The Official UNE Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread

For all those still waiting, has anyone contacted the school and asked about a time frame for decisions?
The school will likely wait for decisions made by the accepted candidates. The first deposits will be due soon. When that time passes, or they receive declines, they will go back to the drawing board and reselect most likely in January.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I too got an acceptance email on Dec. 2 followed by a call from Dr. Koelbl!

I will most likely choose this school and mail my deposit in a few days. Anyone else? :D

Congrats on the offer and the personal call! Wow, that's special. I was elated with my emailed offer.

I will also choose UNE. The program seems like it is off to a fantastic start. I loved all the natural light throughout the building.

I am not aware of a FB group.

I will be sending my deposit in soon! Pretty sure I'll be going here too! Someone start a FB group?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the offer and the personal call! Wow, that's special. I was elated with my emailed offer.

I will also choose UNE. The program seems like it is off to a fantastic start. I loved all the natural light throughout the building.

I am not aware of a FB group.

Thank you, congrats to you too!

Here's the UNE c/o 2018 facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/UNECDMClass2018/

I interviewed on December 2nd and I'm really hoping to hear good news with the second wave of acceptances. All the current students I talked to had nothing but positive things to say in regards to the school (and this was right after they had their first final). My wife and I love Portland, and we're just keeping our fingers crossed. Going off last year's thread, the second wave went out around January 9... so I'm guessing we won't hear much until around that time. However, the thread from last year had people interviewing on multiple dates in December, and I have only seen December 2nd this year, so who knows... perhaps we'll even hear something on Monday?

I am really hoping to hear from this school in January. Is every one in the facebook group going to be a DS1 or are there a few DS2 in there also?

I am really hoping to hear from this school in January. Is every one in the facebook group going to be a DS1 or are there a few DS2 in there also?
I'm not sure why, but yes, there are current UNE students in the D18 group as well as accepted candidates. I assume the D17 students are on it as admins. We have our own group. So if you are counting seats….eight are current students in the D17 class that have joined your fb page.

Due to inclement weather (heavy snowfall and blizzards) in the Portland area, the admissions office will be accepting deposits on Monday, Jan. 6. They are delaying their second round of seat offerings until Tuesday, January 7. Of course, this is pending weather that allows them to return to work on Monday Jan. 6. Good Luck to those awaiting the second round.

Reactions: 1 users
Due to inclement weather (heavy snowfall and blizzards) in the Portland area, the admissions office will be accepting deposits on Monday, Jan. 6. They are delaying their second round of seat offerings until Tuesday, January 7. Of course, this is pending weather that allows them to return to work on Monday Jan. 6. Good Luck to those awaiting the second round.

Thanks for passing on the information. How did you find out the second round of acceptances are going out on Tuesday?

On Thursday, Jan 2, I received an email from Isaac Stickney explaining their office closure, when they would be able to accept deposit payments via credit card and when they would begin their second round of acceptances.

Their office was closed on Jan 2.

Portion of email from Isaac Stickney:
"Due to inclement weather, our office is closed tomorrow, January 3rd. We will be reopen Monday, January 6th at 8:00 am. In order to secure your seat with us, we will need to receive your payment by 4:30 pm EST via calling 207-221-4225 on Monday the 6th. If you sent a check, please notify me ASAP. The mail office reopens Monday as well, and your check will likely not be sorted through to our office by mid next week. If it was time stamped before the deadline, your seat will be secured. However, we will be offering seats to the next round of candidates Tuesday the 7th so please notify me if this is the case or your seat will be offered to the next viable candidate."

Has anyone who interviewed dec. 2nd got any notifications from the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Dec 2nd and was anxious all day today after reading the thread. I ended up calling Isaac and he said that the second wave of acceptances wouldn't go out until the end of this week or sometime next week... Here's to more waiting :(

I interviewed on Dec 2nd and was anxious all day today after reading the thread. I ended up calling Isaac and he said that the second wave of acceptances wouldn't go out until the end of this week or sometime next week... Here's to more waiting :(

Thanks for the info! At least we're aware of a potential time frame....

Thanks for the information... although I'm not sure that's going to make it any easier to stay off of SDN the next couple of days.

Thanks for the information... although I'm not sure that's going to make it any easier to stay off of SDN the next couple of days.
I agree completely! I will be refreshing this page until someone hears something.

Just received the official acceptance letter via email from Isaac!!!! See you guys in the fall!!

I too just received an acceptance email from Isaac! Email did not read like an acceptance AT ALL but the attachment said "Congratulations...." so relieved!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to all who were recently accepted. I'm really looking forward to meeting you and starting this amazing adventure.

There are a lot of people in the facebook group, so how many seats do you think are left?

There are a lot of people in the facebook group, so how many seats do you think are left?

You should try messaging UpperByte to ask how many are Class of 2017 students; more members of their class have joined our group since UpperByte last said there were 8.

Has anyone who interviewed at UNE also interview at BU? I got an invitation to interview at BU a few days before I got accepted here and am debating whether or not to go...I really liked UNE and unless BU blows me away I would likely send my deposit in to Isaac and come to Maine...

You should try messaging UpperByte to ask how many are Class of 2017 students; more members of their class have joined our group since UpperByte last said there were 8.
Looks like 24 are class of '17 members. So 80-24=56. 8 spots left. But there will likely be more as Tufts interviews later in the cycle, and others could be holding multiple spots and truly haven't decided yet. Still potential for a lot of movement.

More like 7 seats or less; I'm not on FB and made a deposit. However, like it's being said, a LOT can happen between now and June/July!

Has anyone (who has interviewed) been waitlisted or rejected? I interviewed back in late October but haven't heard anything from them yet.. Of the few that I know who were rejected did not receive an interview (they heard from them earlier in January).

Has anyone (who has interviewed) been waitlisted or rejected? I interviewed back in late October but haven't heard anything from them yet.. Of the few that I know who were rejected did not receive an interview (they heard from them earlier in January).
I also interviewed in October, I have not heard back anything since then. My AADSAS still says "Invited for Interview".

I also interviewed in October and haven't heard anything. Every time I've contacted the school they say they are still making decisions and if there is a change in our status we would be contacted. Nothing about a wait list. Im glad to see that I am not the only one that hasn't heard anything after an interview.

Come to think of it, it is possible they don't officially create a wait list. I don't recall any of us being called off a wait list. People just got the call.

Does anyone know if the class is filled or if they will be having a waitlist. I interviewed back in October and called a few weeks ago to see, but was told by a lady to check AADSAS. The status on there has been "Invited for Interview" since last October. Should I try to call the school again to see if someone will ask for my name that way they can check the status like that?

Really been stressed out and frustrated for the past few months.

Does anyone know if the class is filled or if they will be having a waitlist. I interviewed back in October and called a few weeks ago to see, but was told by a lady to check AADSAS. The status on there has been "Invited for Interview" since last October. Should I try to call the school again to see if someone will ask for my name that way they can check the status like that?

Really been stressed out and frustrated for the past few months.

Email Isaac, he usually responds quickly and is very nice. Most likely he'll tell you to wait for the next round of acceptances (don't know when that is) but at least they will know that you called and are interested. Good luck!!

I don't believe they formally waitlist people. You will say invited for interview until it says offer made.

Just received an official letter from Isaac placing me on an official waitlist.
Anyone else?

Just received an official letter from Isaac placing me on an official waitlist.
Anyone else?

Yea I just got my waitlist letter as well. This means all the seats are filled I'm guessing. I just wonder how much movement will occur between now and August. If only....if only my academic update hadn't taken so long.

I also received an email stating that I am placed on the waitlist. Lets hope some seats open up and we all make it in.