****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2020 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi y'all

Just wanted to share with you all that I got an invite to interview at Tufts today! Hope to hear the good news from all of you too. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Hi y'all

Just wanted to share with you all that I got an invite to interview at Tufts today! Hope to hear the good news from all of you too. :)

CONGRATS!! When's your interview?

Hi y'all

When did your app get mailed out if you don't mind?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the support. My app was mailed out on the 2nd of July. The interview invite was sent via email. I have to choose between the following dates and set an appointment via the phone:

Monday, November 2, 2015
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Thursday, November 5, 2015
Monday, November 9, 2015
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
Thursday, November 12, 2015

Just got invited for an interview at Tufts as well, although I don't think my dentist included my shadowing hours because I totally forgot Tufts required it. My shadowing with the writer was over a period of a year so there is no way he knows my exact hours. I think I read in an old thread that if you are accepted they give you a form to be signed by your dentist with proof of shadowing. Hopefully they relieves some of the stress you guys may be having about the shadowing hours in LOR. Anyways, good luck to you all!

Just got an email for an interview! My dentist also didn't put the shadowing hours in his LOR

Congrats to all you with invites! Best of luck!

Did all of your aadsas stats change from Received/Application Complete to Received/Under review before you received invites?

Did all of your aadsas stats change from Received/Application Complete to Received/Under review before you received invites?

Thanks, mine never changed from received/under review.

I don't remember tbh unless you know of some way for me to check. I applied to a lot of schools and they all pretty much changed to received/under review from received/incomplete at the same time. None of my interview invites have changed to received/completed first. Just straight from received/under review to invited for interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Wait, so on mine it's said "received/application completed", does that mean my app is not even under review and prob not gonna hear anything from them soon?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, so on mine it's said "received/application completed", does that mean my app is not even under review and prob not gonna hear anything from them soon?
Same! But from my experience at other schools, changing status means very little (unless it changes to "invited for interview" ;) ). I wouldn't worry about it

Mine was changed to received/ under review before I got the invite

Complete is pretty much the same as received and under review. Some schools just don't go the extra step to tell you it's under review

Hi everyone,

Current TUSDM student [first year]. Congratulations to all of you that have so far received interviews. For all others that are eagerly waiting, sit tight!

I used to lurk SDN during my pre-dental days. There is a lot of information on here, some of which may or may not be correct/current. I would like to try and be available to everyone on here as a resource and will try to get some of my other classmates to chime in soon.

For now, if you have questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me. I will do my best to get back to you shortly!

Best of luck!

Cyril

Reactions: 6 users
So I called the school about the "Application Complete" vs "Under Review", and the staff told me that they both mean the same thing: they have everything they need for the application to be complete.

Reactions: 3 users
no interview invite yet. aadsas was mailed out 9/11/15 and my stats are decent for tufts (3.45 gpa/ 21 AA 23 PAT)

getting nervous :(

no interview invite yet. aadsas was mailed out 9/11/15 and my stats are decent for tufts (3.45 gpa/ 21 AA 23 PAT)

getting nervous :(
mine was mailed out 7/02 and still nothing lol so you're not the only one. Gpa was slightly better 3.49/3.55(inc) I hate this

Reactions: 1 users
If they follow last year's pattern, they'll send out another round of invited tomorrow. also they have a tufts admissions Facebook page to let you know when they send out invites

If they follow last year's pattern, they'll send out another round of invited tomorrow. also they have a tufts admissions Facebook page to let you know when they send out invites
Could you link it?

Heads up! Just got an e-mail for an interview.

Reactions: 5 users
*waits patiently.....while refreshing email every 5 min*

Reactions: 2 users
I got one today at 4:05pm, second batch so I think that means mailed out 7/2. The dates they gave were 11/16, 11/17, 11/19, and 11/23, and I've yet to pick.

Reactions: 3 users
I got switched to under review today! 6th batch.

I got switched to under review today! 6th batch.

what? my status said 'received/application complete' 3 weeks ago and I am 11th batch (mailed out 9/11/15).

or is under review the next step after application complete?

For anyone who has already interviewed, when you called did it go straight to voicemail? I have one interview date I REALLY want and when I call it goes straight to a pre-recorded message asking to leave two preference dates. If so, how long did it take for them to get back to you? Thanks!

For anyone who has already interviewed, when you called did it go straight to voicemail? I have one interview date I REALLY want and when I call it goes straight to a pre-recorded message asking to leave two preference dates. If so, how long did it take for them to get back to you? Thanks!
I called right at 10:00 on the 7th like the email said and someone picked up for me right away

what? my status said 'received/application complete' 3 weeks ago and I am 11th batch (mailed out 9/11/15).

or is under review the next step after application complete?

Mine updated to "Received/Under Review". It was previously "Received/Application Complete".

Called at 10:00 today, got a voicemail, and they emailed me within the hour confirming me for Nov 16th, my first choice.

Got an interview invite yesterday around 4pm and I will be attending the November 17th date. Please see my post history for stats.

So how many more interview dates do they have left? I'm assuming these were the last of the pre-december interviews?

There should be one or two I believe based on their Facebook page from last year.

Hey everyone, first time back on SDN in probably a year lol. Just trying to give you some insight as a first year at Tufts right now.
1. Don't stress the interview... at all. Just get a good night's sleep and enjoy the day. It was the most laid back interview I had out of all of my interviews last year. The older professor and I ended up talking about snow skiing most of the time with maybe one or two real questions about my application.
2. If anyone has any questions about Tufts in general feel free to message me any time. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
So how many more interview dates do they have left? I'm assuming these were the last of the pre-december interviews?

Regardless of their pre-Dec interviews, majority of their interviews and class filling is in Jan-mid Feb :)

hi all -- new to sdn :) does anyone know if tufts send oos invitations for interviews first? or is it a mix?

CMON TUFTS SHOW ME SOME LOVE!!

Reactions: 12 users
For those who interviewed at tufts already, where did yall stay at ? I am trying to figure out a cheap and closedistance hottel to stay at. thanks

Any recommendations for hotel/lodging? Interviewing on the 17th if anyone wants to split?

0screengfrab.jpg

Sorry the picture is so big, but try to find somewhere cheaper at the ends of the lines, further from downtown. The T is pretty easy to use and you won't have to deal with traffic.

So I'm assuming this is the second set of interviews?

Monday, November 30, 2015
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
Thursday, December 3, 2015
Monday, December 7, 2015
Tuesday, December 8, 2015
Thursday, December 10, 2015

I'm hoping to schedule for Dec 7.

did anyone else get the invite email yesterday around 9pm?

Status
Not open for further replies.