Touro College of Dental Medicine - New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
doesn't it seem hard to believe that all 110 seats were given out and we've only heard from 10 peop

on the brightside, people who interviewed early (Jan Feb) could drop their seats if they heard from other schools.

When I went there, I was the only one who knew about sdn lol. If I got acceptance, I would not be here and waste my time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
doesn't it seem hard to believe that all 110 seats were given out and we've only heard from 10 peop

on the brightside, people who interviewed early (Jan Feb) could drop their seats if they heard from other schools.

Maybe it's indicative of the number of people that intend to accept? Hypotheticallu, if Touro was their top choice they'd be monitoring the forums more vigilantly, and we'd therefore see more posts. Just a thought.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I called they said they sent out their initial acceptances now depending on if ppl dont accept the offer, they will accept more.

I called they said they sent out their initial acceptances now depending on if ppl dont accept the offer, they will accept more.

They better !

geez... I hyped them up so much . . . and I also wrote them nice emails saying to them how much i want to attend there..

Right now, I am on the edge of my seat wondering who's information to trust. We can only find out within this coming week or 2.

To those accepted:

Did anyone get an email regarding information on the deposit yet? I only got the two initial acceptance emails and was wondering if there was any more that I might have missed/ did not receive. I tried calling the school right now, but their phones are closed for the day.

I'm on the west coast so it's barely 1:00 PM :p. I would have called earlier otherwise.

I love watching the panic. It's like December 1st all over again.

:laugh:

Reactions: 2 users

I remember that terrible day so many years ago. And getting an acceptance package thing in the mail and jumping up and down at the top of my parents driveway

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

They better !

geez... I hyped them up so much . . . and I also wrote them nice emails saying to them how much i want to attend there..
I know man it's so stressing and on top of that I got a jam packed schedule for the last two weeks of my semester! Talk about distractions lol

Panic happens when I see DJI is jumping down, but my computer is frozen. The currently feeling is like I see Dow downed for 500 points, and market has already been closed.:hungover:
LIKE TODAY, but not as much as 500points

I know man it's so stressing and on top of that I got a jam packed schedule for the last two weeks of my semester! Talk about distractions lol

Panic happens when I see DJI is jumping down, but my computer is frozen. The currently feeling is like I see Dow downed for 500 points, and market has already been closed.:hungover:

Im going through all of that ! this TOURO thing, Stocks are down today, I'm back almost to my averages ugh. . . And studying for a test today !

Members don't see this ad :)
To those accepted:

Did anyone get an email regarding information on the deposit yet? I only got the two initial acceptance emails and was wondering if there was any more that I might have missed/ did not receive. I tried calling the school right now, but their phones are closed for the day.

I'm on the west coast so it's barely 1:00 PM :p. I would have called earlier otherwise.

got a total of 5 emails. 2 of them were just saying that it will be sending 1) t&c 2) deposit link
It said that within a week or two, they will be sending out links so that we can pay the deposits.

Im going through all of that ! this TOURO thing, Stocks are down today, I'm back almost to my averages ugh. . . And studying for a test today !
LOL good luck man! I am currently studying for my physical chemistry II exam thats tomoro :S What exam do you have?

LOL good luck man! I am currently studying for my physical chemistry II exam thats tomoro :S What exam do you have?

I am in a DH program..... taking Periodontics exam today

Scale everything!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

lol

its the lecture exam... Multi choice exam ... .25-30Q's

Can you help me scale, my Jazmin?

Hands on, to learn all the right positioning?

for you know,.... calc removal

I don't have an exam but I do have a full ride scholarship on the line (4-year HPSP). If Touro doesn't accept me I will lose it :((((( Talk about nerve wrecking.

anyone got accepted today? Could you share your stat?

It seems like everyone who got accepted had 3.7gpa and 21+ DAT. Assuming a lot of these people got accepted to multiple schools and will decline their acceptance.

It seems like everyone who got accepted had 3.7gpa and 21+ DAT. Assuming a lot of these people got accepted to multiple schools and will decline their acceptance.

but that would mean that more seats will open up eventually.

I don't have an exam but I do have a full ride scholarship on the line (4-year HPSP). If Touro doesn't accept me I will lose it :((((( Talk about nerve wrecking.
Aww bummer. I really hope you get into a dental school. You totally deserve it and best of luck in the upcoming weeks. :)

???
It's pretty easy to send 110 acceptances in a day, schools do it all the time.
Open an Email. in the "to" field make sure there are 110 emails there, and push send.

Likely the acceptances after this point will be to fill the spots that people decide not to take.
I like your tone.
We are gonna get along just fine. Sad that we don't end up at the same school.

I like your tone.
We are gonna get along just fine. Sad that we don't end up at the same school.
We can still be best friends! We can be pen pals or something. Do people still have those?

We can still be best friends! We can be pen pals or something. Do people still have those?
Yes we can! We shall do that. My hand-writing is majestic af. Just saying.

Did anyone who interviewed with Dr. Steinberg get accepted? That guy was rough...

is that the young guy who just graduated from columbia? I am just curious, I didn't have him. I interviewed with a nice young lady.

Good question Pinky,

I plan on taking over the world !!!!

I just talked with SAM.

She said next week we will start receiving more acceptances, and will begin the rejection waitlist process

So, I just spoke to Ms.Sam. She said accepted students will have about a week to respond, and they will send more acceptances afterward.

They dont even have the site up and ready to accept deposits... it's going to be sent sometime next week.

lol hope they can open an active twt account, and the adm office doesn't need to answer the same question many times. And we wont be panic about the uncertainty.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

So, I just spoke to Ms.Sam. She said accepted students will have about a week to respond, and they will send more acceptances afterward.
so there will be more acceptances? it's not automatic waitlist/rejections?

Im sure a bunch will turn it down so there will probably be a lot more acceptances

They already RANK all applicants. So probably ~100 applicants will be waitlisted and rest ~300 will be rejected.
After accepted students decline offer, rank #1 will take the spot and so on.

They already RANK all applicants. So probably ~100 applicants will be waitlisted and rest ~300 will be rejected.
After accepted students decline offer, rank #1 will take the spot and so on.

Who knows if they rank them or not. Adcoms dont admit doing it openly.

Draw out of a hat?

anybody started working on fafsa? I haven't done fafsa in a long time I forgot how!