****The Official U of Washington Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Hi! I think I remember you :)
Thanks! Good luck to you too!

Are you the one from Idaho? I think I remember you too.

Members don't see this ad.

I know that they have rejected some people who have interviewed

Members don't see this ad :)
It's so quiet here.
I'm still patiently waiting :luck:

Has nobody heard anything in the past couple of weeks? Do you think they are waiting till mid March to announce the last acceptance?

I haven't heard anything. You guys should all make an account on predentals.com, its the new predents! Seems like a good site to me

AADSAS updated to "application denied". That was disappointing. Looks like i'm going to school on the other side of the country

Last edited:
AADSAS updated to "application denied". That was disappointing. Looks like i'm going to school on the other side of the country

I'm sorry for you, you have amazing score too, :-/ when did you interview at uw sod?

wow that's a bummer :( i haven't heard back myself yet, but i'm sorry to hear that! keep faith that you'll have a great experience no matter what dental school you go to.. in the end we're all gonna become dentists one day anyway! that's the end goal right? :) (and i've heard raving reviews about NYUCD, too!!)

I interviewed February 4th and just got the call Thursday March 7th that I'm in! Literally the best phone call of my life :) It still hasn't updated on the ADEA's site yet. Can't wait and good luck to everyone else here...

Last edited:
I interviewed February 4th and just got the call Thursday March 7th that I'm in! Literally the best phone call of my life :) It still hasn't updated on the ADEA's site yet. Can't wait and good luck to everyone else here...

congratz :thumbup:, are you IS or OOS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Called Kathy today and I've been put on the waitlist at #7. She said that letters were sent out today to the people who have been waitlisted (and denials for everyone else I assume). So if I were you guys, I'd give her a call! If you get put on the waitlist don't forget to post your rank on here so we can figure out when the list moves!

Called Kathy today and I've been put on the waitlist at #7. She said that letters were sent out today to the people who have been waitlisted (and denials for everyone else I assume). So if I were you guys, I'd give her a call! If you get put on the waitlist don't forget to post your rank on here so we can figure out when the list moves!
By letters do you mean emails or snail mail?

By letters do you mean emails or snail mail?
Snail mail. Thats why I suggest calling her, either tomorrow or next Monday since it would be faster, and if you are on the waitlist she will tell you your rank

I called Kathy this afternoon and I'm 1st on the waiting list. I hope it will get a call soon. :)

I just called Kathy and I am #4 on the wait list. Good luck to everyone; hope to meet you all in the fall.

Received a call from Sue Coldwell this morning around 10am. I'm in RIDES program as well. Good luck everyone. :)

Received a call from Sue Coldwell this morning around 10am. I'm in RIDES program as well. Good luck everyone. :)
So you found this out after you were told you were on the waiting list? So that means the list has moved up at least 1 spot?

So you found this out after you were told you were on the waiting list? So that means the list has moved up at least 1 spot?

Yip, I was first on waiting list yesterday, and a spot in RIDEs program open up this morning. :luck:

Snail mail. Thats why I suggest calling her, either tomorrow or next Monday since it would be faster, and if you are on the waitlist she will tell you your rank
May I ask your GPA & DAT scores?

congratulations to all on your successes! you da bomb!

Any word on WL movement??

I'm not sure.. I tried calling Kathy today to see what's up with the wait list but I've been rolled straight to voicemail the past 2 days. The ADEA is actually up in Seattle right now so they've been in conference with the UW and nearby dental hygiene schools for the past 2 days.. maybe we'll hear more tomorrow.

What's your stats?

i started at number 3, so i guess i would technically be number two with the movement. fingers crossed but trying not to get my hopes up!

You should be solid at #2, I really hope you get in, my chances depend on it! lol. It looks like 6 people on this forum besides EddieT are on the waitlist.

does anyone know what makes the criteria for wait list? Like, are all 65 spaces filled already and they're waiting for people to drop, or they've already made as many offers as they can allow at this point and waiting for people to say no? fingers crossed that the wait list will move more!

does anyone know what makes the criteria for wait list? Like, are all 65 spaces filled already and they're waiting for people to drop, or they've already made as many offers as they can allow at this point and waiting for people to say no? fingers crossed that the wait list will move more!

You never really know and I'm sure that isn't information they will tell you. You are going to make yourself crazy trying to figure out little details like that. My assumption is they have most of the spots filled, i.e. most people have officially committed to UW, and there are a few people left who have offers of acceptance but are yet to respond. However, the latter doesn't seem too likely, because as it gets later and later into the cycle they decrease the time you have to respond to an acceptance. For example, I received my acceptance on January 31st and they gave me two weeks to respond, or my acceptance would be forfeited. The waitlist spots are probably in place for the people who are offered spots and have not yet responded, or for those who responded "yes" to UW, and received an acceptance from a different school and decide to go there. This is just my speculation and could be completely wrong so take it with a grain of salt.

GOOD LUCK TO THOSE OF YOU ON THE WAIT LIST! I HOPE WE ARE FUTURE CLASSMATES!

You never really know and I'm sure that isn't information they will tell you. You are going to make yourself crazy trying to figure out little details like that. My assumption is they have most of the spots filled, i.e. most people have officially committed to UW, and there are a few people left who have offers of acceptance but are yet to respond. However, the latter doesn't seem too likely, because as it gets later and later into the cycle they decrease the time you have to respond to an acceptance. For example, I received my acceptance on January 31st and they gave me two weeks to respond, or my acceptance would be forfeited. The waitlist spots are probably in place for the people who are offered spots and have not yet responded, or for those who responded "yes" to UW, and received an acceptance from a different school and decide to go there. This is just my speculation and could be completely wrong so take it with a grain of salt.

GOOD LUCK TO THOSE OF YOU ON THE WAIT LIST! I HOPE WE ARE FUTURE CLASSMATES!
When were you required to pay your deposit, though? That plays a role as well in the seats that open up

anyone hear any news about the waiting list yet?
Last I heard the person directly ahead of me had dropped out, moving me up to #5. I started at 7, moved to 6th when the first person immediately got off of the waitlist, and then the person who was at 5 at that point dropped. So everyone who started at 7th or lower moved up 1 more spot. That was a week ago, any other news?

Good luck to everyone! If you need any support feel free to PM me! I hope you guys end up as my future classmates!

i don't believe there has been, anyone know of anything? doesn't look too promising.

i don't believe there has been, anyone know of anything? doesn't look too promising.
What great luck we are having. Last year the waitlist moved up almost to the very top, and this year the waitlist moves only 2 spots so far. This is the slowest it has moved in the last 6-8 years from looking at old forums.

We got matched up with our big sibs over a week ago and the incoming class reception is this weekend. I'm not sure how things usually go, but I would imagine there won't be much movement at this point? Good Luck!

hey guys! there is still hope... i was out of the country until monday and came home to a message from washington that i have been accepted to the program :) keep praying and keep your heads up, good things will happen!

hey guys! there is still hope... i was out of the country until monday and came home to a message from washington that i have been accepted to the program :) keep praying and keep your heads up, good things will happen!

Will you be attending?

I talked to Kathy earlier today and the waitlist has moved up two spots making me #1 (started at #4). There is still hope! Good luck everyone.