***TMDSAS 2016***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thats crazy

Baylor really think their **** don't stink.

Edit: thought about this some more. I'd call their bluff. You got an interview this early, that means your stats are good, you will receive another one. I feel it's just what they say to make sure people really try to make it.

Either way Baylor is a pain in the ass.

You seem to have some animosity towards Baylor lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
School: Baylor
Notification date: 8/19/15
Interview date: 9/16/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: Mid June
Application received date/s:Mid June-Late June ish
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.46, 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/22/no

Ooh we will be there the same day!

Reactions: 1 user
Really?
Did the same thing happen to you?

I haven't had to change an interview date.

I did interview there last year and I felt other schools were more accommodating. It just felt so "dallas," if you know what I mean.

I haven't had to change an interview date.

I did interview there last year and I felt other schools were more accommodating. It just felt so "dallas," if you know what I mean.

I don't lol but I appreciate the input!

Is Baylor changing their curriculum? or did I hear differently?

Does anyone know when OOS students might start hearing from these schools?

Hey guys I just finished summer classes. Do you think I should send out my transcripts again to TMDSAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Coronado, I just got my invite from Houston too! Good luck! (Saw you at Baylor)
We got different days for Houston though.

Aaz, you don't have to if your grades weren't great but it's a good idea. Definitely send it if it's a pre-req. I just took stats and Baylor said they really want me to send my transcript as soon as possible.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats y'all! Good luck in the interviews !

School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 8/21/15
Interview date: 9/8/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application received date/s: 7/20/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.79, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/18/18/30/no

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
So at interviews do y'all introduce yourself to each other by your name and SDN username? I feel like that's something everyone is doing haha

Hahaha. No, Longhorn, but you can recognize a lot of people's usernames if you know their real names!

seriously. I feel Baylor is so snobby, like the lady I talked to I even asked "I am stuck between a rock and a hard place in terms of that date. I already have an important prior commitment but I want this opportunity so bad. What should I do?" and she literally goes "okay I'll just remove you". like WTF!? it was so casual for her to just remove me. okay bye. I have other options and baylor is just pissing me off now.

edit: called in today to ask about my status and she goes "you will have to wait".... well no ****

What?? I believe that is Ms. Janet. She's usually very nice!

Is it sad that I'm sad that it's the weekend?

Feels like the schools have been relatively quiet this week. Seems like they've only schedule interviews till mid/end of September.

I wonder if they talk to each other about which students to interview so dates won't conflict. If that is even a thing.

I wonder if they talk to each other about which students to interview so dates won't conflict. If that is even a thing.
I believe that Houston interviews on Tuesdays, San Antonio are on Mondays, and Baylor are on Wednesdays and Fridays. This is how its been this year as well as the last several years!!

Reactions: 3 users
Yep! I just put everyone's invite and interview dates in excel from this thread and any Texas invites in the other thread. Yes, I have too much free time.

My findings on when schools send out invites:

Baylor: Any day of the week, m-f
Houston: Tuesday and Friday
San Antonio: Tuesday

Houston and San A both had a single outlier on Wednesday.

@right_meow is correct about the interview days.

And for more fun, the average stats of SDN members who have received invites to a Texas school.
sGPA : 3.76
oGPA : 3.78
AA : 22.8
TS : 22.6

Last edited:
Or do you mean people who have gotten invites thus far?
Sorry, yes those are the average stats for those that have received invites.

EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited:
Yep! I just put everyone's invite and interview dates in excel from this thread and any Texas invites in the other thread. Yes, I have too much free time.

Baylor: Any day of the week

And for more fun, the average stats of SDN members who have received invites to a Texas school.

You are a wonderful person!

Baylor: Any day of the week, m-f

Well thank God those are just the SDN averages lol

Never mind. Got my question answered in a message, I had nothing to worry about. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey SDNers I have an unusual question. I just finished my interview at Houston yesterday and am worried I may have made a mistake.

Just some quick context, my car battery was dying on the way to my interview and I just barely parked before it died out completely (so very thankful I made it). After rolling down my window for the parking ticket I didn't even have enough battery to roll my window back up. About 15 minutes into the visit it starts pouring so the rest of the day I'm worried my interior is drowning because I never got my window up.

So here is my concern... I'm a second time applicant and last year our visit ended after we tried on our white coats for sizing. This year we got to that point, I tried on my white coat, shook hands and thanked Dr. Pierpont and Dr. Galindo for the invite, and then left assuming that it was the same as last year. I was so antsy to get back to my car and check on it that in hindsight I don't even remember being dismissed, so I'm not sure if I accidentally left early. :dead:

Can anyone who has attended the UTSD interview this year say if there was anything after trying on white coats, or was I fine to leave when I did? Wondering if I might need to send an apology email.

I think you were safe to leave after trying on the white coat.

._. I haven't heard anything from UT Houston or UTSA yet... Is it common to be invited to one Texas school for interviews but not the other two? I'm getting antsy...

#iSoSad.

._. I haven't heard anything from UT Houston or UTSA yet... Is it common to be invited to one Texas school for interviews but not the other two? I'm getting antsy...

#iSoSad.
There are 7 people on SDN, including my wife, who only have a single Texas invite. 5 of those are to Baylor.

If that makes you feel any better haha.

I was in the same boat, then got Houston and SA significantly later. Good luck :)
This is true, looks like you got them a month+ later. Yes, this is a little creepy. I have all yalls stats!

:D

I was invited to Baylor over a month ago. UTHSCSA and Houston are silent. My friend interviewed at both Houston and Baylor first round, but no invite from SA.

I was invited to Baylor over a month ago. UTHSCSA and Houston are silent. My friend interviewed at both Houston and Baylor first round, but no invite from SA.
When (have?) do you interview at Baylor?

You haven't posted your invites, messing up my statistics!