**TMDSAS 2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my application on 6/11/14

Baylor received it 6/30/14
San Antonio received it 7/22/14
No word from Houston yet

My stats are:
Undergrad GPA:2.3
Masters GPA: 3.9
Post Bacc GPA: 3.65

DAT

AA:18
TS: 18
Bio 19
Gen Chem 17
OChem 18
Reading Comp 19
Quantitative Reasoning 18

I have a lot of shadowing experience and work experience as a Dental Assistant. Lots of volunteer hours, etc.

I'm hoping I at least get an interview!! Fingers crossed :)
My old scores were similar/slightly lower than yours last cycle. I got interviews at Houston and San Antonio around nov/dec with no acceptance. That's not to say you won't, everyone is looked at differently. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my application on 6/11/14

Baylor received it 6/30/14
San Antonio received it 7/22/14
No word from Houston yet

My stats are:
Undergrad GPA:2.3
Masters GPA: 3.9
Post Bacc GPA: 3.65

DAT

AA:18
TS: 18
Bio 19
Gen Chem 17
OChem 18
Reading Comp 19
Quantitative Reasoning 18

I have a lot of shadowing experience and work experience as a Dental Assistant. Lots of volunteer hours, etc.

I'm hoping I at least get an interview!! Fingers crossed :)

That's weird, you should be able to get a confirmation from houston about two days after you apps are transmitted. Mine was transmitted at 7/31 and I got a confirmation around 8/3 or so.

So I got an interview invite at UTHSCA for Sept 8th. The problem is that I have a interview in Cleveland on Sept 9th and my flight leaves on the 8th from Houston. Does anyone know if San Antonio will reschedule my interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I got an interview invite at UTHSCA for Sept 8th. The problem is that I have a interview in Cleveland on Sept 9th and my flight leaves on the 8th from Houston. Does anyone know if San Antonio will reschedule my interview.

You can definitely reschedule your interview to probably around October.

Has anyone got a confirmation from San Antonio that submitted on July?

Do they fill it all up at once first Monday of December for Baylor?

Yes and no, they send out enough invites to fill their class. Many of those people will opt out for Houston or San Antonio. But theoretically if every one accepted their offer they would fill the class.

Yes and no, they send out enough invites to fill their class. Many of those people will opt out for Houston or San Antonio. But theoretically if every one accepted their offer they would fill the class.

To add to this, I was told that Houston sends out around 150 acceptances to fill up it class of 100 seats.

To add to this, I was told that Houston sends out around 150 acceptances to fill up it class of 100 seats.

Ill take one of those since they want to pass out extra seats :)

Did anyone submitted on July and get a confirmation from San Antonio yet? I don't want to make a call and bother them right now since I know they are really busy.

Last edited:
What is everyone's #1 choice?

Anyone know if Texas schools have a cut off for any section of the DAT? I'm worried about my QR.
PAT:23/QR:15/RC:18/BIO:21/GC:20/OC:18/TS:20/AA:18
Overall GPA: 3.78
BCPM GPA: 3.81

I don't think you should worry about it, QR is probably the least thing that they will care about. However, prepare for an answer of why your QR is low.

What is everyone's #1 choice?
Ill take any school I can get into :) but I would probably prefer Houston or San Antonio. If I stay in Dallas I will have too many distractions.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many pre-Dec interview slots do you guys think are taken up so far by UTHSCA or Baylor? All of October and November already?

Not sure, but my interview is end of September. I received the invite two weeks ago.

I read from the specific school discussion that out of state got some interviews. I thought that was weird.

NOOOOOO now I'm panicking. Well I took my dats a week and a half ago so the scores haven't uploaded yet. And for what school? It couldn't have been Baylor because from their website that would be against their policy. I doubt it was Houston as well so the only logical school would have had to be UTHSCA.

Yup. It was San Antonio. I haven't seen many Houston invites yet.

Is there a reason why Houston is overly selective for OOS? They show the worst stats for OOS acceptance.

School: BCD
Notification date: 09/05
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS mail-out date: 08/28
Application complete date: 08/03
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/20/no

So excited! I was afraid I would get a post-Dec interview. So far, San Antonio is the only school that hasn't notified me about anything (receiving my application, etc.).

Last edited:
School: BCD
Notification date: 09/05
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/24/20/no

So excited! I was afraid I would get a post-Dec interview. So far, San Antonio is the only school that hasn't notified me about anything (receiving my application, etc.).

Did you get an interview for Houston yet? And when is your interview?

Did you get an interview for Houston yet? And when is your interview?

Beginning October! And nope, Houston just sent me an email saying they received it.

I posted because like myself, other non-June/July appliers were biting our nails thinking we were post-Dec. Wanted to give those who are in the same situation as me some hope! :)

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has comparable stats..
Initially last year low sGPA 2.98, oGPA 3.1, DAT 17
Did not apply last year. Retook DAT 21, post bac A

Applied to all 3 TX but have not heard back from any. Applied OOS and hear back from only 1 for interview and 1 accepatnce, NYU,

Any insights, scenarios are welcome.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Initially last year low sGPA 2.98, oGPA 3.1, DAT 19
Did not apply last year.
Took post bac upper level 2 semesters (22 credits hrs Biology, 9 other science) and scored all A and A+ from university. 2 classes were as Teaching Assistant.

Current STATS: sGPA now 3.16, oGPA 3.38 with DAT 22. Dentist shadowing of 120hrs, Okay volunteer work.
Retook DAT now nothing below 19, 22AA, RC 29, BIO 24, Chem 21,
Applied to all 3 TX but have not heard back from any. Applied OOS and hear back from only 1 for interview.

Wondering will they look at the considerable improvement in DAT and the fact that did very well in upper level Biology + sacrificing 1 year to show I am serious about this profession?

Thanks.

It depends when did you apply and when was it transmitted?

Hi All,

Initially last year low sGPA 2.98, oGPA 3.1, DAT 19
Did not apply last year.
Took post bac upper level 2 semesters (22 credits hrs Biology, 9 other science) and scored all A and A+ from university. 2 classes were as Teaching Assistant.

Current STATS: sGPA now 3.16, oGPA 3.38 with DAT 22. Dentist shadowing of 120hrs, Okay volunteer work.
Retook DAT now nothing below 19, 22AA, RC 29, BIO 24, Chem 21,
Applied to all 3 TX but have not heard back from any. Applied OOS and hear back from only 1 for interview.

Wondering will they look at the considerable improvement in DAT and the fact that did very well in upper level Biology + sacrificing 1 year to show I am serious about this profession?

Thanks.

Your RC is so high! I don't know if this will make you feel better, but my Kaplan teacher, a D4 student at Baylor, said he heard Baylor likes good RC scores :)

Hi everyone,

What are your opinions on calling the schools and asking where you stand in the application process? I have not received an email invite for an interview yet from any of the three schools, so I would like to call and ask for my status. However, I do not want them to get frustrated because I'm sure they're overwhelmed right now answering other calls and reviewing everyone's applications. Does it look good to call (showing care and determination) or does it look bad?

If you could reply back and let me know, I would greatly appreciate it!

Hi everyone,

What are your opinions on calling the schools and asking where you stand in the application process? I have not received an email invite for an interview yet from any of the three schools, so I would like to call and ask for my status. However, I do not want them to get frustrated because I'm sure they're overwhelmed right now answering other calls and reviewing everyone's applications. Does it look good to call (showing care and determination) or does it look bad?

I highly recommend you not doing that. I feel that if they want to give you an interview, then they would. They interview several people and it is only the beginning of the application cycle. It will be your turn soon. If not, then don't give up any hope. During this time, it will be great to work on any weaknesses you have on your application.

Hi everyone,

If you are going to make that kind of phone calls, then I suggest find the # of the person/people that is currently on the admission committee and phone them directly. Or else you will most likely get the receptionist lady that will give you a generic response as to the status.

Did you all receive "application complete" emails from any of the 3 schools?

I received a "application received" email back in May/June and haven't heard anything since then. I've gotten 3 out of state public university interviews but none from Texas (in-state). I have competitive stats (22AA, 3.4 sGPA, 3.36 oGPA) and am a bit surprised to be blanked in-state. I'm looking to verify they have everything, not to ask about what they think. TMDSAS shows transmitted with DAT received and HP Committee packet received...

I received a "application received" email back in May/June and haven't heard anything since then. I've gotten 3 out of state public university interviews but none from Texas (in-state). I have competitive stats (22AA, 3.4 sGPA, 3.36 oGPA) and am a bit surprised to be blanked in-state. I'm looking to verify they have everything, not to ask about what they think. TMDSAS shows transmitted with DAT received and HP Committee packet received...
Same here, same here.

Just have been waiting. Hopefully we all hear something by the end of this month

Yes, I have received all three "application received" emails.

Your RC is so high! I don't know if this will make you feel better, but my Kaplan teacher, a D4 student at Baylor, said he heard Baylor likes good RC scores :)

So far no In State (TX). 4 OOS (LECOM, NYU, UNLV, STILL)
Anyone

Hi, SDN newbie here. I was wondering what are chances of getting into BCD for pre-december interview? ADEA guide says 943 TX residents applied, 243 received interview from BCD, 89 instate students enrolled. How many acceptances does BCD give out in december? Do many people drop seats at Baylor after 12/3?

This forum has been awfully quiet for the past month. Anyone had any invites from San Antonio or Houston yet?

Best news ever while trying to cram for CellPhys... Can't even think straight now.

School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 09/30

Best news ever while trying to cram for CellPhys... Can't even think straight now.

School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 09/30

Congrats! When is your interview date?

Still nothing from SA and getting worried:nailbiting:

61 days until December 1st...

Congrats! When is your interview date?
October 21st! :)

No SA too. SA is awfully quiet - people I know got answers from mainly Baylor/Houston.

61 days? I keep trying to calm other pre-dents around me saying it's still early, but you just made it seem otherwise by alerting how close December is T_T

Nice! How was the Houston interview? I think they passed up my application, but I really don't see anything terrible from my extracirc, gpa, and dat. lol

Hello guys I know I don't belong here but I am VERY interested in Texas Dental Schools.
I have been searching around this web but I couldn't find good answers for myself.
I have a long story to tell so if anyone is willing to help me with my situation please let me know.
Your kindness is greatly appreciated. BTW i really don't know how to send a private msg to people here so if there is a way of doing so please let me know.

Thank you everyone and sorry for posting it here.

Anyone have an idea about bringing a guest to a interview? (Baylor) I have a serious GF that I would like to come with me for support and was wondering if there is some sort of waiting area that she could hang out at until my interview is over. I'd like her to see the area/school to see if she could possibly see her living around the area.

Anyone have an idea about bringing a guest to a interview? (Baylor) I have a serious GF that I would like to come with me for support and was wondering if there is some sort of waiting area that she could hang out at until my interview is over. I'd like her to see the area/school to see if she could possibly see her living around the area.

Baylor has a room where all the interviewees stay at while the facilities are presenting about financial aid, research, and about the school. Your girlfriend can stay in the same room with you during this time. If you don't want her in the same room, you can take her to the cafeteria where she can wait there.

One of the interviewee brought their parents, and they were there throughout the whole presentation and interview process.