The SDN flaw parade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How come no one is setting me up :cryi:
Download hinge tinder bumble farmersonly blsckpeiple meet

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
wait but would people date a 20+ year old who never dated before or nah?
A) Never too late
B) I am living proof of this, and my first GF was also a first time dater...
Just be confident, and upfront!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

There are more of us than you think! My current (and first) relationship started within the past year as a 23 year old. Also found my bf through bumble!

• Love
Yes. Most of the crushes I've had are with guys who haven't dated.

Nothing as attractive as a mildly socially awkward, intelligent, sometimes sporty, family-oriented type of guy.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
There are more of us than you think! My currently relationship started within the past year as a 23 year old. Also found my bf through bumble!

Low-key bumble has been a hidden gem

Nothing as attractive as a mildly socially awkward, intelligent, sometimes sporty, family-oriented type of guy.
Rip that's me in a nutshell

Reactions: 5 users
Low-key bumble has been a hidden gem

Rip that's me in a nutshell
Bumble never disappoints. My issue with dating apps is I hate small talk, so I just come out swinging to see what kind of responses I get (no nothing sexual mostly hot topics such as politics and other controversial stuff). Meeting people in person tho>

Reactions: 1 users
Bumble never disappoints. My issue with dating apps is I hate small talk, so I just come out swinging to see what kind of responses I get (no nothing sexual mostly hot topics such as politics and other controversial stuff). Meeting people in person tho>
Small-talk is my downfall. Luckily I found someone who will happily talk your ear off

Reactions: 2 users
Small-talk is my downfall. Luckily I found someone who will happily talk your ear off
+1 and I found someone where the silence is comforting and not awkward. Very important imo

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This thread has taken a lovely turn.

But back to flaws...I am so bad at small talk! I will avoid it at all costs if I can. When I can’t avoid it (like in an Uber or Lyft), I just tell myself that it’s practice for talking to patients one day :laugh:

1570067563386.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
+1 and I found someone where the silence is comforting and not awkward. Very important imo
Honestly, someone on SDN ironically suggested using dating apps and go on dates to practice conversational skills for interviews and I unironically took their advice. It has worked very well.

Reactions: 7 users
My biggest flaw is that im really bad at staying focused on the task at hand. My mind deviates like crazy into some wild tangents or hypotheticals that end up being more entertaining than analyzing qpcr data thats due tomorrow for work and thats what Im supposed to be doing now get me off of sdn

Flaw: does not look like larry david lol

• Haha

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Anyone looking for a bf, if you have a WARS score of S, I WILL date you
Sorry ladies, I am taken ;)

But let me point you towards my boy @Orangekiwi
Bruh....She is throwing herself at you
Is this you my dear? :love:
Bruh, she is still on board
It’s gotta!
BRUH
Can confirm for any and all interested parties, @Orangekiwi does NOT look like Larry David.
He looks more like a Macho Bieber mixed with Joe and chandler from Friends.

Edit: Like a solid cute guy

• Love
Is that meme shia? Before his box experiment? After?

• Haha
Shia was in a Nike add? What?! When? During his Indiana Jones failure?
Jk research has shown it was just a motivational speech. I thought it was Nike for some reason, likely bc of their slogan

• Haha
My flaw: Procrastination as a method of self-preservation to avoid failure (very insecure) which then leads to circumstances that I can blame my failure on rather than myself. o_O

Wow... initially reading this thread I thought it was just going to be about flaws, but then it turned into sdnSingles.com

If any of you need advice on cooking rice or stovetop popcorn those are some of my strengths. Also, I've been married for 7 years this Saturday so I guess I've been on a few dates.

biggest weakness is that my grades and skills at video games are inversely proportional and I am REALLY good at video games.

I've been married for 7 years
Joining the 5 year club here in a few weeks! Is it a flaw? Yes. The flaw was in our hearts - a little crack. But the misses made herself right at home in that crack and made our flaws beautiful.

And to the rest of you on sdnsingles.com well....You just go ahead and have some self love for your flaws.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joining the 5 year club here in a few weeks! Is it a flaw? Yes. The flaw was in our hearts - a little crack. But the misses made herself right at home in that crack and made our flaws beautiful.

And to the rest of you on sdnsingles.com well....You just go ahead and have some self love for your flaws.

Yes, and the fact that my wife makes me a much better person. She made me stop playing video games... I didn't like it at first, but then when I got a 4.0 in my post bacc and a 516 on the MCAT I realized it was good advice

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I didn't like it at first, but then when I got a 4.0 in my post bacc and a 516 on the MCAT I realized it was good advice
That is funny, the exact opposite happened with me. I stopped playing video games at 19, but I ended up focusing TOO much on work and the military and not enough on my wife and school. She made me start playing games with her (just Minecraft, Diablo, and split screen shooters). But the emphasis on guaranteed family time really helped me learn to be grounded and how to prioritize. GPA went from 3.4 to 4.0 and the MCAT turned out well

• Haha
What games did you play when you played

Primarily FPS and role-playing. I was outrageously good at Halo (I still am). I also love everything that Bethesda makes like Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout. The reason my wife put down her foot is because I was also really into mobile games like Vainglory and Hearthstone. I would often play when I should have been spending time with the fam...

Hm:
---Anxious little bean. ( Hello nausea XP)
---Ruminating.Ruminating-ruminating-ruminating
---Likes makeup too much. Wears too much sometimes at inappropriate times. Maybe I'm vain? Idk. I hate using the word " vain" because I feel like vanity is a farce to make women feel bad about loving themselves but I sometimes feel like I am actually vain.

Primarily FPS and role-playing. I was outrageously good at Halo (I still am). I also love everything that Bethesda makes like Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout. The reason my wife put down her foot is because I was also really into mobile games like Vainglory and Hearthstone. I would often play when I should have been spending time with the fam...
Halo 3 custom games was the GOAT

change my mind

Alright, so.....I think these past 14 hours of this thread have shown us quite a few flaws in SDN personalities without needing to directly state them lol

• Haha