***TMDSAS 2016***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
School: UTHSC- San Antonio
Notification date: Today ( Sept. 4th)
Interview date: September 28th
Method of notification:e-mail
TMDSAS mail-out date: 8/20/15
Application received date/s: 8/24/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): Overall: 3.42 BCPM: 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 21/TS 23/PAT 21/RC 20/ nothing below a 17

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Im very late to the application, application was mailed 9 days ago ! hoping for some post dec interview!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
UTHSCSA. Our interviews started late this year because there was still a lot to figure out with the new clinic.
Bella, in your opinion , would I have a chance for a post dec interview if I applied late? I got the notification from UTHSCSA on Aug 28th.

Bella, in your opinion , would I have a chance for a post dec interview if I applied late? I got the notification from UTHSCSA on Aug 28th.

I think you definitely have a chance! I also know a lot of people who had a post dec interview that got in. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Are we supposed to get a confirmation from San Antonio? I got an interview invite, replied to the email confirming the interview date, but didn't receive a reply email like I did with Baylor. Does San Antonio not send emails to confirm that they received your confirmation? haha this sounds ridiculous now that I say it, but yeah... Baylor did it, so just wondering.

Are we supposed to get a confirmation from San Antonio? I got an interview invite, replied to the email confirming the interview date, but didn't receive a reply email like I did with Baylor. Does San Antonio not send emails to confirm that they received your confirmation? haha this sounds ridiculous now that I say it, but yeah... Baylor did it, so just wondering.
Yes, I received a confirmation after I confirmed my interview with them. I got mine the day after I confirmed.

Reactions: 1 user
School: UTSD- Houston
Notification date: Today ( Sept. 8th)
Interview date: September 22th
TMDSAS mail-out date: 8/28/15
Application received date/s: 8/31/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): Overall: 3.92 BCPM: 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20/TS 20/PAT 19/RC 18/ nothing below a 17

So excited :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard from UTSD today! YESSSSS SO PUMPED

School: UTSD
Notification date: 9/8/15
Interview date: 9/22/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 7/23/15
Application received date/s: 7/29/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.71, 3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/26/23/no

Last edited:
Ahh congrats!

Nothing here, but she's got her Baylor interview in the morning.

School: UTSD- Houston
Notification date: Today ( Sept. 8th)
Interview date: September 22th
TMDSAS mail-out date: 8/28/15
Application received date/s: 8/31/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): Overall: 3.92 BCPM: 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20/TS 20/PAT 19/RC 18/ nothing below a 17

So excited :D

Are your mail out / received dates correct? Seems like 07/28 and 07/31 would be more reasonable... otherwise, props on the ridiculously fast invite!

Are your mail out / received dates correct? Seems like 07/28 and 07/31 would be more reasonable... otherwise, props on the ridiculously fast invite!
Ya the dates are what I posted! It definitely was ridiculously fast LOL!! thank you..

I submitted 8/10 but haven't heard back from any schools yet...should I be worried? :(

Ya the dates are what I posted! It definitely was ridiculously fast LOL!! thank you..

That's crazy! Congrats! Something must've really resonated with Houston adcoms.

Did you guys receive application acknowledgement from San Antonio as well? My application was transmitted on 8/28 but I haven't received anything from them... I ended up calling them today and the lady told me they don't send acknowledgements is that true?

Did you guys receive application acknowledgement from San Antonio as well? My application was transmitted on 8/28 but I haven't received anything from them... I ended up calling them today and the lady told me they don't send acknowledgements is that true?

I was sent a confirmation email from SA.

My wife received a confirmation email from all three schools, San Antonio was the latest of the three.

I received confirmation emails from all three schools. Baylor sent their email the same day that the application was transmitted by TMDSAS, San Antonio one week after that, and then Houston a couple days after San Antonio.

Hey guys, I just have a quick question.
My app is sent to school on 08/31 and then the next day Baylor said they recieved my app, but I heard nothing from Houston and SA. Is it normal?

Hey guys, I just have a quick question..
My app is sent to school on 08/31 and then the next day Baylor said they recieved my app, but I heard nothing from Houston and SA. Is it normal?

Yeah, Baylor received my app on 7/16, Houston on 7/20, SA on 7/28.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if yall have any insight on the interview cycle for San Antonio and Houston? I already got an invite for Baylor, but have yet to hear back from the other two schools. I got an email confirmation from San Antonio on July 13th and one from Houston on July 8th.

If it helps my Overall GPA: 3.74; Overall BCPM GPA: 3.69; DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 23/TS 23/PAT 22/RC 21/ nothing below a 17

Hey guys,

I was wondering if yall have any insight on the interview cycle for San Antonio and Houston? I already got an invite for Baylor, but have yet to hear back from the other two schools. I got an email confirmation from San Antonio on July 13th and one from Houston on July 8th.

If it helps my Overall GPA: 3.74; Overall BCPM GPA: 3.69; DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 23/TS 23/PAT 22/RC 21/ nothing below a 17

Yeah, I've only heard from Houston. :) no worries. Lots of people in your shoes.

Does anyone know the protocol if a family member/significant other is traveling with you and might want to do the tour at Baylor? Not sure if they check in with us, or we have to tell Ms. Pledger, etc. Does anyone have experience with this?

Does anyone know the protocol if a family member/significant other is traveling with you and might want to do the tour at Baylor? Not sure if they check in with us, or we have to tell Ms. Pledger, etc. Does anyone have experience with this?

If it is a tour, I don't see there will be a problem with that. Email Ms. Pledger that you will be bringing a family member on the tour.

If it is a tour, I don't see there will be a problem with that. Email Ms. Pledger that you will be bringing a family member on the tour.

nvm I just ended up calling them because why not. For anyone who has this question you just show up with them, they're basically included in the invitation.

First interview ever...and it's at Baylor! :hardy:still can't believe it!!! Ahhhh

Honestly, it's wierd, don't do it.

Last year during my interview, one person brought a family member and they looked very uncomfortable.

It's your day, do it like an adult, not someone who needs their hand held.

Last year during my interview, one person brought a family member and they looked very uncomfortable.

It's your day, do it like an adult, not someone who needs their hand held.

It's not that I need my hand held but a family member wants to come. They're supporting me through this financially so who am I to say don't come with me.

The invite makes it clear that they are OK with you bringing a family member or spouse. The wife and I originally planned to attend together, but decided against it at the last minute. She was there with 8 or 9 interviewee's I believe and 1 of them had his mother with him.

Dying for a Houston and/or SA invite right now.
:oldman:

tx y u do dis

I agree, I wouldn't do it either. Our pre health advisor did not recommend it either and you will probably be the only one that brought someone. No one in my group brought anyone and it really set up for you not your financial advisor. Besides they won't let you take anyone to San Antonio I don't see the big deal they give you the financial information and they said your always welcome to come back and visit. I would wait till your accepted and go back with your family and visit if you really want to bring your family.

I'm going with the group on this one. Prior to the interview we felt like it was a good idea, but when it came down to it it was just awkward.

Do you mind posting your stats and submission date and all that jazz? :)

School: Baylor
Notification date: 9/15/15
Interview date: 11/13/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS :eek: (I know...THIS is mainly why I was so shocked. I have ties to TX, though)
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/17/15
Application received date/s: 6/18/15, 6/22/15, 7/09/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.96, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/26/22/20/no

Are the interview dates available are only mid November and later now? Or is this just a case of an out of state student. Anyone wants to chyme in to let me know your interview date that got recently invited?

Update: wasn't weird. At least three other family members there out of the 10 that were interviewing. They cater to the family members as well.

Our pre health advisor did not recommend it either and you will probably be the only one that brought someone..

Verbatim from Ms. Pledger after introducing my family member: "we encourage family members to come, it makes for a better interviewing day and we like meeting parents"

So bring whoever, or not. Three other people brought a family member. And @PlasmaMembrane just because I'm capable of making my own decisions doesn't mean I can also make the decision for my family member. He wanted to come for the presentations and the tour, he was invited by the school, and he wanted to go.

Last edited:
Verbatim from Ms. Pledger after introducing my family member: "we encourage family members to come, it makes for a better interviewing day and we like meeting parents"

So bring whoever, or not. Three other people brought a family member. And @PlasmaMembrane just because I'm capable of making my own decisions doesn't mean I can also make the decision for my family member. He wanted to come for the presentations and the tour, he was invited by the school, and he wanted to go. End of story.

I'm pretty sure that's because "Asian helicopter parent" is nothing new to them and she didn't want you to feel weird about it. I just think it's hilarious you couldn't attend an interview by yourself.