***The Official UF Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have read some old threads from previous years and found out that the acceptance rate of post-dec interviews were actually pretty low... Cross-fingers!

I have read some old threads from previous years and found out that the acceptance rate of post-dec interviews were actually pretty low... Cross-fingers!

Even pre-december acceptance rate is kind of low. Its 33%

BUT there is always hope. Lets all think positive thoughts and hope for the best.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, I thought it was like one to four for pre-dec. who knows how low it is exactly for postdec

When I interviewed in October, Dr. Sandow said they interview 300 candidates and they accept 93 I believe. However, a friend of mine told me they recently expanded their incoming class size to 105 roughly. If so that is great news for us!!

When I interviewed in October, Dr. Sandow said they interview 300 candidates and they accept 93 I believe. However, a friend of mine told me they recently expanded their incoming class size to 105 roughly. If so that is great news for us!!
300 pre-dec interview? I have been always curious if it is true that they send out let's say 93 offers on dec 1st and wait to see how many of them accept the offer.

300 pre-dec interview? I have been always curious if it is true that they send out let's say 93 offers on dec 1st and wait to see how many of them accept the offer.

I really don't know to be honest. My guess is they send out 93 offers (or maybe 105 this year due to the expansion) on dec 1st and wait list a handful of others they potentially want if any of those 93 decline the offer. Then they decline the rest. I don't know how many get wait listed each year though. But according to Dr. Sandow, we will know by 8am on december 1st if we are accepted.

I really don't know to be honest. My guess is they send out 93 offers (or maybe 105 this year due to the expansion) on dec 1st and wait list a handful of others they potentially want if any of those 93 decline the offer. Then they decline the rest. I don't know how many get wait listed each year though. But according to Dr. Sandow, we will know by 8am on december 1st if we are accepted.

Are they having an expansion this year? Dr. Sandow said they start at 6 AM with calls, but it might take a bit later than 8 AM, so don't lose hope if the clock strikes 8:00 and you haven't heard anything :p

Are they having an expansion this year? Dr. Sandow said they start at 6 AM with calls, but it might take a bit later than 8 AM, so don't lose hope if the clock strikes 8:00 and you haven't heard anything :p

Yes I think so!! A friend of mine works for a faculty member in the College of Dentistry and thats what was said apparently. Fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not all the spots are given on Dec. Some are left for post-Dec interviewees.

If they interview 300 then I wonder how many supplementals they give out? My supp was done 10/1. Still no invite :/

A friend told me that the admissions committee normally meets the week before Thanksgiving week to make decisions on December offers. That means they've likely already determined the fates for many of us. Just have to wait 11 more days to find out!

A friend told me that the admissions committee normally meets the week before Thanksgiving week to make decisions on December offers. That means they've likely already determined the fates for many of us. Just have to wait 11 more days to find out!
The Adcom is meeting next monday. It's on the website :) and they meet again for post dec interviews on Feb!

I thought this too! Welp, either way fingers crossed for all of us.

Fingers crossed for you guys

Actually, in one of the newsletter emails they sent us it says that they will start sending out admission packages in the mail as of November 19 (which was yesterday) so I think the adcom already met & decided!

Actually, in one of the newsletter emails they sent us it says that they will start sending out admission packages in the mail as of November 19 (which was yesterday) so I think the adcom already met & decided!

I thought the email just said that whatever address you have listed as your preferred on AADSAS is "locked in" as of November 19...

Wow. I feel silly for missing that. Where on the website did you find that information? Link? Thanks! :)
Sorry abt this, it was my mistake. I should've read that info in the website of another school #somanyschoolstokeeptrackof lol A friend at UF just told me that the Adcom met yesterday so hopefully our names are seating right now on the dean's desktop waiting for final approval! #thestressisreal

I thought the email just said that whatever address you have listed as your preferred on AADSAS is "locked in" as of November 19...
"We will also put an acceptance package in the mail. This package will be mailed to the preferred address listed on file with AADSAS as of November 19"
I guess you could understand it in both ways? lol

"We will also put an acceptance package in the mail. This package will be mailed to the preferred address listed on file with AADSAS as of November 19"
I guess you could understand it in both ways? lol

The november 19th mentioned here along with what cubaton said about a friend saying they met yesterday leads me to believe that they got the packages together yesterday after deciding, but probably won't be sending them out until December 1st.

#wakemeupwhennovemberends(withaphonecall)

Reactions: 1 users
just curious. Does anyone have any insight on their "holistic" approach? Is this different from past years in their decision making process?

just curious. Does anyone have any insight on their "holistic" approach? Is this different from past years in their decision making process?
Honestly, I think you have a great chance to get in because you were invited for an interview right after your application was completed. They must be very interested in you!

Honestly, I think you have a great chance to get in because you were invited for an interview right after your application was completed. They must be very interested in you!

Thank you for the encouragement! I just don't feel great about my interview. I was just wondering if the application still played a significant factor in the decision making process or if it's mostly weighed on the interview now.

Thank you for the encouragement! I just don't feel great about my interview. I was just wondering if the application still played a significant factor in the decision making process or if it's mostly weighed on the interview now.
I've heard that ppl that don't do good in the interview do get in, so positive thoughts. We all deserve to get in cause we are all SDN -Student Doctor Nerds :)

Reactions: 1 users
lmao got rejected like 2 days after i submitted my app 2 months ago

3.5/3.4
25AA/26TS/23PAT
OoS

straight curb stomped me

i think the OoS and GPA held me back a bit

Good luck to everyone !! The day is almost here...:luck: #wakemeupwhennovemberendswithaphonecall

4 more days!!!!:zip::zip::corny::corny:

Attachments

• 10599573_865318640180179_3796276508565663584_n.jpg
    10599573_865318640180179_3796276508565663584_n.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving! And good luck, guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Like they should start calling already!!

Exactly! Lol

Last edited:
Accepted! Just got the call! Last name starts with S... Now if only my gf gets the call...

Reactions: 6 users
Got the call!!! Good luck everyone! :soexcited: