****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2020 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm assuming this is the second set of interviews?

Monday, November 30, 2015
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
Thursday, December 3, 2015
Monday, December 7, 2015
Tuesday, December 8, 2015
Thursday, December 10, 2015

I'm hoping to schedule for Dec 7.
Could I ask what your stats are? :) Congrats btw!!

Members don't see this ad.

I finally got tufts!!! Heard back from them last night at around 9pm

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else leave a voicemail? I'm wondering if I should try calling again or just let them figure it out

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Did anyone else leave a voicemail? I'm wondering if I should try calling again or just let them figure it out

You're good - they'll email you back soon (assuming your voicemail was detailed enough lol)

You're good - they'll email you back soon (assuming your voicemail was detailed enough lol)
Gave em my name, phone #, and two preferred dates. They said phone # and not aadsas # right?

Gave em my name, phone #, and two preferred dates. They said phone # and not aadsas # right?

You should be good! Again, when I scheduled my interview the last batch of interviews they gave out, I got my confirmation within the hour. Could be longer!

Yeah, I just got a confirmation email within the past hour.

I'll be there Dec 7th!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of who recieved interview invitations, when did you all choose to attend?
Would there be a huge difference between 11/30 interview and 12/7 or later interview?

For those of who recieved interview invitations, when did you all choose to attend?
Would there be a huge difference between 11/30 interview and 12/7 or later interview?
I don't think so. From what I've read, in December interviews they review after your interview on the Friday and send you a response that following Monday. It wouldn't matter because other schools will give you 30 days from as early as Dec 1st to decide, so you should know about your Tufts status by Dec 30.

I chose 11/30. I honestly don't think it makes a difference.

No hope for a pre-december interview for me it seems like :oops::(:(

What are the chances of getting accepted if you got an interview during the second (or third?) set of interviews (Nov30-Dec10)?

Last edited:
I don't think so. From what I've read, in December interviews they review after your interview on the Friday and send you a response that following Monday. It wouldn't matter because other schools will give you 30 days from as early as Dec 1st to decide, so you should know about your Tufts status by Dec 30.

Tiny Riiiiiick

Reactions: 1 user
How strict are they with withdrawing interviews? I couldnt respond in time because i was out of country for a week and now they emailed me saying my application has been withdrawn.

Fyi, leave an hour early if you are commuting. There is always traffic on the road and for trains, specially orange line, you will miss multiple trains due to no space.

this is totally random, but how bad is the traffic at boston if I want to leave from Tufts to the airport after the interview? does anybody know? should I take the train or just uber? (because it's like 9 minutes away by car, but idk anything about Boston traffic)

Is anyone's status still "Received/Application Complete"???

Samezees and mailed 9/10. I met someone during one of my interviews who's app was mailed end of September and they already have an interview here.

Samezees and mailed 9/10. I met someone during one of my interviews who's app was mailed end of September and they already have an interview here.
So it looks like we have two possible scenarios:
a) they aren't going in order
b) they don't want us

Oh well

Reactions: 2 users
this is totally random, but how bad is the traffic at boston if I want to leave from Tufts to the airport after the interview? does anybody know? should I take the train or just uber? (because it's like 9 minutes away by car, but idk anything about Boston traffic)

Traffic is horrible around that time. I would def take the T if I were you

I interviewed at Tufts. It was just a regular interview with a faculty member and a D4 (simultaneous).

Apparently, they accept 70-80% of the people they interview, so that's good news for everyone who hears back!

Mailed out 8/21, status changed from "received/application complete" to "received/under review" on 11/6. Hope this is a good sign..

Mailed out 8/21, status changed from "received/application complete" to "received/under review" on 11/6. Hope this is a good sign..
That's what mine changed to on 10/06, and I received an interview invite in their second round of invites on 10/27.

Maybe they r not going in order... Mine was mailed out 7/24 and its still in application complete status :(

so are pre December invites over?

Does Tufts not give interviews to those who interviewed at BU? Heard this rumor multiple times

So is the majority of their interviewing/ accepting comes from post December?

I've met two doctors that graduated from tufts and they said they interviewed in January...

I've met two doctors that graduated from tufts and they said they interviewed in January...

Would make sense since there's only been two batches, that's not many people

Apparently they fill most of the class in January, per previous threads.

I hope that is true. I am still waiting for Tuft invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.