Touro College of Dental Medicine - New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It has to be tomorrow. They can't afford to wait any longer

Members don't see this ad.

you know what guys, i envy those who were rejected early.
now that i started to prepare for the new cycle, i feel like I wasted a lot of time with this waiting game.
I know it is part of the process, but.....ah:(.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I remember someone called them last week and he/she was told that the school is going to update everyone of their status early next week. So what happened? Did they just give us wrong information?

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember someone called them last week and he/she was told that the school is going to update everyone of their status early next week. So what happened? Did they just give us wrong information?
that is what I was told last week. I guess their process delayed again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

Not trying to be the bearer of bad news, but their class is nearly full and they are preparing for the new cycle, just like every other dental school. Anybody who hasn't heard back should really start preparing/strengthening their application for the new cycle. Probably not what you want to hear, but just being real with you guys.

Reactions: 3 users
Not trying to be the bearer of bad news, but their class is nearly full and they are preparing for the new cycle, just like every other dental school. Anybody who hasn't heard back should really start preparing/strengthening their application for the new cycle. Probably not what you want to hear, but just being real with you guys.
That's true... Sadly!

Finally heard from Sam..she said we probably won't hear back today, and she hopes she'll be in touch with everyone who hasn't heard at all by early next week (seems to be the new catch phrase). As for those who are on the waitlist, they'll be dipping into that as seats become available. They're still waiting to hear from those who have been offered seats--there's no specific deadline for everyone as they've been sending out a few at a time. They may or may not be sending out more acceptances. Not looking too good..and just a side note: whether or not all of this happens is not a guarantee. I'm simply a messenger. This is what I was told directly from Admissions, but as with any other process, things happen and plans often change. Best of luck to everyone:)

Reactions: 2 users
Those who have not heard back still have a chance but those on the waitlist have no chance so get used to it. Sorry to be bearer of bad news

Those who have not heard back still have a chance but those on the waitlist have no chance so get used to it. Sorry to be bearer of bad news
I haven't heard anything yet... and based on the previous post, those who are on the WL have a chance to hear back when a seat becomes available not the ones who haven't heard yet. Am I right?

I haven't heard anything yet... and based on the previous post, those who are on the WL have a chance to hear back when a seat becomes available not the ones who haven't heard yet. Am I right?
I don't think so. Here's how it is. Why wouldn't they put everyone on the waitlist and then choose from there. They probably put the people on the waitlist that they want the least and will pick form the people who have not heard anything yet. That makes the most sense

I don't think so. Here's how it is. Why wouldn't they put everyone on the waitlist and then choose from there. They probably put the people on the waitlist that they want the least and will pick form the people who have not heard anything yet. That makes the most sense
I hope that's the case because of my status, but I also hope the WL ppl hear good news soon!:)

I don't if this helps you guys out of not of anxiety but I was accepted at 12pm and will be attending the dental school! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't if this helps you guys out of not of anxiety but I was accepted at 12pm and will be attending the dental school! Good luck to everyone!
And your were not on the waitlist which proves my point that those who don't know their status still have a chance

Congrats! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

If they don't respond to those still waiting by next week, there will be extreme hell to pay

If they don't respond to those still waiting by next week, there will be extreme hell to pay
Not hearing a response isn't exactly uncommon. BU took ten months to reject me and temple took like 9. It's part of the process unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 users
Meh, I would take their promise to get back to us "early next week" with a grain of salt at this point. I'm not sure how their process works but it's been delayed a lot of time in the past, so it's not gonna be surprising if their "early next week" is next Friday, and the only thing they send out will be a "Our class is filled and the application has been closed - thank you for trying" email.

But at this time, I think if you're not accepted yet, it's best to just start preparing for your next application cycle, whether that's this year or a couple years after. Start getting into post-bac, do more community service, get a temporary job in the dental field, whatever. The chance of getting pulled out of the wait list or accepted this late in the cycle seems really, really slim. If you're one of the lucky ones like paliman101, congrats, you just hit the jackpot! But for the rest of us, it's best not to be too stressed out about this. Anxiety and emotions were sky-high last week and there were a few posts made that were.... shall we say... "inappropriate."

Meh, I would take their promise to get back to us "early next week" with a grain of salt at this point. I'm not sure how their process works but it's been delayed a lot of time in the past, so it's not gonna be surprising if their "early next week" is next Friday, and the only thing they send out will be a "Our class is filled and the application has been closed - thank you for trying" email.

But at this time, I think if you're not accepted yet, it's best to just start preparing for your next application cycle, whether that's this year or a couple years after. Start getting into post-bac, do more community service, get a temporary job in the dental field, whatever. The chance of getting pulled out of the wait list or accepted this late in the cycle seems really, really slim. If you're one of the lucky ones like paliman101, congrats, you just hit the jackpot! But for the rest of us, it's best not to be too stressed out about this. Anxiety and emotions were sky-high last week and there were a few posts made that were.... shall we say... "inappropriate."
If your on the waitlist you have close to zero chance. If you don't know your status you have a better chance

Persistence at its finest.

Subtlety did not work....

You do realize that those who mentioned inappropriate comments being made in this thread are referring to you, right?
Tell us, what kind of hell are they going to pay for not responding by next week?

Not hearing a response isn't exactly uncommon. BU took ten months to reject me and temple took like 9. It's part of the process unfortunately.

Lol I just got my email from BU a few days ago as well.
At this point I don't even know why they bothered. I wasn't exactly expecting to be invited for an interview in June.

You're absolutely right, but this happens when you don't get an interview with a school. Most schools usually update you with your status very soon once you have an interview...:) this is my personal experience though!

Accepted today at around 10:10am PST! Just in case you were wondering, this is my first time hearing back from them since my interview on Feb. 3rd with Dr. Steinberg. I also had that extra paragraph about being a strong candidate in that one email in March. This is my first acceptance, so I'm most likely taking their offer. Yay! :)

Stats: 20AA, 21PAT; 3.41 oGPA, 3.34 sGPA
CA resident

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted today at around 10:10am PST! Just in case you were wondering, this is my first time hearing back from them since my interview on Feb. 3rd with Dr. Steinberg. I also had that extra paragraph about being a strong candidate in that one email in March. This is my first acceptance, so I'm most likely taking their offer. Yay! :)

CA resident

sweeeet! Now you can sleep well at night.

By my calculations, there should only be around 10 people who don't know their status

How do you know that? Not everyone is on SDN...
It's my educated guess. Here is how I arrived at that number. They already rejected those they don't want and put the rest of those they kind of want on the waitlist and they've been only accepting from those who don't know their status. Plus it's very late in the cycle so they narrowed it down to only a handful of people.

It's not over until those who don't know their status get an answer
You do realize schools don't have to formally send rejection emails, right? Myself and many others still haven't heard from BU and/or LECOM since last July and their classes are 99% full. It's a courtesy, not required.

You do realize schools don't have to formally send rejection emails, right? Myself and many others still haven't heard from BU and/or LECOM since last July and their classes are 99% full. It's a courtesy, not required.
But for Touro they only accept form those who don't know their status

CA resident

Congratulations! I am, however, still in the waiting game. I interviewed late February and received the strong candidacy letter afterwards. Any luck @xhmi3?

To others still waiting, Sam replied to my message and said the class is close to full. They are waiting for the responses from students who they sent acceptance letters to to make their next move.

Congratulations! I am, however, still in the waiting game. I interviewed late February and received the strong candidacy letter afterwards. Any luck @xhmi3?

To others still waiting, Sam replied to my message and said the class is close to full. They are waiting for the responses from students who they sent acceptance letters to to make their next move.
If they are still waiting hopefully that means those students won't accepts their seat

Yeah, I just spoke with Sam. She told me the same. I asked for a percentage of how full the class is but she said they get the number from Touro each day so she doesn't have a precise one. She basically doesn't want to share that information. I'm still waiting, haven't lost hope, but definitely getting ready for next cycle. I can't even describe how much an acceptance would mean to me at this point. There's no arrangement of words..

Accepted today around 1PM today. I will be accepting my spot. I also received the email with the extra paragraph about being a strong candidate. My stats are 21AA (dont remember the specific scores). 3.5 sGPA/3.57 oGPA/3.83 Graduate GPA.

Accepted today around 1PM today. I will be accepting my spot. I also received the email with the extra paragraph about being a strong candidate. My stats are 21AA (dont remember the specific scores). 3.5 sGPA/3.57 oGPA/3.83 Graduate GPA.
Congratulations!!Were you placed on waitlist recently?

I didn't know my status, freddent is correct.
Thanks. I guess I might still have hope considering I havent received any update since interviewing. This does seem so backwards though. I would've thought waitlisters have the best chance at this time. If not then whats the point? Also it seems not that many people got actual rejections. I think Touro is playing it by ear and learning as they go on how to handle this first application cycle. Its confusing!

Either way I'm prepping my application for next cycle...

I haven't heard anything at all...still hopeful .....

I'm secretly hoping that all those who haven't heard will get accepted

Any updates, my friends? I'm on the edge of my seat..

I have yet to hear back from them as well, but at this point, this late in to the cycle and with the class close to max capacity, chances of getting in are very slim so Ive given up on it. I have no doubt that they will get back to everyone that has not heard back within this week since applications for the next cycle will open up next wednesday.

CA resident
Do you mind share the email who do you write to regarding to the extra paragraph?

Do you mind share the email who do you write to regarding to the extra paragraph?

he meant the email that he got that had extra paragraph compared to emails that other people got. It turned out that paragraph didn't carry too much weight as there were many people who got that extra paragraph and still didn't get in.