The Official Univ. of New England Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I'm in the same boat... Interviewed in October, LOVED IT, was waiting, then waitlisted, and now still waiting! Fingers crossed! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone! I just received an interview invite for April 20th and I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to what kind of questions they asked in their interview. Was it anything out of the ordinary or did they just ask the standard questions like why do you want to become a dentist or why do you want to come to UNE?

Any feedback will help! Thank You!

Hello everyone! I just received an interview invite for April 20th and I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to what kind of questions they asked in their interview. Was it anything out of the ordinary or did they just ask the standard questions like why do you want to become a dentist or why do you want to come to UNE?

Any feedback will help! Thank You!

Two faculty member interviewed me for duration of ~20min. They asked some specifics from my application (i.e. explain your grade here, elaborate on your research experience) etc. then I was asked what was my biggest achievement? I guess since I am OOS they asked me a question like if you got accepted to the school that is close to the beach vs. somewhere cold like Maine how do you choose to pursue your dental education? On the ethical question they asked if somebody is cheating on the test what would you do? Then we shook hands and said goodbye and they put me on waitlist ever since lol

hope that helped. good luck. be calm and grab a bottle of water and take it with you at interview! since you will talking the whole time you mouth will go dry. Cheers

Members don't see this ad :)
Two faculty member interviewed me for duration of ~20min. They asked some specifics from my application (i.e. explain your grade here, elaborate on your research experience) etc. then I was asked what was my biggest achievement? I guess since I am OOS they asked me a question like if you got accepted to the school that is close to the beach vs. somewhere cold like Maine how do you choose to pursue your dental education? On the ethical question they asked if somebody is cheating on the test what would you do? Then we shook hands and said goodbye and they put me on waitlist ever since lol

hope that helped. good luck. be calm and grab a bottle of water and take it with you at interview! since you will talking the whole time you mouth will go dry. Cheers

Thanks so much for all the information! This will definitely help me out!

Thanks so much for all the information! This will definitely help me out!

I hope your interview went well. Would you mind sharing how many interviewee were on your session and anything specific was mentioned during this day (i.e. how many seats are available, or how many are on waiting list, and how many more interview sessions are UNE are holding at this time). Good Luck :)

Not much was said about specific numbers as far as open seats or the wait list goes Salvatore.. There was 24 of us and they just told us that accepted students will find out this week and waitlist/rejections will find out later.. As of right now they don't plan to interview any more

Withdrew my acceptance today, good luck to all

I hope your interview went well. Would you mind sharing how many interviewee were on your session and anything specific was mentioned during this day (i.e. how many seats are available, or how many are on waiting list, and how many more interview sessions are UNE are holding at this time). Good Luck :)

Sorry I actually wont be of much help and wont be able to answer any of those questions. I had actually given up my interview spot a week ago because I have been accepted into NYU.
Hope you all the best in your future endeavours!

Acceptance!!! Amanda E-mailed me today around noon time. I had an interview on 4/20

Looks like you may have had my spot which I gave up at around noon today lol ! congrats

If anyone is looking for an apartment, please contact me. I am a third year dental student. I know how difficult it is to navigate the area online when you don't live in the state of Maine. For example, what areas are too far away, what is a good area versus a "don't live there" area, etc. Message me with any questions about where to live.

If anyone is looking for an apartment, please contact me. I am a third year dental student. I know how difficult it is to navigate the area online when you don't live in the state of Maine. For example, what areas are too far away, what is a good area versus a "don't live there" area, etc. Message me with any questions about where to live.
Hey I was accepted to UNE's dental class of 2020 & was wondering if you could help me with the whole living situation if you can, please & thanks.