*~*~*TMDSAS 2017*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You guys are cluttering up the thread with off-topic posts. There is literally an entire sub-forum dedicated to the DAT. Or you guys can PM each other. Try to stay on topic so that other applicants don't have to weed through this thread for TMDSAS info. Not trying to sound aggressive, just matter of fact.

I started it so it was my fault. My apologies!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I'd list that multiple times- quoted directly from TMDSAS:

"Dental/Medical Applicants: If you have activities that fit into more than one of the categories below, you should list the activity in each section. We recommend that you list activities in multiple sections if they meet the criteria in more than one category."
So in the description should we just note that aspect of that trip?

Members don't see this ad :)
So is anyone here actually done with their application?

Almost. Just need to re-read everything 99 more times since I'm a neurotic SDNer, and then I'll submit.

I also need to wait for my LoRs to come in....that'll happen in July.

How about you?

Almost. Just need to re-read everything 99 more times since I'm a neurotic SDNer, and then I'll submit.

I also need to wait for my LoRs to come in....that'll happen in July.

How about you?

Didn't I tell you that those types make the best dentist? lol

Somewhat.
I have a question. So I will be taking classes this Fall and after I entered in the courses I will take this Fall, I selected grade "Not yet reported" because I haven't taken it.

There's a question at the bottom of it that says, "Last time taken?"
Do I put yes or no? For some reason that isn't making sense to me lol

Man I forgot that. Thank you :D

I have a question. So I will be taking classes this Fall and after I entered in the courses I will take this Fall, I selected grade "Not yet reported" because I haven't taken it.

If it is your first time taking those courses, select "Yes."
From the TMDSAS Guide page 23,

"Last Time Taken

Last Time Taken is asking, “Was this the last time you took this course?” Most coursework will be answered as [Yes]. Courses repeated for additional credit, but not for a better grade, such as physical education, chorus, or thesis/research are not considered a repeat and should be answered [Yes]. "

Somewhat.

We were supposed to add those too? I just stopped at this recent spring semester and thought that you add them till later when you update them on your transcripts? i probably missed something

Man I forgot that. Thank you :D

If it is your first time taking those courses, select "Yes."
From the TMDSAS Guide page 23,

"Last Time Taken

Last Time Taken is asking, “Was this the last time you took this course?” Most coursework will be answered as [Yes]. Courses repeated for additional credit, but not for a better grade, such as physical education, chorus, or thesis/research are not considered a repeat and should be answered [Yes]. "

Haha that makes sense. Thanks brother!

We were supposed to add those too? I just stopped at this recent spring semester and thought that you add them till later when you update them on your transcripts? i probably missed something

Yeah, on the "planned future courses" there's a little note that says you gotta add the classes you plan on taking. Did you submit already?

Yeah, on the "planned future courses" there's a little note that says you gotta add the classes you plan on taking. Did you submit already?
Ohhhh nice i see it, thanks for the heads up! I was pretty close to submitting already and that wouldve been awkward lol

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure if yall mentioned this but should I submit my application without my transcripts. LoR, and committee letter?
I already gave the registrar my transcript form last week too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if yall mentioned this but should I submit my application without my transcripts. LoR, and committee letter?
I already gave the registrar my transcript form last week too.
I believe so. At least, that's what I'm doing with one of my 3 rec letters.

Apparently your transcript, recommendation letters, etc. will be processed as TMDSAS receives them.

Apparently your transcript, recommendation letters, etc. will be processed as TMDSAS receives them.

Oh God, that means I should submit my application today. :nailbiting::scared::boom:

Ah okay that makes sense.

So is anyone here actually done with their application?
Me. Finished two weeks ago.

Edit: I had been filling out a spreadsheet for weeks prior to the app opening, had people reviewing it with me etc. So I submitted everything two days after it opened.

Reactions: 3 users
Me. Finished two weeks ago.

Edit: I had been filling out a spreadsheet for weeks prior to the app opening, had people reviewing it with me etc. So I submitted everything two days after it opened.

Do you have all your LORs in too?

Do you have all your LORs in too?
Yeah. I graduated in April but had been asking for letters all semester. My university finishes a lot earlier than most so I was able to get all of my items submitted faster/sooner because profs were done with classes.

The ones I got to write for me were guys I'd been taking classes from for 3 years so they were able to pump it out pretty quick for me.

Yeah. I graduated in April but had been asking for letters all semester. My university finishes a lot earlier than most so I was able to get all of my items submitted faster/sooner because profs were done with classes.

The ones I got to write for me were guys I'd been taking classes from for 3 years so they were able to pump it out pretty quick for me.

Ah I see.

Yeah I'm not even sure if my dentist LOR is ready or if my committee letter is done... but I'm pretty much ready to submit lol

If I haven't decided yet if I'll apply to out of state schools, what should I put on TMDSAS?

Good Luck to everyone! If anyone has any questions about UTHSCSA or the interview process feel free to shoot me a message.

Reactions: 4 users
Should I wait for my unis writing center to open back up June 7 to get one last look at my essays or should I submit by May 31???

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Should I wait for my unis writing center to open back up June 7 to get one last look at my essays or should I submit by May 31???

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Wait

Question...
How does academic update work? After this coming fall semester, I'll be done with classes. Do I send TMDSAS my transcript again?

@JLT223 LF "Chill" potion; paying 100G.

Reactions: 2 users
How long did it take your guys' transcripts to show up as received on the TMDSAS website? My UG told me that they sent mine last Monday but apparently TMDSAS still hasn't received it yet.

How long did it take your guys' transcripts to show up as received on the TMDSAS website? My UG told me that they sent mine last Monday but apparently TMDSAS still hasn't received it yet.
Maybe they sent it by owl, so they haven't gotten there yet because the owls are not familiar with muggle world.

It's only been a week. Give it a few more days.

Reactions: 3 users

I haven't submitted my app yet. Can you see it if it hasnt been submitted?
2 of my 3 transcripts should be received by now though.

I haven't submitted my app yet. Can you see it if it hasnt been submitted?
2 of my 3 transcripts should be received by now though.
I haven't either. But if you click "Status" on the right side of the application portal, you can see whether TMDSAS received your transcripts, letters of rec, and DAT scores.

I haven't either. But if you click "Status" on the right side of the application portal, you can see whether TMDSAS received your transcripts, letters of rec, and DAT scores.

LOL I didn't even know you could click on that til now!
Thanks!

Just checked and they have received 2 of my 3 transcripts.
My last transcript was mailed out yesterday.

No LORs or Committee letter yet though.

In the same row as my health professions evaluation letter, there's an acronym of some sort called, "FICE". Do y'all know what that is?

So I had mine sent in the first week of may and it just barely showed up as processed yesterday.

Drove me nuts because I was sure my school hadn't actually sent it in.

The paranoia begins...

I transferred to another college. What should I enter for Degree Planned/Received for my 1st university? Should it just be none since I didnt finish my degree there?

Which OOS schools do y'all think is best to apply to if you're from Texas?
We love Texas not only because its the best country in the state, but the schools are uber cheap compared to elsewhere! Plus theyre great schools!

I transferred to another college. What should I enter for Degree Planned/Received for my 1st university? Should it just be none since I didnt finish my degree there?

Should there be an option that says, "Transfer credits" or something like that?

dumb question but what falls under extracurricular activities? I feel like almost everything on my application could fit under that but that’s like me copying all the other sections and putting them under extracurricular activities. For example, would being a TA, peer mentor, and student ambassador fall under that category as well?

dumb question but what falls under extracurricular activities? I feel like almost everything on my application could fit under that but that’s like me copying all the other sections and putting them under extracurricular activities. For example, would being a TA, peer mentor, and student ambassador fall under that category as well?

Sounds like either ECs or leadership.
Good question! Someone should know.