Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this afternoon!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
When were you complete? Are you going to attend the interview?

Well I submitted back in August and I think I received an under review email in September. I got two more review emails this month.

I haven't decided about the interview. I do have a trip to Vegas planned so maybe if the dates work out...

Well I submitted back in August and I think I received and under review email in September. I got two more review emails this month.

I haven't decided about the interview. I do have a trip to Vegas planned so maybe if the dates work out...

Did you ever receive the "TUN: Status Update Email?" I was complete the end of September and am holding out for an interview. Must be a large stack of applications to sift through.

Did you ever receive the "TUN: Status Update Email?" I was complete the end of September and am holding out for an interview. Must be a large stack of applications to sift through.

Yes, I did. I actually got that email yesterday.

Yes, I did. I actually got that email yesterday.

I got that last week. I saw someone was put on pre-II hold so do you think they just haven't gotten to my file yet? IT sounds like I should hear something either way I'd think.

I got that last week. I saw someone was put on pre-II hold so do you think they just haven't gotten to my file yet? IT sounds like I should hear something either way I'd think.

I'm not sure. This process is crazy. Haha. But I agree, you will probably hear something soon.

Placed on interview waitlist. Anyone else here in the same boat?

ACCEPTED!!! Got the email like an hour ago, interviewed 10/12!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys was hoping to get some help here. I've already sent all of my recs to AACOMAS and have been verified. Trying to finish the secondary here and it's asking me to provide contact info for the letter providers to send them the letters? Is there any way to just funnel this through AACOMAS since AACOMAS already has all my letters?

II today! Excited to find out more about the school since I used Dr. Preddy's videos to help me with my undergraduate anatomy class

II today! Excited to find out more about the school since I used Dr. Preddy's videos to help me with my undergraduate anatomy class

Today? But it's night time.

Could've gotten the II email earlier today and he's just posting now.
Yup. I was in the lab until 830 and saw the email on the bus home

Ah duh. I thought you meant interview date for some reason not the date of receipt of the interview invite.

Anyway I had a question remember that? Would love it if you guys could answer. Do I just give them aacomas' contact info for the letter provider?

Ah duh. I thought you meant interview date for some reason not the date of receipt of the interview invite.

Anyway I had a question remember that? Would love it if you guys could answer. Do I just give them aacomas' contact info for the letter provider?
I don't remember doing this, but I also know that I didn't give any contact info from aacomas.
I believe I just wrote the authors' names. Again, fuzzy memory and not sure.

Withdrew a 12/7 interview the other day. Hope it goes to one of you!

peace n blessings

Reactions: 1 users
May I ask why?

If I get an interview I will be kissing your feet.
I was accepted to a program closer to home. Was thinking I would still go to check the school out, but then realized that it would take a lot to attract me away from the school I've been accepted to. Hate to waste an interview spot. Good luck!

I was accepted to a program closer to home. Was thinking I would still go to check the school out, but then realized that it would take a lot to attract me away from the school I've been accepted to. Hate to waste an interview spot. Good luck!

Ty. Begging for mercy for my lateness....

When you guys did your secondary, did you have everything in "essay/prose" form, or did you use bullets?

I think others did paragraph form. But I personally just said "see AACOMAS" since I'm 99% certain that part of the secondary is only there because it is a combined secondary between all Touro graduate schools and the undergraduate school(s?) as well. Some of those programs may not have an AS like aacomas to provide all that info - hence the question. But for our purposes it is definitely superfluous and unnecessary.

When were you complete and stats?
Still waiting to hear back
Sorry for the late reply lol. I was complete early September, OOS, 3.35 cGPA, 3.15 sGPA, 26 MCAT. I'm really hoping I still have a chance at this school. I've always wanted to live in Vegas. Has anyone here gotten an interview after being put on the interview waitlist?

Lol they have a WL for the interview? I thought you were supposed to get WL after the interview.

3700 apps for (likely) 270 acceptances. I actually expected more given the location.

My II said they interview approximately 500 people. Do you think you have a better than 50/50 chance with an II?

We were assuming they accept about twice the class size, but that could be wrong. It may be like 200-240 accepted. In any case, chances are pretty good.

And approximately 500 II's could actually be 450. Who knows! Do you think an end of December interview is late?

Heck if I know. I just got in my secondary a few days back!

Btw I dig your wishful thinking. Positive vibes...

Haha. It's better than thinking approximately 500 II's=600 II's

Reactions: 1 user
I don't feel like I've seen a ton of acceptances on this thread either.

take a look at last years thread, TUNCOM cycle goes well into april and you'll see more acceptance posts after the new year I'd assume.
Have you interviewed? And I really don't feel like I'm applying for a waitlist seat or anything! I'm really optimistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you interviewed? And I really don't feel like I'm applying for a waitlist seat or anything! I'm really optimistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I have, I'm waiting for an answer so I'm trying to stay hopeful.

Hoping to hear some good news this week since they told us we would hear at the latest by December 3rd. Interviewed on November 17th. Anyone hear anything yet from this interview group?

Hoping to hear some good news this week since they told us we would hear at the latest by December 3rd. Interviewed on November 17th. Anyone hear anything yet from this interview group?

Same here. Nothing yet, I'm sure we'll hear something by the end of the week though.

Is it just me or are osteopathic schools way faster in their decision making? idk it seems like a lot of people on the acceptance thread got responses from several schools within a week.

Same here. Nothing yet, I'm sure we'll hear something by the end of the week though.

I wouldn't get your hopes up unfortunately. I interviewed on Nov 2nd and no update regarding my application status. From the looks of the previous posts, the group before me (Oct 26th) have not been notified yet.

I wouldn't get your hopes up unfortunately. I interviewed on Nov 2nd and no update regarding my application status. From the looks of the previous posts, the group before me (Oct 26th) have not been notified yet.

Woah. :lame:

200_s.gif

Guys should I be creating a new account for the CA school secondary?

2 more days for us 10/26 interviewees!!