****The Official UCSF Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

During the interview on Monday they told us where they were at with their acceptance process. I'll share with you guys so you have a better idea of your chances of hearing back.

They are pretty much done sending invites for interviews and their last interviews are going to take place during the first week of February. The admission committee will meet two times in the next month, once in two weeks to send out a few acceptances, and again in mid February to make final decisions. In mid-February, they will be deciding who is accepted, who is denied, and who is on the alternate list. They also said they will ONLY HAND OUT THE AMOUNT OF ACCEPTANCES THEY HAVE SPOTS FOR. Currently, half the class filled, which is approximately 44 students. They also stated specifically, NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS. This means if you don't hear anything until mid-February, you are in a decent place because if they were going to deny you they would do so sooner rather than later.

Good luck to everyone and let me know if you have anymore questions. Also, did anyone who interviewed have a weird experience with their faculty interviewer? I interviewed with a PhD professor and I would have much rather interviewed with a clinician because I feel like it would have been a lot easier to connect with them. I didn't really know much about the research of the PhD so it was tough to connect with her. If you have any thoughts, positive or negative I'd appreciate it if you could send me a PM or reply to this post.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the info! I really hope I get in soon...it'd suck to get rejected at this point!

Also, if it helps, I think at my interview generally everybody interviewed with a research professor (even me). It was very random based on who got who, which is also a little interesting, but though I couldn't really connect to my interviewer based off of his work, I tried to find other points to connect with him on. Though it obviously didn't help all that much given I haven't been accepted yet, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. :)

I had the interview same day as you, I was just sitting opposite to you. Yes, I had a science professor as well and it was hard to connect with him. In my other interviews, I felt they were more like a conversation compared to this one. BTW, my status on aadsas just changed from invited to interview back to received/under review. Did that happen to you too? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
BTW, my status on aadsas just changed from invited to interview back to received/under review. Did that happen to you too? Thanks.

No, my AADSAS still says "invited for interview"...
I liked my interviewers a lot. I thought it went very smoothly. Now just crossing my fingers and waiting. Eeek! :/

No, my AADSAS still says "invited for interview"...
I liked my interviewers a lot. I thought it went very smoothly. Now just crossing my fingers and waiting. Eeek! :/

What day was your interview. Mine was on 1/16.

I got an interview invitation late last week the day before i flew out to NY for my NYU interview, which was the only school i had heard from since that day. I totally new to SDN, i mean not really, i've been creepin on forums without being a registered this is my first post. My interview is Feb 1st, I applied late in the cycle, late September.

DAT
AA 20 (all subject scores were either 20 or 21 except for bio 18)
GPA
3.5 overall
Lots of shadowing...(consistent 4 years)
and a Cali resident

So my question is can anyone help me out with what to expect for the interview? im looking at the survey results, but id appreciate it, if i could get a personal account. Does anyone know how many people have been accepted so far?
PLEASE AND THANK YOU! hope someone replies to me soon :3

I got an interview scheduled for the same day~
I also applied VERY late
Also looking for some feedback on how the interviews went... This is my first dental school interview ever so any advice, questions that were asked, any information of any sort would help from those interviewed at UCSF already or even at other schools :) Thanks!!!

I got an interview scheduled for the same day~
I also applied VERY late
Also looking for some feedback on how the interviews went... This is my first dental school interview ever so any advice, questions that were asked, any information of any sort would help from those interviewed at UCSF already or even at other schools :) Thanks!!!

Congrats on the interview! Like everyone else, you'll have an interview with a student and faculty member. My student interview asked an ethical question and just common questions about yourself, most of which is stuff I pulled from my application. The faculty interview for me was much more conversational than feeling like an actual interview. We ended up talking about my hobbies for the latter part of it so I was actually less nervous during this one. At the very end, you have a writing sample where they give you a quote that you have to interpret and write about. Really nothing you can do to prepare for that so just do your best!

Overall, I thought the staff and faculty were all very nice (and had a great sense of humor). They even started to give you restaurant recommendations at the end of the day :laugh: In the end, as cliche as it sounds...just be yourself!! Good luck! We'll both be waiting to hear back from them :xf:

Congrats on the interview! Like everyone else, you'll have an interview with a student and faculty member. My student interview asked an ethical question and just common questions about yourself, most of which is stuff I pulled from my application. The faculty interview for me was much more conversational than feeling like an actual interview. We ended up talking about my hobbies for the latter part of it so I was actually less nervous during this one. At the very end, you have a writing sample where they give you a quote that you have to interpret and write about. Really nothing you can do to prepare for that so just do your best!

Overall, I thought the staff and faculty were all very nice (and had a great sense of humor). They even started to give you restaurant recommendations at the end of the day :laugh: In the end, as cliche as it sounds...just be yourself!! Good luck! We'll both be waiting to hear back from them :xf:

thanks for all the info, kejs! every little bit helps :)) yes, i hope the best for both of us! thanks again~

Hey all, I'll be flying over to UCSF next week to interview. Does anyone know approximately what percentage of interviewees are accepted?

Hey all, I'll be flying over to UCSF next week to interview. Does anyone know approximately what percentage of interviewees are accepted?

They accept roughly 120 people for 88 spots and interview around 280, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations on the call!

When did you interview for the school?

Congrats to those who got the call today!! I'm pretty sure these people interviewed in Jan, and hopefully the rest of us who interviewed pre-Dec will hear some good news soon, too!

Also, for the people asking about the stats of accepted/interviewed, unfortunately, I don't think UCSF reported those numbers to the ADEA guide handbook :-/ so they might be listed somewhere else?, but I'm not sure...

Good luck to everybody! :xf:

Congrats to those accepted!!

I remember reading from another thread that it's ~50% acceptance for those interviewed.

they interview 250 for 88 spots. obviously accept a little more than that because not everybody accepts.

I'm sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing your stats?

CA Resident
I applied VERY late, mid-october.
19-21 DAT, 20 PAT
3.4 Science, 3.73 Non-science
Lots of dental assisting/shadowing experience.

Interviewed 1/17 and thought it went really well.

So disappointed. :(

CA Resident
I applied VERY late, mid-october.
19-21 DAT, 20 PAT
3.4 Science, 3.73 Non-science
Lots of dental assisting/shadowing experience.

Interviewed 1/17 and thought it went really well.

So disappointed. :(

:confused:

I'm really sorry to hear that. :(

anyone hear any news from ucsf lately?

People who interviewed at the end of Jan, do we know when we can expect to hear back with decisions?

I think before this weekend ends. My friend told me about 2 weeks after you interview.
Also, UCSF said no later than mid-feb. Lets wait and see

People who interviewed at the end of Jan, do we know when we can expect to hear back with decisions?

I interviewed at the end of January, and they accepted me about a week afterwards.

I do remember Mr. Betbeze saying that if you do not hear back within two weeks, you are considered in the final committee review. I believe he said that happens sometime in mid-February. At that time, you will get a final acceptance, rejection or alternate list, which you will be given a rank. Hope that helps, good luck :thumbup:

Just received a rejection email. :(

Interviewed in November.

I am sorry to hear that.

I just received an email and they put me on wait list. I interviewed in Nov too. My rank is pretty low so I don't know what my chances are. Sigh.

I am sorry to hear that.

I just received an email and they put me on wait list. I interviewed in Nov too. My rank is pretty low so I don't know what my chances are. Sigh.

I got the wait list email just now too :( If you don't mind, can I ask what number on waitlist you are on? I want to know if I should give up a spot on waitlist or not...

I'll help boost your confidence. Mine is #41 lolll what are the chances half of the admitted drop? I think I'll wait to hit my lottery xD

I am probably the last person in their list lol.......i dont think there is hope for me lol.....do you guys know how many waitlist spot they are giving out this year?

has anyone who interviewed on 2/1 heard anything?

from previous years, it looks like the waitlist can have 80+ people on it.

I am probably the last person in their list lol.......i dont think there is hope for me lol.....do you guys know how many waitlist spot they are giving out this year?

At interview they said they go absolutely randomly through the wait-list and its out of our hand what that means?

Thanks! and do you know how many students they take in from wait list eventually?>

rejected, interviewed in october :cry::cry: . Can't believe it took that long for a decision. It was my #1 as well

At interview they said they go absolutely randomly through the wait-list and its out of our hand what that means?

Wah.. If that's the case, there's really no point of assigning a number.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

So much for no news being good news.

I know, I was interviewed pre-Dec and was sure I'd at least be on the wait-list :(. Oh well, at least the waiting game is over.

Wah.. If that's the case, there's really no point of assigning a number.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I think they randomly sign the number and they pick by order OR they randomly sign the number and again randomly pick by program. probably the first scenario but I AM PRETTY SURE it is not based on the date of interview or qualification.

They don't randomly assign a number or randomly pick from the wait list. Your number is your number. When people with lower numbers are removed from the waitlist, you move up! And the class of 2015 went through #48 on their waitlist so I wouldn't give up hope.

At least that's what I'm telling myself. Good luck everyone!

would someone mind posting their waitlist letter?