Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We're kind of on the same boat. I got a 25 on the MCAT (8/7/10) with a 3.64cGPA and a 3.60sGPA but my interview isn't until late January. I wonder if someone got it with a ~25. I got into their MHS program, but I really really want to go straight to the DO program!

Anyone receive any acceptance with an MCAT in the mid 20s? I had my interview on Dec 10th and though the interview went well, I'm afraid my MCAT score would pull me in the waiting list/rejection. Thanks and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

My friend (currently an OMS II at TUNCOM) got in with a 3.4 cgpa and 22 MCAT. He was military though...

Anyone receive any acceptance with an MCAT in the mid 20s? I had my interview on Dec 10th and though the interview went well, I'm afraid my MCAT score would pull me in the waiting list/rejection. Thanks and good luck!
My friend (currently an OMS II at TUNCOM) got in with a 3.4 cgpa and 22 MCAT. He was military though...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Fingers crossed then for all of us!

We're kind of on the same boat. I got a 25 on the MCAT (8/7/10) with a 3.64cGPA and a 3.60sGPA but my interview isn't until late January. I wonder if someone got it with a ~25. I got into their MHS program, but I really really want to go straight to the DO program!

Idk if this is applicable but I knew someone who had a 25, got wait listed then got into the masters program instead of the do. Then they made him redo the mcat cause a 25 was considered too low. :/

Does anyone have recommendations on living? Apartments around the area seem nice. I'm interviewing in the morning and I'm just driving around looking at the area and checking apartments. Any advice on Remington Canyon, or others that may be near the school? I'm looking for cost vs. quality, safety and student populations for my wife and I to make friends with. Ready....go!

Does anyone have recommendations on living? Apartments around the area seem nice. I'm interviewing in the morning and I'm just driving around looking at the area and checking apartments. Any advice on Remington Canyon, or others that may be near the school? I'm looking for cost vs. quality, safety and student populations for my wife and I to make friends with. Ready....go!

Remington Canyon supposedly gives a 5% discount off rent for new students. When you arrive for your interview and they hand you your folder, included is a list of nearby apartment complexes (where many of the students live) and their contact information. Also the Q&A portion with the current students was super informative in terms of the types of living options available. Good luck with the interview!

Me, 26 MCAT.
3.45gpa, 3.89 Grad GPA
Lots of extracurriculars and leadership activities outweighed my less than exciting numbers :)

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! 3.50 sgpa, 3.61gpa, 28 MCAT. Interviewed 12/10!:clap:

Reactions: 6 users
Just got an interview invite and scheduled it for 2/23!

Accepted :). Touro University Nevada class of 2019!!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! I was curious if there was a list anywhere of TUNCOM's clinical rotation sites... I've looked and can't find anything recent. Thanks!

3.0cum gpa, 3.67science, 30mcat. I interviewed 740a-1p on 12/15. Tava said that the committee meets on the 19th and discusses with the dean on the 22nd for a decision by the 23rd. I could not get a feel for the interviewers, they both had poker faces on. I was asked a few questions that seemed to gauge my understanding of OMM and healthcare, they questioned me quite a bit about my academic record, why Touro, how I was going to pay for my loans as a medical missionary, whether medical missionaries can attract people who want to serve locally. The campus was as how people described, but I liked how intentional they were with Touro NV's program choices.

Hey all! I was curious if there was a list anywhere of TUNCOM's clinical rotation sites... I've looked and can't find anything recent. Thanks!

I don't know if this counts as a complete list, but we got a match list during the interview. I can PM you a copy if you don't have that/want it.

Withdrawing my acceptance here due to an acceptance at my home school. Hope it goes to one of you fine people! Best of luck to everyone!

What is the interview:acceptance ratio here?

Well, whenever/if I can get a hold of them I will be declining my interview invite. Hope it goes to someone who really needs it!

Hmm I got an email on Friday for an interview invite but was only able to call right now. No one seems to be at the admissions office. Are they closed this entire week? :(
In the email they said to contact them within a week so now I'm scared I'll miss that window.

Hmm I got an email on Friday for an interview invite but was only able to call right now. No one seems to be at the admissions office. Are they closed this entire week? :(
In the email they said to contact them within a week so now I'm scared I'll miss that window.
Did you get the number (702) 777-3090? I had the same issue. Try (702) 777-1750.

Me and many other ii recipients in the past on SDN had the same issue of no one answering (even if you leave a message). Since it is Christmas week, I would email the admissions office if you never get through to them. Do this within the one week you have, so that they really know you tried contacting them and won't throw away your ii next Monday when they come back (don't really know if the work on the 26th btw).

I was accepted into Touro's program=). Class of 2015.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!!! First acceptance of the cycle and I am thrilled about potentially attending this wonderful school!
3.37 cgpa, 3.2 sgpa, 30 MCAT :D

Reactions: 4 users
Would it be acceptable to bring an updated transcript to my interview? Semester just ended and my school's pretty slow with updating transcripts. If I have them send it to AACOMAS and wait for AACOMAS to send it the following week, wait for Touro to download it, it would take such a long time, maybe it won't even get there by the time the committee reviews my file post-interview. Should I just hand my transcript to my interviewer or perhaps someone in admissions on interview day?

Last edited:
I'll be canceling my interview here too. I got accepted at one of my top choice schools and I really couldn't justify this big (expensive) trip to Nevada. I hope my February slot goes to someone who gets in!

Uggh, waitlisted. I guess you can't win them all. Good luck to the rest of your interviewing!

Anybody looking for room mates for next year?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm bringing my wife and newborn along to Henderson, and we are looking for a house or townhome.

Accepted on the 22nd!!! OOS, 3.5 GPA, 31 MCAT, lots of clinical ECs.

I'm sooo excited! Anyone know if a facebook group has been started up?

II!!! scheduled for march 10 2015!!! 3.72 cum gpa 3.64 science and 26/25 MCAT (9P/9v/8b first time and 9P/8V/8B second time lol idk what happened) with a ton of ECs...hoping i get in here :D
that being said im seeing that most the acceptances had MCATS in the 30s so idk especially with my later interview date...that being said i just gotta be me and go kill this interview and hope for the best :p

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
3.43 sGPA and 3.3 cGPA with 27 MCAT (8 in PS 9 in V and 10 in BS). Do I have a shot of getting an II and acceptance here?

Depends man. It's late in the cycle and schools are being more competitive. Your #s, like mine (3.3cGPA, 3.4sGPA, 28), are pretty avg. I was accepted, but I have pretty awesome ECs and non-trad.

Unfortunately admissions are a crapshoot everywhere. If you want to go to TUN, you should apply.

Interviewing morning session on January 13th. I'm excited but nervous. This is my first medical school interview. Are any of you interviewees out there willing to share about the experience and exactly what questions I should be prepared to answer?

3.43 sGPA and 3.3 cGPA with 27 MCAT (8 in PS 9 in V and 10 in BS). Do I have a shot of getting an II and acceptance here?
I have similar stats as yours, interviewed in early October and was wait listed. I thought I really nailed the interview. It's a crapshoot I guess. Good luck to you!

Interviewing morning session on January 13th. I'm excited but nervous. This is my first medical school interview. Are any of you interviewees out there willing to share about the experience and exactly what questions I should be prepared to answer?

Go back to the beginning of the thread. Read.

Have an interview in January. What should I expect?

Have an interview in January. What should I expect?
Bruh.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Depends man. It's late in the cycle and schools are being more competitive. Your #s, like mine (3.3cGPA, 3.4sGPA, 28), are pretty avg. I was accepted, but I have pretty awesome ECs and non-trad.

Unfortunately admissions are a crapshoot everywhere. If you want to go to TUN, you should apply.

Hey Leopard,

Did you have a DO LOR as well? By "awesome" ECs can you pelase PM me and possibly clarify to see if mine are any similar? Please let me know :) Thanks!!

I have similar stats as yours, interviewed in early October and was wait listed. I thought I really nailed the interview. It's a crapshoot I guess. Good luck to you!

Sorry to hear that. :( I see that you have been accepted elsewhere so congrats on that! Would you mind PMing me and possibly breaking down the specifics on your app with me? Did you have a DO LOR? I would really appreciate it. Thanks and congrats once again!

I wouldn't get too disappointed yet about being waitisted - it is my understanding that there is quite a bit of movement on the list up until late June.

I wouldn't get too disappointed yet about being waitisted - it is my understanding that there is quite a bit of movement on the list up until late June.
Thank you that is good to hear! I just hope I can be so lucky and have the patience to wait that long :nailbiting:

for any interviewers out there which hotel would you recommend?

The Hamptonn Inn was really nice! Cheap, free breakfast, and free drinks in the evening.
Did they have shuttle service by chance? If rather not rent a car/take a taxi