****tmdsas 2014****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i just called SA and she said (ms.nelda) that the school has never had a ranking list and she said tje ten spots info is more than likely not correct..i hope she is right, who was the guy who gave you thins info? was he on the admissions?

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone should just relax. If it happens this year great and if doesn't, that's ok. One year is nothing in the greater scheme of things.

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone should just relax. If it happens this year great and if doesn't, that's ok. One year is nothing in the greater scheme of things.

you are right but it's sooo much easier said than done lol especially for reapplicants

Members don't see this ad :)
you are right but it's sooo much easier said than done lol especially for reapplicants
i know right. i'm the first-time applicant but i'm so worried and can't get out of this anxiousness. i know re-applicants will have double anxiousness

Sorry for the confusion guys. I'm just trying let y'all know what I heard. I'm not sure about more going out for houston the end of feb. For my sake I hope so. Dr. P just said they still had another meeting left next Wednesday and more would go after that. He didn't say anything about letters going out the end of February but he didn't say there wouldn't be any going out either... So there's that.

The SA guy (sorry I can't remember his name... I had never spoken with him before) said the Ad Comm Had already met and discussed all the applicants that interviewed and given each applicant "points" and had them ranked according to points. He said there were approx ten spots left and there would be more acceptances going out every two or three weeks.

This contradicts everything I have heard as well but I'm just letting y'all know what I was told today.

On a happier note once I got home today I had an acceptance letter from SA waiting for me! (Which adds to the confusion of what the guy told me) Whoop! Anyone else get into SA today?

Ladymolarbear, was it by email or letter in the mail?

Congrats! Still hoping for a miracle...

Yay us! I have until March 11th to send in a statement of intent so if I haven't heard from houston by then then I plan on accepting.

Just know that my stats are slightly below average. I am beyond blessed to have been accepted.

Does anyone know what exactly a statement of intent means?

Yay us! I have until March 11th to send in a statement of intent so if I haven't heard from houston by then then I plan on accepting.

Just know that my stats are slightly below average. I am beyond blessed to have been accepted.

I don't know if you already mentioned this, but when did you get interviewed??

Thank you..aw man now i'm worried I interviewed at SA way before you in December :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course it's easy for me to say this sitting on this end of the deal but just try to stay patient. After today I am definitely a believer in "it will all work out!" Long story short my sister and I were the kids who took a shot at "making it big" from our teeny tiny town (1A high school, town less than 1,500 ppl) and no one thought we'd make it. She recently was accepted into law school and I just got into dental school. Miracles do happen people! Keep the faith!

Of course it's easy for me to say this sitting on this end of the deal but just try to stay patient. After today I am definitely a believer in "it will all work out!" Long story short my sister and I were the kids who took a shot at "making it big" from our teeny tiny town (1A high school, town less than 1,500 ppl) and no one thought we'd make it. She recently was accepted into law school and I just got into dental school. Miracles do happen people! Keep the faith!

Wow, people didn't believe in y'all? That's kind of harsh.

Haha yeah it was harsh. But it was better motivation than you can ever imagine.

yay congrats! looks like we'll be classmates :) you should be getting a statement of intent in the mail. just sign it and mail it back!

A friend of mine just got into Baylor earlier this week.

For the people who just got accepted into Baylor...when were you interviewed?

For the people who just got accepted into Baylor...when were you interviewed?
He interviewed dec 3rd or 4th. I don't remember exactly but it was just shortly after the Dec 2nd acceptances.

So i saw more ppl interviewed after Dec got in lately. Does it mean that those who interviewed way earlier than Dec are less likely to be accepted?

So i saw more ppl interviewed after Dec got in lately. Does it mean that those who interviewed way earlier than Dec are less likely to be accepted?
Everyone is fair play. No need to overthink it.

Baylor fills 106 seats, and 5 people were accepted two days ago. Also, they love to fill their seats with the top tier schools in Texas (University of Texas at Austin and Texas A&M)

Hi. Does any one receive a SNAIL MAIL FROM BAYLOR asking if you wanna be placed on BAYLOR ALTERNATE LIST?
by the way, the mail was date FEB 25th, and it also said the class is currently full.

Waitlisted at Baylor via snail mail.

Waitlisted at Baylor via snail mail.
hey, so did it ask u to mail a letter or email to say you accept that offer and also update current courses and activities.
an when did u receive tht email

I also got an alternate list offer, does anyone know if this offer is sent out to everyone who was interviewed but not accepted yet?

Yeah, the letter came yesterday and they requested transcripts, although I don't know why.

I was told it was a select 25-30 applicants a few weeks ago. But in reality, I have no clue what they do haha

Hopefully we will hear something from Houston next week - I believe it was 'supposed' to be today, but they rescheduled.

and what abuto SA?!??? LOL this is killing me..when dr.segura replied to my email regarding an update she ended with "thank you for contactig our school, best regards" as if i might not be hearing from them further?!? am i reading too much into everything?

and what abuto SA?!??? LOL this is killing me..when dr.segura replied to my email regarding an update she ended with "thank you for contactig our school, best regards" as if i might not be hearing from them further?!? am i reading too much into everything?

Probably

I have begun referring to San Antone as the 'Iron Curtain' because they seem so opposed to communication, much less giving out info about the process. Just hold tight for now.

I have begun referring to San Antone as the 'Iron Curtain' because they seem so opposed to communication, much less giving out info about the process. Just hold tight for now.

Lol...that's been exactly my experience with them over the years. UTSD and Baylor have been much more straightforward about everything.

I've been following this thread for a while now and thought I might finally post to offer some words of encouragement. This past Tuesday morning, I was blessed enough to finally receive an acceptance email from Baylor! I feel like I've been waiting for this acceptance forever and it finally came! :) I'm a 3rd time re-applicant; no interviews the first time I applied (I only applied to Baylor the 1st time, I was young and naive and a bit stubborn about moving out of Dallas lol not very wise, I know), got interview offers from all 3 Texas schools the second time applying, but only got wait-listed at Baylor, and for this cycle, I interviewed at Baylor and Houston in October and San Antonio in December. Let me tell you, these past year were the most anxious times of my life, not getting a December acceptance two years in a row and not knowing why due to my slightly above average stats was pretty heart-breaking. I was on the verge of giving up because the process was emotionally exhausting, and I was in a constant state of anxiety and doubt and the worst part was trying to explain this to family and friends who expected you to be accepted already. But guys, DO. NOT. GIVE. UP. KEEP THE FAITH! If it's really what you want, it WILL happen, just stay strong! Not everyone is blessed enough to have a smooth entry, like a Dec acceptance the first time applying, everyone's story is different! I was seriously not expecting this acceptance at all, but I truly believe in God's plan for us, and I feel absolutely blessed to have this amazing opportunity! I truly wish that everyone will have the chance to experience this great feeling. Best of luck to everyone! It's definitely not over yet!

Reactions: 6 users
I've been following this thread for a while now and thought I might finally post to offer some words of encouragement. This past Tuesday morning, I was blessed enough to finally receive an acceptance email from Baylor! I feel like I've been waiting for this acceptance forever and it finally came! :) I'm a 3rd time re-applicant; no interviews the first time I applied (I only applied to Baylor the 1st time, I was young and naive and a bit stubborn about moving out of Dallas lol not very wise, I know), got interview offers from all 3 Texas schools the second time applying, but only got wait-listed at Baylor, and for this cycle, I interviewed at Baylor and Houston in October and San Antonio in December. Let me tell you, these past year were the most anxious times of my life, not getting a December acceptance two years in a row and not knowing why due to my slightly above average stats was pretty heart-breaking. I was on the verge of giving up because the process was emotionally exhausting, and I was in a constant state of anxiety and doubt and the worst part was trying to explain this to family and friends who expected you to be accepted already. But guys, DO. NOT. GIVE. UP. KEEP THE FAITH! If it's really what you want, it WILL happen, just stay strong! Not everyone is blessed enough to have a smooth entry, like a Dec acceptance the first time applying, everyone's story is different! I was seriously not expecting this acceptance at all, but I truly believe in God's plan for us, and I feel absolutely blessed to have this amazing opportunity! I truly wish that everyone will have the chance to experience this great feeling. Best of luck to everyone! It's definitely not over yet!

Congrats! What was your stats and extracirc?

), got interview offers
from all 3 Texas schools the second time applying, but only got wait-listed at Baylor, and for this cycle, I interviewed at Baylor and Houston in October and San Antonio in Decembe!

congrats!!! so the second time you received interviews ..but you were not accepted? so how did you improve your applicatiom further after already getting as far as 3 interviews! ?

congrats!!! so the second time you received interviews ..but you were not accepted? so how did you improve your applicatiom further after already getting as far as 3 interviews! ?
Thank you!!! :)
I got a post-dec interview that San Antonio as well the second time around, but wasn't able to attend the interview due to personal circumstances and the timing. Who knows, San Antonio would've been the one, but everything happens for a reason!
As for my Houston interview.. my interviewer knew I only applied to Baylor the first time, and kind of drilled me for it lol. I'm pretty sure he got the impression that Baylor was my top choice and again who knows.. I've heard time and time again that with Texas schools, you also need some luck.

Although my stats were deemed competitive enough by everyone I talked to, there's always someone better. For this cycle, I was advised by the school to retake my DAT, the first time I took it I made a 20, but it was back in summer of 2011 and they wanted a fresh score for 2013. Although I did overall get the same score the second, it was better distributed and nothing was below a 19. Thankfully it was good enough to get me interviews again this time around and thank God, an acceptance :) I also continued shadowing and volunteering and took both A&P 1 and 2 and Neuroscience throughout the year.

I did graduate a year early, so it's been 2 gap years for me. I took 2 upper level bio courses this Fall semester, its important to do so especially because Baylor needs you to be taking classes as a re-applicant. The first time I applied, although my stats were good enough, I really was all over the place and my application was late. Sometimes I don't count the first time I applied as anything although it did help the second time since I didn't have to punch in all that coursework again lol anyway, good luck!
Congrats! What was your stats and extracirc?
Thanks!!!
oGPA: 3.69
Sci GPA: 3.65
DAT: 20/20/21

My ECs were pretty solid; dental clinic volunteer work, volunteered at Sealant day and TMOM, was involved in organizations and an officer in one, and over 100 hrs shadowing.

Last edited:
I got a post-dec interview that San Antonio as well the second time around, but wasn't able to attend the interview due to personal circumstances and the timing. Who knows, San Antonio would've been the one, but everything happens for a reason!
As for my Houston interview.. my interviewer knew I only applied to Baylor the first time, and kind of drilled me for it lol. I'm pretty sure he got the impression that Baylor was my top choice and again who knows.. I've heard time and time again that with Texas schools, you also need some luck.

oGPA: 3.69
Sci GPA: 3.65
DAT: 20/20/21

My ECs were pretty solid; dental clinic volunteer work, volunteered at Sealant day and TMOM, was involved in organizations and an officer in one, and over 100 hrs shadowing.

Oh man. Your stats are higher than mine and DAT are the same. Now I am pretty scared. I asked the dental schools if I should retake my DAT because of my low perceptual ability, but with a 20 AA and 21 TS. but they said I am good to go.

Oh man. Your stats are higher than mine and DAT are the same. Now I am pretty scared. I asked the dental schools if I should retake my DAT because of my low perceptual ability, but with a 20 AA and 21 TS. but they said I am good to go.
Don't worry about your DAT score too much, I only had to retake it because it was 2 years old and they wanted to see if I could at least perform the same against the new batch of applicants. Remember, they consider everything in your file, and I mean everything, so do not feel discouraged or feel like you weren't good enough. That's how I felt and it just made things worse, again it's not over so keep busy and stay hopeful!

Seems like a lot of Baylor folks chiming in here. Awesome! Can't wait to meet you guys.
So you must be an old fart like me ;)

oh common, I saw you at Houston. you are not that old. I'm surprised when you said you are married already. am i correct?
Haha, yea, got married last year. I certainly don't feel old.

So it's now march first... I'm guessing houston didn't send out any "end of February" acceptances like we thought they were going to...

Another day of March has gone by. More anxiousness has been built up.

Last I talked to pierpont he said they would be having another admissions meeting on Wednesday and more would go out after that.

For those wondering, 30 people on Waitlist and 15 on the Hold list at TAMBCD.