****The Official U of Washington Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does UW do interviews in January or are they done with interviewing? Just wondering....

Members don't see this ad :)
Does UW do interviews in January or are they done with interviewing? Just wondering....

I know they do for sure in jan and feb because I have friends who are interviewing in jan and feb. however, I'm not sure if they are still inviting ppl for interviews, I have to imagine their spots are filling up pretty quick. If I remember correctly from their presentation when I interviewed there they accept around 85 students for 63 spots. Not many people turn down an acceptance from UW which sucks for ppl waiting to hear back or on the wait list.

Has anyone heard anything since the holiday break? Does anyone know if the admission committee met last Thursday or is this coming Thursday their first meeting since December?

Has anyone heard anything since the holiday break? Does anyone know if the admission committee met last Thursday or is this coming Thursday their first meeting since December?

I'm not sure exactly but I imagine they will for sure meet this Thursday. Winter quarter just started as of today, which means dental school has also started. I'm sure the committee will meet Thursday and hopefully they will make some calls Thursday or Friday.

For those of you accepted - congratulations! Remember to message me if you'd like a link for your class FB page :) We hope you choose to come to UW, Go Dawgs!

So for those of you interested. I just talked with UW and the RIDE positions are currently filled but they are making a waitlist, however I am not too sure that people give up RIDE slots. I was really hoping for RIDE acceptances. Very cool program. Anyway good luck to everyone!!

Last edited:
She told me the committee wouldn't meet until next Thursday. Did they say anything more to you during your interview process?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah no kidding? Nah, not much was said about the process. It seemed that there were some people who have posted in this thread that were interviewed on Monday and accepted on Thursday of the same week.

My interviewer also said they will meet either next Thursday or the Thursday after next.

Just got an invite for February 12 this morning! How less are the chances of admission for an interview so late in the cycle? This may be a futile question, but I am just curious if anyone has some two cents they would wish to share.:)

Is that the last interview day? If it's like last year there should only be a few spots left by that point, I think two of the 12 got in from last years final day.

Anyone know if they met yesterday or are they going to meet next Thursday? Anyone get in? I wish I knew if I was in yet:confused:

I know they met yesterday. I interviewed on 1/14 and received a phone call of acceptance on 1/24. I am so excited, UW is my top choice. I hope you guys hear something soon, the uncertainty is the worst part.

I know they met yesterday. I interviewed on 1/14 and received a phone call of acceptance on 1/24. I am so excited, UW is my top choice. I hope you guys hear something soon, the uncertainty is the worst part.

Oh hey, I'm Steven from the interview.

Congrats, man!

Congratz man. I interviewed on the same day too, it seems like I'll get a rejection letter soon. :-(
Have anyone gotten rejection from UW yet?

BTW, Are you in state or oos? Thanks.

Does anyone know of anyone or heard about someone who interviewed early, before December, and got accepted late?

AADSAS Changed yesterday to offer made 1/31/13 pretty excited about it.

Congrats!!! did you get a phone call from the school as well?

My phone didn't show a missed call, but I was at the doctor's office for a while on Thursday morning getting an MRI, so I may not have had service and therefore my phone wouldn't have showed a missed call. My buddy got accepted the same day as me but was at work and got a missed call, so I'm assuming they made calls. I'm pretty sure though that they don't leave messages on your phone.

I spoke to an admissions member the other day and he estimated about 3/4 of the class is filled. That still leaves a few spots for those of you who are interviewing late, or haven't yet heard back. Keep your heads up and stay positive! Let me know if anyone needs help preparing for their interview, I'd be more than happy to get together with you or answer any questions you may have.

Good luck everyone! Go huskies!

They left me a message to call them back...before sharing the good news :)

Did they call you today (2/8??) I interviewed in mid-December and I haven't heard back yet... hoping to get in, UW is my #1 choice!

Aadsas portal switched back to "received/under review" from "invited for interview". What does it mean? :confused:

I am interviewing on 2/11!!

I believe interviews go into early March so there will be several more batches of interviews before UW makes their final selection. For those waitlisted, I was told that last year, UW went through their entire waitlist (so there is hope!!).

For those who interviewed, any last minute tips and advice before the BIG day?

You should have been contacted by Kathy to schedule an interview. My status changed to that right after I received an email to schedule my interview.

Aadsas portal switched back to "received/under review" from "invited for interview". What does it mean? :confused:

You should have been contacted by Kathy to schedule an interview. My status changed to that right after I received an email to schedule my interview.

I interviewed 3 weeks ago. :confused:

Hi guys,

I interviewed on the 4th of february and I am unsure as to how it went.. that being said, has anyone else that interviewed on that date heard anything yet? gotta love the waiting game.

First time poster here, is anyone else still waiting for a response that had a pre-december interview? It seems like rejections and acceptances over the last month or so have narrowed down the group that didn't get an answer on December 3rd. Personally, I've been waiting since the beginning on November. Just curious how small that group has gotten, and if you think a spot somewhere on the waiting list is the best possibility?

First time poster here, is anyone else still waiting for a response that had a pre-december interview? It seems like rejections and acceptances over the last month or so have narrowed down the group that didn't get an answer on December 3rd. Personally, I've been waiting since the beginning on November. Just curious how small that group has gotten, and if you think a spot somewhere on the waiting list is the best possibility?
This is my first time posting as well, I interviewed in early October and I still haven't heard anything. I talked to Kathy a couple weeks ago and she told me that my file was still in active status, but the committee hasn't even reviewed it yet. I'm not sure how that works but I'm just assuming that's the way it goes sometimes. She said that they are planning on being done accepting by the middle of March so I'm just trying to be patient for a little while longer :)

This is my first time posting as well, I interviewed in early October and I still haven't heard anything. I talked to Kathy a couple weeks ago and she told me that my file was still in active status, but the committee hasn't even reviewed it yet. I'm not sure how that works but I'm just assuming that's the way it goes sometimes. She said that they are planning on being done accepting by the middle of March so I'm just trying to be patient for a little while longer :)

I was a pre-december interview as well and have not heard back, trying to stay positive. I have talked with Kathy a few times but have only gotten back that they are still in the interview process and they will notify me of changes. I was wondering if anyone knew how they are deciding on the class. Do they offer acceptance and if people turn it down then do they call the next person or do they wait till March to fill the spots that people turned down?

I was a pre-december interview as well and have not heard back, trying to stay positive. I have talked with Kathy a few times but have only gotten back that they are still in the interview process and they will notify me of changes. I was wondering if anyone knew how they are deciding on the class. Do they offer acceptance and if people turn it down then do they call the next person or do they wait till March to fill the spots that people turned down?

I'm pretty sure they meet on Thursdays, review as many applicants as they can (They said sometimes they only get to two or three). Accept, deny, no decision. Call the accepted students on Thursday afternoons, update AADSAS for rejected students (I don't know if its right away or later), no decision kids are reviewed on subsequent Thursdays. This is all info I have gathered at the interview and calling up there with questions a bunch of times. I would imagine this late in the game they are also compiling a waitlist, not sure how that works but I have heard from other predents that it is a short list. For what its worth, I do know that they have recently given out more interview invites.

I'm pretty sure they meet on Thursdays, review as many applicants as they can (They said sometimes they only get to two or three). Accept, deny, no decision. Call the accepted students on Thursday afternoons, update AADSAS for rejected students (I don't know if its right away or later), no decision kids are reviewed on subsequent Thursdays. This is all info I have gathered at the interview and calling up there with questions a bunch of times. I would imagine this late in the game they are also compiling a waitlist, not sure how that works but I have heard from other predents that it is a short list. For what its worth, I do know that they have recently given out more interview invites.

Thank you for the info, i didnt know they only looked at 2 or 3 in a meeting. So more than likely for those of us who interviewed pre-December they may not have re-reviewed our application since then. It sounds like people who are interviewing now are then finding out that week or week after if they are accepted, so im guessing those are the apps they look at most recently. Gosh this process is confusing haha.:rolleyes:

Thank you for the info, i didnt know they only looked at 2 or 3 in a meeting. So more than likely for those of us who interviewed pre-December they may not have re-reviewed our application since then. It sounds like people who are interviewing now are then finding out that week or week after if they are accepted, so im guessing those are the apps they look at most recently. Gosh this process is confusing haha.:rolleyes:

Sometimes they may get to more applications, but one guy who interviewed me said the meetings often turn into a big debate and everyone has to get their thoughts out, and that takes a while. Honestly the best thing to do is not to try and figure out what they do, or how they make decisions, you'll only make yourself crazy, this is true of any school. It seems to me there is no rhyme or reason to the admissions process. Good luck though, and keep your phone close on Thursdays.

Just curiosity, have they sent out rejection, and waiting list yet?

Just curiosity, have they sent out rejection, and waiting list yet?

I know for sure they have rejected applicants who did not interview, not sure if anyone who interviewed has been rejected yet. I don't know anything about the wait list.

Sometimes they may get to more applications, but one guy who interviewed me said the meetings often turn into a big debate and everyone has to get their thoughts out, and that takes a while. Honestly the best thing to do is not to try and figure out what they do, or how they make decisions, you'll only make yourself crazy, this is true of any school. It seems to me there is no rhyme or reason to the admissions process. Good luck though, and keep your phone close on Thursdays.

I completely agree with ewu. I know you must think it's easy for us to say because we've been accepted, but I was in the exact same boat as you guys two weeks ago. I interviewed on Dec 17, and didn't hear back until January 31.... which was a VERY LONG month and a half. I've been looking at some of my previous posts, and I'm embarrassed with how much I posted trying to figure out the application process, when the board would meet, how my interview compared to others, if I had any shot at getting accepted, and much, MUCH more.

Honestly, my best advice is just to get off SDN for a little bit and occupy your time doing something you enjoy. I frequented, and I mean FREQUENTED, SDN from the time I interviewed in Dec, to the beginning of January, and then realized at the beginning of January I was driving myself crazy constantly being online. I got off SDN for the month of January, went golfing, out with friends, shot my shotgun at the local gun range (best stress reliever ever), and got out of the house and did things I enjoy. In turn, the month of January flew by and was stress free compared to the previous months. Before I knew it, I got a call at the end of January and was accepted into UWSOD.

We have all worked so hard previously and during this process, so I completely understand how stressful it gets, but the worst thing to do is linger around SDN and see other people accepted and complaining about which schools to go to. Trust me please.... if you have not been accepted yet and were in the same boat as me (freaking out, stressful, and exhausted both mentally and physically), do yourself a favor by getting off SDN, getting out of the house, and making a true effort to do the activities you love. Before you know it, you will get a call from Kathy Craig or Sue Coldwell with an acceptance from UWSOD. :)

Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted, good luck to those of you waiting on an acceptance, and as always, feel free to PM me with any questions, concerns, or just some support.

~RSalha