Touro College of Dental Medicine - New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
now I feel like a total dumb for not having thought about this.
So, is it too late ? This one looks like it's for next year, since New york's deadline says june/2017...

I don't want to clutter up the thread, PM me if you have any idea!
Those are the dates for the 2016-2017 school year.

Members don't see this ad :)
bear with me, it's been a while since I did this for college.
So are we still good? Can I still file it? What code do we use?
So there are three deadlines: federal, state, and university. Touro should give you their university deadline. MWU AZ is like June 30th or something like that.

I would go ahead and file to get it over with. It doesn't take long. As for the code, there should be a search on the website when you are filing to search for Touro. If it isn't there, ask Touros FA office on Monday.

So there are three deadlines: federal, state, and university. Touro should give you their university deadline. MWU AZ is like June 30th or something like that.

I would go ahead and file to get it over with. It doesn't take long. As for the code, there should be a search on the website when you are filing to search for Touro. If it isn't there, ask Touros FA office on Monday.

Thanks. I kind of freaked out after reading that it was due in march.....

Thanks. I kind of freaked out after reading that it was due in march.....
It's possible that a certain school had a deadline of March, but I'm sure Touro wouldn't because they didn't even send out acceptances until April.

I love watching the panic. It's like December 1st all over again.

:laugh:
That day was like the cornucopia in the hunger games where everyone scrambles and everything just goes to anarchy in a split second

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
That day was like the cornucopia in the hunger games where everyone scrambles and everything just goes to anarchy in a split second

lmao yess!

They already RANK all applicants. So probably ~100 applicants will be waitlisted and rest ~300 will be rejected.
After accepted students decline offer, rank #1 will take the spot and so on.

Did you hear this from the admission? or are you just basing this on how other school do theirs?

Some schools rank their applicants (especially for waitlist spots) and others don't. Who knows what Touro is doing.

Members don't see this ad :)
srry for making u nervous
I was just using my own exp. My state has fafsa due at mar. 1st

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

yeah man, you about gave me a heart attack and then some. I almost thought in my head "oh ****, my seat's going to someone else and I am gonna have to reapply or defer"
Hopefully that's not the case. I am gonna call the fin office on monday to find out.

Hey everyone, I interviewed on 4/11 and got my acceptance on 4/20. Does anyone else that got accepted know the living situation?? Sam had told us that they are affiliated with apartments since dorms won't be built until our third year, did anyone else hear that? The surrounding areas are so expensive to rent in!!

yeah man, you about gave me a heart attack and then some. I almost thought in my head "oh ****, my seat's going to someone else and I am gonna have to reapply or defer"
Hopefully that's not the case. I am gonna call the fin office on monday to find out.
Srry about this again. I didnt mean to scare you.
You should be fine, the school is going to try whatever they can to walk 1st class out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

Hey everyone, I interviewed on 4/11 and got my acceptance on 4/20. Does anyone else that got accepted know the living situation?? Sam had told us that they are affiliated with apartments since dorms won't be built until our third year, did anyone else hear that? The surrounding areas are so expensive to rent in!!
That's Westchester for ya

Congrats!
Can you share your stat? If you don't mind?

wondering the same thing. Since I am moving out of state and going to be new to the area, I wonder what is the ideal time frame to go out (if possible) to go look at it and actually move in. Maybe 2 weeks before school starts? a month before? Any ideas? past experiences?

wondering the same thing. Since I am moving out of state and going to be new to the area, I wonder what is the ideal time frame to go out (if possible) to go look at it and actually move in. Maybe 2 weeks before school starts? a month before? Any ideas? past experiences?
Start looking ASAP if you've committed.

I posted a list of nearby towns. Just know that there are not many large apartment buildings in the area of the school, and the few that exist are not cheap. You'd probably have better luck at a smaller complex or renting a house or part of a house

Guys it's easy just say your an undergrad and live on campus housing it's the cheapest option

Congrats!
Can you share your stat? If you don't mind?
Thank you! I have my bachelor's degree in dental hygiene and my stats were:
18AA 19AS 19PAT
Overall GPA 3.87 Science GPA 3.78

I currently live on long island which is about an hour and a half away from the school, I am going to look at a couple of apartments tomorrow! It seems like there aren't that many options that are reasonable haha. I am also going to call on Monday and find out about housing. They definitely told me apartments would be available if we do not live in the area. Where will you be coming from?

I currently live on long island which is about an hour and a half away from the school, I am going to look at a couple of apartments tomorrow! It seems like there aren't that many options that are reasonable haha. I am also going to call on Monday and find out about housing. They definitely told me apartments would be available if we do not live in the area. Where will you be coming from?

I am coming from virginia. If you find a decent place for a family of 2 or 3, holler at me!! I don't even know where to start.
I started with craiglist, but not much luck.

How much are we looking at for a 2bd apartment that's within 15~20 minute away?

BTW, your GPA's great. I wish I had enough discipline to keep my GPA up that high.

I am coming from virginia. If you find a decent place for a family of 2 or 3, holler at me!! I don't even know where to start.

BTW, your GPA's great. I wish I had enough discipline to keep my GPA up that high.

Use craigslist

NYC has a very active Craigslist, Everything moves here, literally !!!!

Than
Thank you! I have my bachelor's degree in dental hygiene and my stats were:
18AA 19AS 19PAT
Overall GPA 3.87 Science GPA 3.78
Thanks for sharing.
Mine is similar to yours, had interviewed 13th. Still no emails :(
I guess your major also helps a lot, since it's dental related. Congrats again!

Than

Thanks for sharing.
Mine is similar to yours, had interviewed 13th. Still no emails :(
I guess your major also helps a lot, since it's dental related. Congrats again!
AA18 SC19 PAT23
Post GPA 3.7

Thank you! I've been looking on Zillow in all the surrounding areas and everything within 15-20 minutes can be anywhere from 1500-2500 depending on how nice you wanna live haha I'm going to call the school tomorrow and get some more info on housing.

I'm apprehensive about the program. Not even considering the mixed history of other first year programs, at the interview, I heard from 2 different faculty members including my interviewer that if they were in our shoes, they wouldn't go to this school. That worries me because it wasn't a generalized statement considering these are people who know what's going on behind the scenes.

It was just shocking to hear from people who should be doing all they can to reassure us students considering to attend their school

Any body can confirm this?

If u dont like touro, u dont have to make an account just to make a comment

I cannot confirm someone who just made an account and talk BS. Just ignore these people
I agree

I'm apprehensive about the program. Not even considering the mixed history of other first year programs, at the interview, I heard from 2 different faculty members including my interviewer that if they were in our shoes, they wouldn't go to this school. That worries me because it wasn't a generalized statement considering these are people who know what's going on behind the scenes.

It was just shocking to hear from people who should be doing all they can to reassure us students considering to attend their school

I really doubt that he said it. If he had said something like "inaugural classes are usually met with various challenges, but eventually kinks will be ironed out" or something of that nature, I'd understand and take it as genuine concern. If what you said is true, they really have no business being there. We are all going there to learn and further our education. We don't need that kind of negativity.

just curious, did you ask why? or did you not?

Reactions: 1 users
To anyone who's already received the acceptance packet, can you shed some light on important dates and highlights (first day of school/housing info)? Much appreciated. :^)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Any body can confirm this?

Yes I can confirm hearing similar talk. It was certainly strange but my overall impression was still positive and I was impressed by everything else I heard.

Don't listen to this BS. This guy or gal is a true gunner LOL. There is a few of these in dental school so watch out guys. I had a classmate who sent out an old exam to the whole class with incorrect answers. They are true fxxkers.

Don't listen to this BS. This guy or gal is a true gunner LOL. There is a few of these in dental school so watch out guys. I had a classmate who sent out an old exam to the whole class with incorrect answers. They are true fxxkers.

gunners can be helpful sometimes. Distributing wrong information is a sabotage and that's different from being a gunner.

WOW.

Yup. Happens all the time. It's pathetic.

We need to have hundreds of dental schools built so its easier for us to get accepted. All dental schools are the same. People are just angry that they didn't apply to Touro and they didn't get accepted any where else

We need to have hundreds of dental schools built so its easier for us to get accepted. All dental schools are the same. People are just angry that they didn't apply to Touro and they didn't get accepted any where else
Statement 1: True
Statement 2: False
Statement 3: False
33% accuracy. Good try!

Reactions: 5 users