The Republic of Texas XXXIII: Lone Star State Pride

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's just like waiting for MCAT scores again. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I got another interview!!!! UTSW, baby! Whoooooo!!! Thank you to everyone who told me not to give up!

Reactions: 9 users
Already started drinking lol

Acceptance or not, it's going to be a good day ha

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know which schools are "big prematch" schools, and which ones wait till match day to fill the majority of their class?
A&M pre-matches pretty conservatively. They only send out a little less than 175 pre-match invitations (they used to pre-match on a 3:1 ratio, but they stopped after they overfilled their class that one year :))

Reactions: 1 user
A&M pre-matches pretty conservatively. They only send out a little less than 175 pre-match invitations (they used to pre-match on a 3:1 ratio, but they stopped after they overfilled their class that one year :))
Thanks! How do you know the # sent?

Did they say how many were interviewing this year? It was 714 last year according to US News.

If I remember correctly, I believe they said that they've interviewed/will interview 18% of applicants, and I think they had around 4400 apply (792 interviewed). That's just from my fallible memory, though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Haha well considering nobody here has gotten anything yet, I doubt they've sent anything. My guess is still midnight for UTSW! T-minus 7 hours :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If they end up waiting until Monday... We might die.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm getting a little anxious!! Good luck to everyone :luck:

Test. I bet 100 people looked at this just now.

Reactions: 2 users
What time are we hitting the chat room?

I think I know the answer to my question but just wondering, if I just interviewed today (14th) will I still be running for the midnight prematch batch??

I think I know the answer to my question but just wondering, if I just interviewed today (14th) will I still be running for the midnight prematch batch??

Unlikely, but prematch offers are rolling so you are still in the running to hear back later this month into December!

Almost certainly not. I just interviewed at UTMB today and they mentioned specifically that we would't be hearing tonight, but that they had prematch spots "set aside" for us later in the period.

Thanks for the feedback, yea I figured it's too early but I'm wishing for a miracle.... a prematch now would mean lot less headache

Alright guys, someone last year posted something similar, and I felt the need to do the same for y'all:

For a number of you, in the next hour and half to 24 hours, you will get some of the best news of your life. For the rest of you, even some of the most qualified, it will be disappointing, and you might feel like I failure. I know last year I didn't understand why no one wanted me, and it really shook my self-esteem and made the next few months very stressful.

But do not give up hope! There will be more pre-matches sent out. And if you still don't receive one, the match is truly a glorious thing. Waking up that day and finally seeing that I was going to medical school completely washed away the hurt I had had. There is still a lot of time, and I know it sucks to hear it, but you may have to be patient a while longer. Believe me, once you're here, you'll really see that you're just at the first step of what's going to be a long, difficult, amazing, challenging, and rewarding journey.

If things don't turn out perfectly tomorrow, please feel free to PM me and get some advice/vent/whatever.

Reactions: 13 users
Alright guys, someone last year posted something similar, and I felt the need to do the same for y'all:

For a number of you, in the next hour and half to 24 hours, you will get some of the best news of your life. For the rest of you, even some of the most qualified, it will be disappointing, and you might feel like I failure. I know last year I didn't understand why no one wanted me, and it really shook my self-esteem and made the next few months very stressful.

But do not give up hope! There will be more pre-matches sent out. And if you still don't receive one, the match is truly a glorious thing. Waking up that day and finally seeing that I was going to medical school completely washed away the hurt I had had. There is still a lot of time, and I know it sucks to hear it, but you may have to be patient a while longer. Believe me, once you're here, you'll really see that you're just at the first step of what's going to be a long, difficult, amazing, challenging, and rewarding journey.

If things don't turn out perfectly tomorrow, please feel free to PM me and get some advice/vent/whatever.

I think I love you

Reactions: 3 users
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, I GOT INTO MY FIRST CHOICE!

Reactions: 3 users
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, I GOT INTO MY FIRST CHOICE!

Really? It seems that from your previous posts that you have been talking about finding jobs after residency. But if you truly are accepted, congratulations!

Please don't tell me offers won't be sent until Monday...I'll cry.

Just got A&M!

Accepted A&M
WHOOOP?

SO IT BEGINS!

Congrats! But then that means I didn't get A&M :(