Touro College of Dental Medicine - New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't get any email about being waitlisted so either it's gonna be a rejection or acceprances

Members don't see this ad.

I know a ton of you guys don't want to possibly wait another year, but now is the time to prepare that application and make it the best it can be. Don't look at the waitlist and see it as the end of the road. The new cycle opens in almost 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
I wasn't in the first, second, or even the wait list wave... Just wondering what that extra paragraph was all about....Just to make this process more difficult I guess...:(
I didn't get any email about being waitlisted so either it's gonna be a rejection or acceprances
Same here. I had that extra paragraph and I even sent them an updated transcript...

Members don't see this ad :)
We'll just have to wait for the 3rd wave to be over I guess. At this point, I'll assume that the waitlisted people are the 4th wave if anyone from the 3rd one dropped
That could be true. However, there was no 3rd wave of acceptances, and there were a few ppl who dropped their seats (from the second wave). That being said, I am wondering why they did not offer those seats to some ppl right away...

To those who didn't get any message today, well if you're optimistic, they said they're gonna send out "a couple more acceptances." So maybe you're one of those lucky fews

I called Sam again (she must be sick of my voice lol) and she said they're done sending notifications for today (apparently they sent out a small number of acceptances as well) and the rest of us who haven't heard should expect to hear early next week, with a mixture of acceptances, waitlists and rejections. My heart can't handle this anymore..

I called Sam again (she must be sick of my voice lol) and she said they're done sending notifications for today (apparently they sent out a small number of acceptances as well) and the rest of us who haven't heard should expect to hear early next week, with a mixture of acceptances, waitlists and rejections. My heart can't handle this anymore..
cause of death: heart failure...
I literally had a dream about a rej email from Touro… the wake up saw the posts from ur guys…I havnt got anything this morning…this is torturing

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted 9 am

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
People who have not heard back at all, are you all non US residence?

If you didnt hear it means they are still considering you. If you are on the waitlist it's over for you but be happy you didn't get waitlisted

If you didnt hear it means they are still considering you. If you are on the waitlist it's over for you but be happy you didn't get waitlisted
your comments are so extreme lol

Reactions: 2 users
21PAT 21TS 20AA 22RC 3.5 overall 3.2 science

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Please keep your class and manner as a future dr or dentist. Thank you.

gonna call the office…hope they pick it up…Ima collecting questions, anyone?

congrats to who got in. Hang in there guys, some more seat could possibly open up in a week when the deposit is due.
This is a torture I know. I've been through it two years in a row..

gonna call the office…hope they pick it up…Ima collecting questions, anyone?

Can you also ask them if there is going to be another round of acceptances early next week, or it is just based on the feedback from this 3rd round. Thanks so much! And just a reminder that you're not alone...:)

And the waiting game goes on....

One of my co-worker joked that I should hire some hitmen to take out the competitions lol :naughty:

I wonder if the WL is ranked or they're just a list of "students we think we might be able to tolerate for 4+ years so let's not throw them under a bus yet"
I'd imagined even if it's ranked, I doubt Touro will tell you the numbers. At this point, let's just hope that you're one of the lucky ones.

Congrats to those who got in, I wish I can be in your shoes right now, haha

Can you also ask them if there is going to be another round of acceptances early next week, or it is just based on the feedback from this 3rd round. Thanks so much! And just a reminder that you're not alone...:)

it is definitely going to be based on what they hear from students who got in this week. There's no open seat now, so like the 2nd wave, 3rd and 4th will depend on whether students pay the deposit or not.

And the waiting game goes on....

One of my co-worker joked that I should hire some hitmen to take out the competitions lol :naughty:

I wonder if the WL is ranked or they're just a list of "students we think we might be able to tolerate for 4+ years so let's not throw them under a bus yet"
I'd imagined even if it's ranked, I doubt Touro will tell you the numbers. At this point, let's just hope that you're one of the lucky ones.

Congrats to those who got in, I wish I can be in your shoes right now, haha
There is a question that's killing me: If I'm not qualified for 3 waves of acceptances in a row, and I'm not wait listed, nor rejected yet... And the class is almost full, what's going on!? I think it would have been logical to have wait listed the rest of us...and then accept us based on the feedbacks from those who got accepted.
Sorry if I confused you!

There is a question that's killing me: If I'm not qualified for 3 waves of acceptances in a row, and I'm not wait listed, nor rejected yet... And the class is almost full, what's going on!? I think it would have been logical to have wait listed the rest of us...and then accept us based on the feedbacks from those who got accepted.
Sorry if I confused you!
Thats gonna be my 1st question to ask… we r on the same boat

For WL, they also give us one week to response whether we wanna stay on WL or not. I really wanna know how many WL and acceptances they sent out this morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

it is definitely going to be based on what they hear from students who got in this week. There's no open seat now, so like the 2nd wave, 3rd and 4th will depend on whether students pay the deposit or not.

At this late in the cycle, the chance of someone dropping their seats seems really slim.

Pretty much all the other schools already sent out their "thank you for your interest" letters/emails.

At this late in the cycle, the chance of someone dropping their seats seems really slim.

Pretty much all the other schools already sent out their "thank you for your interest" letters/emails.

if someone who got acceptd already has an acceptance elsewhere, there's still a chance they will drop touro. hypothetical, but possible.

I am back~~
Q1: not hearing anything back.....wuts that mean?
A1: It doenst mean anything, just not finished yet....more news will be heared back early next week.
Q2: size of WL?
A1: dont know the number yet, depends on feedback
Q3: Ranked?
A3: No, board review... or things like that

Reactions: 5 users
I am back~~
Q1: not hearing anything back.....wuts that mean?
A1: It doenst mean anything, just not finished yet....more news will be heared back early next week.
Q2: size of WL?
A1: dont know the number yet, depends on feedback
Q3: Ranked?
A3: No, board review... or things like that

Now THAT is vague......

At the very least, the people who didn't hear anything back have a sliver of hope

Wait, so that means that for those who didn't hear back, their files are still under review? Makes me wonder why some took so long for them to make a decision

Does anybody know the FAFSA code for the school? Can't figure it out and I was told to do it even if you don't know if you've been accepted yet for the chance that you do get accepted you're prepared. Thanks guys!

Does anybody know the FAFSA code for the school? Can't figure it out and I was told to do it even if you don't know if you've been accepted yet for the chance that you do get accepted you're prepared. Thanks guys!

from financial aid lady over the phone.

I ma gonna try to give a fight at "last minute"....Hope it may help somehow...
Anyone think the posters presented during academic conferences can be considered as the "Academic Updates"?
Or it has to be in form of peer review articles in order to fall in this category?

I ma gonna try to give a fight at "last minute"....Hope it may help somehow...
Anyone think the posters presented during academic conferences can be considered as the "Academic Updates"?
Or it has to be in form of peer review articles in order to fall in this category?
Do you mean emailing them? Or through the AADSAS portal? If so good luck with that, I never even got a secondary update, they are so difficult to deal with.

Do you mean emailing them? Or through the AADSAS portal? If so good luck with that, I never even got a secondary update, they are so difficult to deal with.
I want to email the posters in pdf form directly to the ad office…and actually the aadsas portal is temp closed I remember

are you on wL or did you get in? Those are good stats!
Neithet, no news...I think it is because of my residency. Internationals require 200,000 deposit, which the admission committee may think 1 or 2 weeks are too short to prepare and make the deposit.