****The Official UCSF Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Oh, UCSFx2016, check your email. They just sent the provisional admit to me!

Thanks I just got the email.

Members don't see this ad.

No call or rejection email here. Still in limbo.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call around 6:40 CT! Extremely excited, now for some tough decisions!

I just called the admissions office and they confirmed they're done calling folks. Oh well, better luck next time.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if others decline their acceptance then...

I just called the admissions office and they confirmed they're done calling folks. Oh well, better luck next time.

Does that mean waitlist or rejection? I recall them telling us during the interview day that they were not going to re-review candidates, so I expected them to have a decision one way or another. I tried calling the admissions office, but got voicemail.

oh wow! so they interview a large group at once? Also, do you think there are still many spots available?

They give out 60 acceptances in hopes of getting 44 people. If that's the case then only half the class will be filled. But if more people accept than they expect there would be <44 spots left.

what are our chances now that we had pre-dec interview but no acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
what are our chances now that we had pre-dec interview but no acceptance?

Assuming we are going to be waitlisted (which appears to be the case), that is precisely the question they told us not to ask them. :p Hopefully they can at least tell us what position on the waitlist we are.

I hope they send an e-mail with this information. They do say not to ask, but I'd like to know how realistic my chance is here

I think we're speculating too much. Lets see how this whole thing plays out. If they like you you'll get called sooner or later. If you guys have other acceptances then its not too big of a deal. To those who have their heart set on UCSF, I feel for y'all

no news is good news for ucsf.

its a fact . the dean announced it. I'll most likely be turning them down so enjoy my spot

You'll be turning'em down? Why?

I got in to UCLA and I am probably going to just end up there so I am not as worried as I was on the 3rd, but which place are you probably gonna go UCLAzy? (ignoring the clue in your name ^_^)

I am wait listed but they aren't sending out any more acceptances till jan or mid feb

I am wait listed but they aren't sending out any more acceptances till jan or mid feb

How did you find out about being wait listed and knowing that they won't send any more out until Jan or Feb?

How did you find out about being wait listed and knowing that they won't send any more out until Jan or Feb?

I called and left a message asking about my status cause I didn't hear anything on the 3rd. And they sent an email saying that acceptances and denials were already sent out and that they don't have a decision yet for me I'm assuming its waitlist but idk

I called and left a message asking about my status cause I didn't hear anything on the 3rd. And they sent an email saying that acceptances and denials were already sent out and that they don't have a decision yet for me I'm assuming its waitlist but idk

Did they indicate when/if we could expect to hear anything else from them? Like where we are on the waitlist? Also, did they say Jan or mid Feb for the next round, or was that more an assumption?

Last edited:
I just spoke to Sarah, and she also said "no news is good news" so we just have to wait until February when the next round of acceptances go out. She said rejections go out immediately after the 3rd for the applications they have reviewed so far, so if you haven't been rejected yet, you are still in the running!! Good luck to all still waiting! :xf:

You'll be turning'em down? Why?

I got in to UCLA and I am probably going to just end up there so I am not as worried as I was on the 3rd, but which place are you probably gonna go UCLAzy? (ignoring the clue in your name ^_^)

ucsf is a fantastic school maybe better than la, but for me ucla is just right.

I found on some other thread that waitlists don't go out until mid Feb until everyone's done being reviewed/interviewed but could be wrong.

ucsf is a fantastic school maybe better than la, but for me ucla is just right.
I will also be attending UCLA (where i went for undergrad) instead of UCSF because it's an easier transition and better fit for me. So another spot up for others. Good luck everyone

For those who are accepted, are we supposed to get a letter/packet in the mail? I can't remember if they said that in the phone call and the emails don't say anything about it.

Congrats to all accepted, g'luck to all waitlisted.

I have an interview in January, and some acceptances already. I'm OOS.

What's nice/unique about this school? What's not so great?

Congrats to all accepted, g'luck to all waitlisted.

I have an interview in January, and some acceptances already. I'm OOS.

What's nice/unique about this school? What's not so great?

Look up some articles written by Dr. Bertolami and search their website.

This one wasn't written by him but it outlines the curriculum reform at UCSF.
Evolution and Revolution: The Curriculum Reform Process at UCSF

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=898987

Last edited:
For those who are accepted, are we supposed to get a letter/packet in the mail? I can't remember if they said that in the phone call and the emails don't say anything about it.

Anyone know?

Is it safe to say that they are done giving out interview invites until January when the deposit deadline has passed? UCLA as well? Has anyone gotten anything?

I just got an interview invite from UCSF this afternoon! January 17th.

CA Resident
I applied VERY late, mid-october.
19-21 DAT, 20 PAT
3.4 Science, 3.7 Non-science
Lots of dental assisting/shadowing experience.

I think maybe interview spots will start opening up as people get accepted to other schools and drop interview slots. :)

I got an invite today as well! :) My stats are very similar to yours.

Last edited:
I just got an interview invite from UCSF this afternoon! January 17th.

CA Resident
I applied VERY late, mid-october.
19-21 DAT, 20 PAT
3.4 Science, 3.7 Non-science
Lots of dental assisting/shadowing experience.

I think maybe interview spots will start opening up as people get accepted to other schools and drop interview slots. :)
You applied right before the deadline?! and got an interview in January, not bad! :)

You applied right before the deadline?! and got an interview in January, not bad! :)

I actually missed the UCSF deadline by a few days! They gave me a secondary anyway. I also have an interview next month at WesternU. :luck:

SonicBlast, is your interview date the 17th too? Good luck!! :)

That's awesome that they sent you a secondary application anyway! Good luck with both your interviews!!

Declined interview invitation. Hopefully someone else who wants one will get an email soon :) Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I just received an interview invitation! I have already been accepted to my state school, but I am torn. It will cost twice as much to attend UCSF. What would you do and why?

Depends on why you want to go to UCSF.

For those accepted in the first round, when is the deposit due? And does anyone know if those with pre-dec interviews without acceptances are essentially wait-listed?

For those accepted in the first round, when is the deposit due? And does anyone know if those with pre-dec interviews without acceptances are essentially wait-listed?

I read off of the above comments that if you had a pre-Dec interview and weren't rejected or accepted on Dec. 3rd, "that no news is good news". So based off of looking at last year's thread, the people who interviewed pre-Dec either were accepted in mid-Feb or were offered a waitlist position. So luckily no more rejections will be going out for pre-Dec people, unless you don't fulfill pre-reqs or something.

I just wish they'd do it earlier than have us wait until Feb, because I'm pretty sure I read that they sent out acceptances to people who interviewed after Dec. 3rd, before the mid-Feb mark (like in mid-to-end Jan).

:xf: for hearing some good news from UCSF ASAP!!

I interview at UCSF on Monday, does anyone have any advice or words of wisdom?

I got an interview invitation late last week the day before i flew out to NY for my NYU interview, which was the only school i had heard from since that day. I totally new to SDN, i mean not really, i've been creepin on forums without being a registered this is my first post. My interview is Feb 1st, I applied late in the cycle, late September.

DAT
AA 20 (all subject scores were either 20 or 21 except for bio 18)
GPA
3.5 overall
Lots of shadowing...(consistent 4 years)
and a Cali resident

So my question is can anyone help me out with what to expect for the interview? im looking at the survey results, but id appreciate it, if i could get a personal account. Does anyone know how many people have been accepted so far?
PLEASE AND THANK YOU! hope someone replies to me soon :3

If I'm not mistaken, they accepted 60 people on Dec. 3rd, in hopes of filling half of their class (44 students is half). Not sure when the next wave will be sent out, hopefully it'll be soon! Waiting for some good news from this school! :xf: