The Official Univ. of New England Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Did they reject people that interviewed or are we all on the waitlist...

Members don't see this ad.

waitlisted as well, will be withdrawing from the list

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to ease some of your nerves, I was rejected on January 7th, after my interview on October 27th (I think it was). I applied going into my Junior year, and I think that they didn't realize that I wouldn't have my BA upon matriculation until after the interview. Good luck to all of you, and I'll hopefully see you all next year as D2's, as I will certainly be applying again!

Just to ease some of your nerves, I was rejected on January 7th, after my interview on October 27th (I think it was). I applied going into my Junior year, and I think that they didn't realize that I wouldn't have my BA upon matriculation until after the interview. Good luck to all of you, and I'll hopefully see you all next year as D2's, as I will certainly be applying again!

I'm sorry to hear that, I also interviewed that day. Best of luck to you!

I withdrew my acceptance last week, I hope this brings good news to someone on the waitlist!

I received the acceptance package but no phone call, yet. I'm almost positive I'm going to go to UNE but also got into my in-state school so I have to make a decision soon:bored:
You received an acceptance packet? What did this include?

Has anyone else received an acceptance package? I haven't received one yet (accepted 12/1). Not sure if I should contact them

Has anyone else received an acceptance package? I haven't received one yet (accepted 12/1). Not sure if I should contact them

I got an offer on Dec 1st as well, still didn't receive anything yet either.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am on the WAITLIST!!!! I hope I get in, UNE is my top choice!! I am currently in Colorado and ready to move out any minute! Even if its the first day of orientation! Congrats to everyone else, I hope I will be apart of your class! I had an interview in mid-Sept and was put on the waitlist first week in Jan.

I am on the WAITLIST!!!! I hope I get in, UNE is my top choice!! I am currently in Colorado and ready to move out any minute! Even if its the first day of orientation! Congrats to everyone else, I hope I will be apart of your class! I had an interview in mid-Sept and was put on the waitlist first week in Jan.
Haha, I'm in the same boat! Good Luck!

Was accepted off of the waitlist this morning - keep positive, it's still moving. Best of luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Was also accepted off the wait list this morning!

Congratz! I hope I'm not too far down the list! Good luck everyone

did anyone receive an acceptance package in the mail yet?

This thread has been quite for a while, does anyone know how many spots are left? If any?...

Can't say how many.. But pretty sure there are still open spots, since their last round of acceptance I know of 2 individuals who withdrew their acceptances

I withdrew my acceptance last week. Good luck! UNE is a great school

If you don't mind me asking what was the reason you withdrew from UNE? I was pretty hesitant on which school to choose, but finally decided on UNE

This thread has been quite for a while, does anyone know how many spots are left? If any?...
not sure the exact amount, but on our class facebook page, we have 57 members of the total 64 possible for the class. There may be a few people that are in the class that haven't joined that page though

Any idea when people usually start looking for a place to stay? is it closer to the summer? And Im from Canada, anyone have any idea how the house hunting process would go for me? Should I contact potential places prior to arriving in maine or would you suggest coming a week or so earlier and going looking for places?

Any idea when people usually start looking for a place to stay? is it closer to the summer? And Im from Canada, anyone have any idea how the house hunting process would go for me? Should I contact potential places prior to arriving in maine or would you suggest coming a week or so earlier and going looking for places?
join the Facebook group, i think you'll find it informative
https://www.facebook.com/groups/894916567194510/

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew my acceptance. I hope one of you well deserving people gets some good news tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 users
Declined my seat. Hope it goes to someone still waiting!

Just got an unexpected late interview invite hereee!!

Just got an unexpected late interview invite hereee!!
Congrats! Last week I got an email asking if I'd still be interested in a late interview this spring/summer. I immediately replied yes, but honestly didn't expect them to send any more out. This is good news!

Congrats! Last week I got an email asking if I'd still be interested in a late interview this spring/summer. I immediately replied yes, but honestly didn't expect them to send any more out. This is good news!

I got the same email last week.. To update, they said 4/20 was the last interview day and if invitees decline or don't respond by 4/13 that they would invite another candidate. Stay positive!

I got the same email last week.. To update, they said 4/20 was the last interview day and if invitees decline or don't respond by 4/13 that they would invite another candidate. Stay positive!
Are you interviewing for the class or for the waitlist?

Just heard back from Amanda and there are currently seats and waitlist spots available for this interview session

Just heard back from Amanda and there are currently seats and waitlist spots available for this interview session
Thanks for letting me know! I'm on the wait list and feel like they're skipping over me that's why I asked.

Thanks for letting me know! I'm on the wait list and feel like they're skipping over me that's why I asked.

I'm there with you! kinda disappointed here. Shouldn't they move on down the WL before more interview invites?? Since the official interview dates are over?

Anyways, I am very happy for those who got late interview. Knock em dead :)

I'm there with you! kinda disappointed here. Shouldn't they move on down the WL before more interview invites?? Since the official interview dates are over?

Anyways, I am very happy for those who got late interview. Knock em dead :)
Yeah, that's really strange. Idk why they would do that. It seems like they don't reject many people and just keep us all hoping for news by wait listing us.

Yeah, that's really strange. Idk why they would do that. It seems like they don't reject many people and just keep us all hoping for news by wait listing us.

For me inviting more interviewers would make sense if seats where available and no students on waiting list. I don't see why they don't go down their waiting list since there are still people on it! Its just unfortunate for someone like me who is waiting since Jan 8th to get the offer here!

For me inviting more interviewers would make sense if seats where available and no students on waiting list. I don't see why they don't go down there waiting list since there are still people on it like me! Its just unfortunate for as someone who is waiting since Jan 8th to get the offer here!
Yeah exactly. Same with me. I'm kind of sad lol

Last edited: