Touro COM - New York (TouroCOM-NY) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When the hair is properly coiffed, yes. Why?

Automatic disqualification for sperm banking is height less than 5'10" and (for the most part) red hair. There is no market for people who arent objectively tall or are red heads.

Members don't see this ad.

Automatic disqualification for sperm banking is height less than 5'10" and (for the most part) red hair. There is no market for people who arent objectively tall or are red heads.
I understand the height restriction, but red hair? I didn't know real life was like South Park.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there's a lot of movement on the waitlist? For the Harlem campus specifically?

I interviewed here back in November and was wait listed so I'm wondering how they determine who gets off the waitlist in these upcoming months

For the past 2 years, they pulled people off the waitlist based on MCAT scores. I believe people with 29 and higher were given priority. But things have changed in the admission committee, so who knows what'll happen this cycle..

Does anyone know who I could get in contact with about setting up an appointment to tour the Middletown campus?

Does anyone know if the acceptances/waitlists/rejections have come from the interviews that were conducted on March 26th? I'm just trying to gauge if I'm sitting here waiting for a rejection letter, or if I still have a shot of hope. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the acceptances/waitlists/rejections have come from the interviews that were conducted on March 26th? I'm just trying to gauge if I'm sitting here waiting for a rejection letter, or if I still have a shot of hope. Thanks!

+1...I interviewed on the 24th

II today! I didn't know they still send out II!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys I got pulled off the wait list last year for Harlem back in May so you still have a shot! Good luck!

Hey guys I got pulled off the wait list last year for Harlem back in May so you still have a shot! Good luck!

That is encouraging. Thank you. Hopefully this year is similar to last year's waitlist.

Anyone hear back from 3/26 interviews? Getting antsy over here...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted. 3/26 interview. sGPA/cGPA 3.3 MCAT 27(8/10/9).

ACCEPTED TO MIDDLETOWN TODAY! First acceptance third interview - loved the school and atmosphere (interviewed 03/26) Most likely will be attending here this fall! (CGPA 3.27, SGPA 3.17, 31 MCAT [12 PS, 12 BS, 7 VR]). This has been such an incredibly long process and at times have to admit I started losing hope but am so incredibly happy I pushed through. Gonna be doctor and can't wait to start. Best of luck to you all still waiting to hear back!
congrats!!

Waitlisted as well. 3.73 cGPA, 3.74 sGPA, 26 MCAT, interviewed 3/24. Only put down Harlem campus.

For those of you attending/planning to attend Touro-Harlem- What drew you to this school over others? What are the things that you like, and what are the things you dont like about the school?

Do you know how they contact you if you are pulled off the waitlist? From previous threads I've seen that they would make phone calls and if you don't answer you're out luck. Hopefully that's not the case this year since the admissions committee is different. When you were taken off the waitlist did they email you about it? Also, when did you interview?

Do you know how they contact you if you are pulled off the waitlist? From previous threads I've seen that they would make phone calls and if you don't answer you're out luck. Hopefully that's not the case this year since the admissions committee is different. When you were taken off the waitlist did they email you about it? Also, when did you interview?

Geez that's harsh. They should at least give someone 24hrs to reply. Who knows if they were at work during the time the adcom called.

Does anyone know how full the class is so far (either for Middletown or Harlem)? I have an interview end of this month, but not sure if we're just interviewing for waitlist this late in the game. Thanks :)

Does anyone know how full the class is so far (either for Middletown or Harlem)? I have an interview end of this month, but not sure if we're just interviewing for waitlist this late in the game. Thanks :)
I'm not sure how full the class is so far but I interviewed there on 4/7 and admin said they are still interviewing students to get straight in, not the waitlist. Hope it helps.

Anyone from 4/7 interview group heard anything back? They promised us to give us decision by today 2pm. Guess it has to be Monday now.

I'm not sure how full the class is so far but I interviewed there on 4/7 and admin said they are still interviewing students to get straight in, not the waitlist. Hope it helps.

Anyone from 4/7 interview group heard anything back? They promised us to give us decision by today 2pm. Guess it has to be Monday now.

Yes, that gives me a glimpse of hope! Thank you!

Harlem is full. Now, they want students for Middletown. If you want a better chance of going to this school, make sure you put Middletown as the, or an, option for you.

Harlem is full. Now, they want students for Middletown. If you want a better chance of going to this school, make sure you put Middletown as the, or an, option for you.

They said it's full?

From what I understood, yes, Harlem is full. He even said that people already accepted to Middletown who petition to switch to Harlem can't have their petitions looked at now because Harlem is full, and they would be put on a waitlist. So they're basically looking for people to fill up Middletown now.

Any other accepted students know when orientation will be this summer? Previous years show a trend of the last Monday of July. My guess is that it will be on July 28th, but the academic schedule isn't posted yet.

Thanks!

Any other accepted students know when orientation will be this summer? Previous years show a trend of the last Monday of July. My guess is that it will be on July 28th, but the academic schedule isn't posted yet.

Thanks!

Yea, July 28th - Thats wut I was told by Sean!

does anyone know if touro-ny offers housing for their students whether its for the masters program or med school. I saw the new middle town campus has dorms but im guessing that only for their medical class. thanks for the help

Has anyone from 4/7 group heard anything back yet? Aren't we supposed to have our decision by 11th? I've been trying to call the office but no one picked up.

We were supposed to hear that Friday before Passover started, but I'm guessing that the committee didn't meet in time for decisions. Not sure if anyone has actually been there since. Passover, however, ends today at sun down. Hopefully we'll hear something tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

We were supposed to hear that Friday before Passover started, but I'm guessing that the committee didn't meet in time for decisions. Not sure if anyone has actually been there since. Passover, however, ends today at sun down. Hopefully we'll hear something tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Academic calendar shows they are on spring break this entire week.

I just called Sean's extension, and I was told by someone named Cheryl that the committee will probably meet tomorrow. We should know their decision by the end of the week.

I just called Sean's extension, and I was told by someone named Cheryl that the committee will probably meet tomorrow. We should know their decision by the end of the week.
Wow thanks for the info!

Hey I'm an incoming student in this year's class at TouroCOM Harlem. I do not have a facebook, so I wanted to ask on SDN if anyone is interested in living with me for this year. I'm a 24 year old male from California, and ideally I'd like to find a single room in 2-3 bedroom apartment somewhere close to campus. I want to move in about a month before school starts, and I will be in New York looking for places starting in late June. Let me know if you're interested!

I was wondering, when did you interview last year? And do you know if they give different priority waitlists?

Accepted to Middletown today! Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Is the application process for Middletown and Harlem connected, or are they seperate applications? I'm confused by what i was reading..

Like, if you only want to go to Harlem, do you choose that as the location, but if you get waitlisted or rejected, are you offered middletown?

Is the application process for Middletown and Harlem connected, or are they seperate applications? I'm confused by what i was reading..

Like, if you only want to go to Harlem, do you choose that as the location, but if you get waitlisted or rejected, are you offered middletown?
The application for both Middletown and Harlem are one application, but there are options of choosing one campus, or both but with a preferred campus. The case you said, you can choose both campus and prefer Harlem. So if you get waitlisted or rejected from Harlem campus, you can still be considered for Middletown.

The application for both Middletown and Harlem are one application, but there are options of choosing one campus, or both but with a preferred campus. The case you said, you can choose both campus and prefer Harlem. So if you get waitlisted or rejected from Harlem campus, you can still be considered for Middletown.

I see, so obviously middletown is less desirable, if you were to put both campuses, and we're a weaker candidate, would they be more likely to just put you in middletown?

Is it allowable, if you only put harlem, and are rejected/waitlisted, and then say you want to be considered for middletown?

Got a II today. The available dates are May 05/07. Is there still spots for fall 2014? Or they just interview everyone as a backup?

Got a II today. The available dates are May 05/07. Is there still spots for fall 2014? Or they just interview everyone as a backup?

Based off what other people have been saying, it seems like Harlem is full at the moment and you would be interviewing for a wait-list spot, but Middletown may still have some seats available. If you don't care what campus you attend make sure to mark both Harlem and Middletown when you attend your interview day.

Also received an II today for May 5th and 7th. Flights are pretty pricey this close to the date which really, really, really blows.

Based off what other people have been saying, it seems like Harlem is full at the moment and you would be interviewing for a wait-list spot, but Middletown may still have some seats available. If you don't care what campus you attend make sure to mark both Harlem and Middletown when you attend your interview day.

Thank you. I don't have preferrence to the campus so either is good to me. I'll mark that during the interview.