*~*~*TMDSAS 2017*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, I just told my dentist that the letter must be on official letterhead, with a signature on the bottom

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure if this was answered yet but for those who are using a committee letter, what does FICE mean on your application?
Don't quote me entirely on this, but through my googling skill, I found that FICE stands for Federal Interagency Committee on Education, which is a numbered that assigned to each school. Kinda like a student ID, but for the school.

I don't remember input these number in my application, but after input the name of the school, it will generate automatically for you.
And now when I looked at application again, each school that I have entered have their own FICE code.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't quote me entirely on this, but through my googling skill, I found that FICE stands for Federal Interagency Committee on Education, which is a numbered that assigned to each school. Kinda like a student ID, but for the school.

I don't remember input these number in my application, but after input the name of the school, it will generates automatically for you.
And now when I looked at application again, each school that I have entered have their own FICE code.

Huh. Interesting.
Yeah, I have a number but they still haven't sent it lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Just texted my dentist and she definitely knew what to do! :)

For Chronology of Activities, did you guys keep the truncated 50 characters or did you edit your descriptions?

There's a short description (50 characters) for each of our activities. they only put the first 50 characters though so it's not complete. I'm not sure if it matters here or not since the individual sections have the full description

Wait, I thought it was 350 characters?

were you guys able to indent your essays on the app? it'll let me indent all the paragraphs except the first one so I'm not sure if I should indent at all or not

Members don't see this ad :)
That's odd isn't it? You get 300 characters but they only import the 50. Is there a reason for this? Lol
schools will still see the 300 for each section but in the chronology of activities section, we just get 50. I have no idea why it's like this lol

Reactions: 1 user
I searched around on SDN, and the consensus appears to be that you can leave the truncated version as it is (since schools will be looking at your full entries regardless).

I searched around on SDN, and the consensus appears to be that you can leave the truncated version as it is (since schools will be looking at your full entries regardless).
That makes sense. I just don't understand why they have this section anyway haha. Thank you!!

That makes sense. I just don't understand why they have this section anyway haha. Thank you!!
I don't get it either. I haven't submitted my app yet but I'm gonna leave the shortened version as it is and revise my essays instead lol

I cannot wait to be done with this app.

So I know this has been answered but I need peace of mind.
I am still missing my dentist letter (which she will submit tomorrow), my school's committee letter, and 1 of my 3 transcripts. Can I just submit the app?

I cannot wait to be done with this app.

So I know this has been answered but I need peace of mind.
I am still missing my dentist letter (which she will submit tomorrow), my school's committee letter, and 1 of my 3 transcripts. Can I just submit the app?
Yes you can! everything is processed separately. relax haha

There is an AADSAS online module/question thing on June 9th that two TX schools will be on. I am attending it to ask my last minute questions and then plan to submit that same day but I wanted to let everyone know in case you had questions that you wanted to ask admissions officers directly!

Reactions: 3 users
There is an AADSAS online module/question thing on June 9th that two TX schools will be on. I am attending it to ask my last minute questions and then plan to submit that same day but I wanted to let everyone know in case you had questions that you wanted to ask admissions officers directly!

Appreciate it!
I'll think of some besides "Can you please accept us?"

Very nice of you. Thank you.

I didnt think about this til now...but when y'all filled in all of your classes, did y'all order an official transcript and went off that one?
All I did was looked at my grade report which is the "unofficial transcript" and it had everything I needed.

I didnt think about this til now...but when y'all filled in all of your classes, did y'all order an official transcript and went off that one?
All I did was looked at my grade report which is the "unofficial transcript" and it had everything I needed.
I used the unofficial transcript to fill in my classes when the portal opened on May 1.

I ordered an official one after my spring grades came out, and it was the same as the unofficial.

Okay cool. When I 1st applied years ago, I did the same thing and everything was good. No complications for transcript verification.

Okay so... are we suppose to leave spaces in between paragraphs?

When I typed my PS, I left a space in between and it was all good. I had 4996 characters including those spaces.

However, when I entered my PS in TMDSAS, I ran out of room... like it cut off my last 4 letters.
I deleted the space in between paragraphs and now I have 4999...but there are no spaces in between paragraphs... am I good?

Okay so... are we suppose to leave spaces in between paragraphs?

When I typed my PS, I left a space in between and it was all good. I had 4996 characters including those spaces.

However, when I entered my PS in TMDSAS, I ran out of room... like it cut off my last 4 letters.
I deleted the space in between paragraphs and now I have 4999...but there are no spaces in between paragraphs... am I good?
Yeah it's fine.

Okay... so now everything is good. However, I pressed saved and now my character limit went over.:confused:

So I don't know how to explain to my dentist how to do an official letterhead and to sign it. I emailed interfolio before hand to check again before I sent it off and this is what they said:

"There is only the name of the dentistry typed with their slogan underneath. Also, the signature appears to be typed instead of actually signed."

How did yall tell your dentists how to do this?

So I don't know how to explain to my dentist how to do an official letterhead and to sign it. I emailed interfolio before hand to check again before I sent it off and this is what they said:

"There is only the name of the dentistry typed with their slogan underneath. Also, the signature appears to be typed instead of actually signed."

How did yall tell your dentists how to do this?
Just tell the dentist that they require the letterhead and signature. The dentist will know what to do

I'm so sorry. I dont know. Maybe ask the dentist to sign it again? I didnt use Interfolio so I dont know much abou it.

It's okay.
I don't think it's Interfolios fault rather it's TMDSAS telling me they can't accept it. I didn't have a problem 3 years ago with amother dentist or science professors so this is new to me.

I did already. This was my second time after Tmdsas rejected it last week. :/

You'll just have to be more specific. Tell her that she needs to print it out on official practice letterhead, then sign it with a pen like she signs prescriptions, and then scan it in and upload the scanned copy to interfolio. The receptionist usually knows how to scan in documents, if the dentist doesn't know how to do it. You might want to show her an example of a letter of recommendation with letterhead and a signature if she still isn't sure what you mean. Just communicate.

You'll just have to be more specific. Tell her that she needs to print it out on official practice letterhead, then sign it with a pen like she signs prescriptions, and then scan it in and upload the scanned copy to interfolio. The receptionist usually knows how to scan in documents, if the dentist doesn't know how to do it. You might want to show her an example of a letter of recommendation with letterhead and a signature if she still isn't sure what you mean. Just communicate.
+1

The official letterhead usually has more than just the name and logo of the dental practice.

I think mine had contact information, address, etc. at the bottom as part of the letterhead, from what my dentist told me