mid-july, haven't heard anything yet. My status is "application complete"
Applied mid-July too, and my status is the same

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They're still sending out interview invites!! I submitted in early June but didn't hear back until today! Don't lose hope!! Good luck to everyone:)

Interview #5
Notification date:
9/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: International (Non-Canadian)
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/12
Application complete date: 7/19
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.84, GPA: 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 28 TS, 24 PAT, 25 RC, no sections below 17
Method of interview: in-person or virtual (the earliest date provided is 11/9)

Interview #3
Notification date:
9/15
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 6/2
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.33 overall: 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA, 18 TS, 21 PAT, 19 Reading
Method of interview: virtual and in person

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an invitation today!!

Interview #2
Notification date: 9/15
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/5/22
Application complete date: 6/14/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.17, 3.7
DAT#1 score: 20aa, 17ts, 21pat, 24rc, yes (bio and orgo)
DAT#2 score: 26aa, 23ts, 21pat, 27rc
Dates available OR your interview date: They gave me several dates to pick from in Novemer and December
Method of interview: both options available

Last edited:
What time did you guys receive these invites? Are they still sending them out today maybe?? 😩😩😭😭 - desperate applicant

What are the pros of attending Touro? I know it’s a fairly new school so there’s new state of the art facilities. I didn’t find much info on the website aside from the basics about curriculum. TIA!!

What are the pros of attending Touro? I know it’s a fairly new school so there’s new state of the art facilities. I didn’t find much info on the website aside from the basics about curriculum. TIA!!
One thing they have is a pre-clinical curriculum with medical education since it's on NY Medical College's campus. So you get to learn with the medical students your first year I believe.

Did anyone who got invited for an interview see their status on AADSAS change from "Invited for Interview" to "None"

One thing they have is a pre-clinical curriculum with medical education since it's on NY Medical College's campus. So you get to learn with the medical students your first year I believe.
Aside from an ethics class and professionalism class we do not take any classes with the NYMC students.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who has interviewed this cycle share their experience with the interview and what kind of questions they asked?

Can anyone who has interviewed this cycle share their experience with the interview and what kind of questions they asked?
It was a very informal interview, very relaxed! They sorta asked about your application and to explain certain experiences and why you think you’d make a good fit at the school. I interviewed online so in person could be different but that was my experience. If you want a better answer you can PM me.

My interview was virtual too, very casual and conversational. I don't really remember getting asked any questions (Why Touro and why dentistry were sort of brought up), but basically, it was just me asking my interviewer questions.

About how much percent of out of state applicants does Touro accept after the interview?

Interview #1
Notification date:
10/13
Residency: in-state
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
Application complete date: 7/14
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.38, GPA: 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA, 22 TS, 23 PAT, 20 RC, 21 QR
Method of interview: Both, in-person chosen.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #1
Notification date:
10/13
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA, 22 TS, 23 PAT, 20 RC, 21 QR
Congrats!!! Did you pick in-person or virtual? Also what dates did they give you to choose from??

Interview #1
Notification date:
10/13

Hello, I had my interview in October and I chose in person as well. Not sure if this is normal for the school but when I went to my interview they sat me in front of an iPad for a virtual zoom interview. It seemed every 3 out 10 people had this virtual interview format even though we signed up for in-person (they do not tell you it is virtual until you enter the room for the interview itself). The tour and the interview itself were fine, but just be aware it may be a zoom interview.

Hello, I had my interview in October and I chose in person as well. Not sure if this is normal for the school but when I went to my interview they sat me in front of an iPad for a virtual zoom interview. It seemed every 3 out 10 people had this virtual interview format even though we signed up for in-person (they do not tell you it is virtual until you enter the room for the interview itself). The tour and the interview itself were fine, but just be aware it may be a zoom interview.

lol imagine someone fly 8hrs for the interview to end up talking on an ipad

That’s so weird they made you do that

Did anyone ever get confirmation from admissions when they received your passport style photo and vaccination card for their in-person interview? I emailed them twice and no reply.

Did anyone ever get confirmation from admissions when they received your passport style photo and vaccination card for their in-person interview? I emailed them twice and no reply.
I don’t think I got one either. But they didn’t email me saying there wasn’t any issues with the one I sent. So I’m sure you’re fine.

Congrats!!! Did you pick in-person or virtual? Also what dates did they give you to choose from??
Thanks! I chose in-person on December 7th (I still haven't heard back confirmation of my interview date choice and its been 4 days, if anybody can offer some more info on how long it took them to receive confirmation, that'd be great!). The dates they offered were December 7 or 21 in-person, or December 14/January 11 virtual.

Thanks! I chose in-person on December 7th (I still haven't heard back confirmation of my interview date choice and its been 4 days, if anybody can offer some more info on how long it took them to receive confirmation, that'd be great!). The dates they offered were December 7 or 21 in-person, or December 14/January 11 virtual.
They should get back to you within a week.

Edit, they got back to me within 2 days, but this was when the very first batch of interviews was sent out so they probably were much less busy. I'd wait a week and reach back out if you haven't heard back with a confirmation.

Last edited:
Hi! I received an interview invite last Wednesday and emailed them back my choice of date. Still haven’t received a confirmation either. I’m sure they just have a high volume of emails to get through

for anyone who has interviewed at touro, what did they ask you?

lol, i applied last week very impulsively bc i am not sure how i did not add new york in june, hoping applying late to touro wasnt that bad of a decision bc their program seems incredible

Hi, does anyone know if Touro has residency program now? It would be great if students who are attending Touro rn can answer this question!

Hello,
For the people who did their interview in-person, is there an area where we can leave our bags during the interview or are we better off leaving them elsewhere? Thanks

Hello,
For the people who did their interview in-person, is there an area where we can leave our bags during the interview or are we better off leaving them elsewhere? Thanks
Yes, there is a large main room where they give brief presentations and you can leave your belongings there.

I got an interview invite today (OOS, gpa: 3.67, AA: 20). The earliest date is 1/18/23 and it's in-person, I was wondering if it's worth it to go in-person or wait another week and do it virtual?

I got an interview invite today (OOS, gpa: 3.67, AA: 20). The earliest date is 1/18/23 and it's in-person, I was wondering if it's worth it to go in-person or wait another week and do it virtual?
I don’t think it matters whether or not you go in person. I did virtual and felt that my interview went well and got a similar experience outside of the tour of the campus. Ultimately if you’re close I’d do in person but if you have to travel I’d say do virtual. It’s expensive to travel right now and doing virtual interviews shouldn’t hurt your application

I don’t think it matters whether or not you go in person. I did virtual and felt that my interview went well and got a similar experience outside of the tour of the campus. Ultimately if you’re close I’d do in person but if you have to travel I’d say do virtual. It’s expensive to travel right now and doing virtual interviews shouldn’t hurt your application
thanks for the info!!

Has anyone hear back from them this month? Any updates

Just got my acceptance! Congratulations Y'all!

Reactions: 1 users
I also received my acceptance. This is the first.

What a journey. Congratulations to everyone on receiving their acceptances.

Best of luck all

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted:/ does anyone know how far they usually go down w the waitlist?