Touro College of Dental Medicine - New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WHOA

conflicting accounts !!!

SHARE your stats to analyze !!!

papapplease
TS: 22 AA: 20
GPA: 3.4
That extra paragraph definitely gave me a lot of hope...

Members don't see this ad.

Wanted to confirm that I received an acceptance on 4/20 at 1pm. In the accreditation email, I received the extra paragraph. However, I'm going to be turning down the seat so best of luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They could be sending out the results by alphabetical order not necessarily by the decisions or interview date, perhaps?

Reactions: 1 user
They could be sending out the results by alphabetical order not necessarily by the decisions or interview date, perhaps?
That's a good way of looking at it... Because I was thinking that they have started from the first day of interviews and there are so many ppl accepted who interviewed late in March.

I interviewed pretty late and was one of the first few to receive the email, so it's probably not by interview date..
It could be by last name, or however it was organized on their stack ! We could only guess.

I interviewed pretty late and was one of the first few to receive the email, so it's probably not by interview date..
It could be by last name, or however it was organized on their stack ! We could only guess.
I am just hoping it was not the only day for sending out acceptances (as someone mentioned in the thread).

I am just hoping it was not the only day for sending out acceptances (as someone mentioned in the thread).

I think that member was purely just guessing.
One other member talked to the adcom on the phone and I think he said they will be sending out acceptances throughout the week. It doesn't seem like enough people have been accepted for them to be done already. On this thread alone, only about 5~6 or 10 at the most have been accepted. That just can't be right. there are 110 seats available, I am thinking they haven't even sent out half the acceptances yet seeing how quiet it is here on SDN.

Hang in there!

Reactions: 2 users
those who were accepted, are you guys from NY or OUT OF STATE?

Accepted yesterday. Called today to confirm. And as 1passbbsSHAVE said, my AADSAS updated to offer made some time today.

sGPA 3.7 / cGPA 3.7

AA 22 / PAT 21

OOS (CA residency)

Last edited:
Accepted yesterday. Called today to confirm. And as 1passbbsSHAVE said, my AADSAS updated to offer made some time today.

sGPA 3.7 / cGPA 3.7

AA 22 / PAT 21

OOS (CA residency)

congrats!

I am OOS as well. I am from Virginia.

They could be saving NYers for last .. .

Come on TOURO .. . .

Members don't see this ad :)
DIVERSITY is good, but i want in !!!

waaa-waaa-waaaa
(please add crying emoji here)

Hey guys. For those students who didn't get accepted yesterday, did anyone hear anything back today? I'm checking my email every 5 minutes, just want to know if anyone has heard from them today

I think , jewish holidays is in the air, so we might not see any action till monday!

Hey guys. For those students who didn't get accepted yesterday, did anyone hear anything back today? I'm checking my email every 5 minutes, just want to know if anyone has .

Nothing yet. Start to worry :(

Guys don't jump to conclusions. I spoke on the phone with them yesterday and there's still more acceptances to be sent out. I called the office today and no one picked up so I think they are closed for Passover. It's too soon to start worrying. Instead go and enjoy the weather, worrying won't get you accepted.

rarr

ROAR

:vamp::vulcan::droid::hurting::alien:

waiting is scary

woo-ooo-ooo

Im pretty sure they sent out all acceptance yesterday. Now is waiting for people who gave up their spots.

Im pretty sure they sent out all acceptance yesterday. Now is waiting for people who gave up their spots.
What makes you say that? People called and they said they would send out more within the next few days. Everyone just needs to hang tight.

Yeah stay positive guys. I called yesterday and they told me that there will be more than one day of acceptances. I'm almost certain that there are still spots left.

What youre saying is your opinion. I called them yesterday and they specifically told me that more acceptances will be sent out

Based on what did u come up with this conclusion!?
Stop making people more worried, we have enough stress already :bored:.[/QUOTE]

It's not middle of interview anymore and they had enough time to rank people. when ppl gave up their spot, that is when they are going to send out acceptance.

Let me tell it to you straight. It's impossoble to send 110 acceptances in one day. Don't get ur pants all jittered. Relax mates. They told me in my interviews they are sending out multiple waves of acceptances. Relax mates and watch the NBA finals. I don't want to come on here again and see you guys worrying.

Reactions: 3 users
Let me tell it to you straight. It's impossoble to send 110 acceptances in one day. Don't get ur pants all jittered. Relax mates. They told me in my interviews they are sending out multiple waves of acceptances. Relax mates and watch the NBA finals. I don't want to come on here again and see you guys worrying.
???
It's pretty easy to send 110 acceptances in a day, schools do it all the time.
Open an Email. in the "to" field make sure there are 110 emails there, and push send.

Likely the acceptances after this point will be to fill the spots that people decide not to take.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm sorry to disappoint many of you guys here but I just called the office and Sam confirmed that they have sent out all 110 acceptances. They are waiting to hear back from people to see who is not taking the seat and contact others after.
p.s. They are not closed for Passover

I'm calling and no one is picking up. Can you post the number you called

Exactly. There is no point of sending acceptances in different period of time lol.

Exactly. There is no point of sending acceptances in different period of time lol.

makes sense.... they are pressed by time

I called the number on my email -> nobody picked up -> left a voicemail -> they called me back

you are so wrong. . . SOCCER MOMMY just proved you wrong . . . I am not your friend . .. .waaa-waaa-waaa

I'm just curious, did they say when rejections would be sent? There are obviously people they interviewed that they will not even consider for a waitlist spot. It's interesting to see how a new school operates.

Does anybody know for sure how many interviews were offered?

I'm just curious, did they say when rejections would be sent? There are obviously people they interviewed that they will not even consider for a waitlist spot. It's interesting to see how a new school operates.
I didn't ask but they said they will contact everyone within few days.

doesn't it seem hard to believe that all 110 seats were given out and we've only heard from 10 peop
Just called. All 110 been sent. Now it's wait lists

on the brightside, people who interviewed early (Jan Feb) could drop their seats if they heard from other schools.

But don't schools usually accept more than the # of seats? Like if they have 110, they only send out 110 acceptances initially?