TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think we are thinking a little bit too hard into this whole MCAT issue. If there was an MCAT cutoff, it would have been clearly stated in fine print on the official website. The requirements on the manual are clearly stated. I spoke with Ms. Mercado months ago and she said the minimum MCAT accepted is a 19.
The fact that we received an interview invite speaks volumes; obviously they looked pass the MCAT score and saw other strengths that they considered were worth seeking to know more about you.
Remember that we applied to a Touro Masters program, not the College of Osteopathic Medicine.
3.5 GPA + professionalism + Pass on Comp final = Acceptance into their Medical School

i agree.

Members don't see this ad.

Just received my acceptance letter via email from Lisette! I can't believe it.. don't give up hope guys. I had such a poor MCAT score but I guess they saw past that and saw my strengths in other areas. If you are wondering --I was complete mid-January, interviewed March 11 and accepted today. PM me if you'd like any interview tips or for my stats if you are interested. Good luck to you all! :soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
i meant the matriculation into their DO program as a masters student the student would need numbers in that range. however I thought he may have been exagerrating the requirements or just didn't fully understand the requirements. since the catalog clearly says 3.5gpa that gpa + professionalism= acceptance into their med school

Members don't see this ad :)
You will not have to retake the MCAT once in the masters program to matriculate into the DO program even if you were accepted into the masters program with a less than 28 MCAT.

In order to matriculate into the DO program (from the masters program), you have to obtain a 3.5 GPA and pass the comprehensive exam. The comprehensive exam was made to override the need for the high MCAT score (that the master students lack).

In other words, if you get accepted into the masters program, get the 3.5 GPA, and pass the comprehensive exam you'll never have to take another MCAT, again.

Just received my acceptance letter via email from Lisette! I can't believe it.. don't give up hope guys. I had such a poor MCAT score but I guess they saw past that and saw my strengths in other areas. If you are wondering --I was complete mid-January, interviewed March 11 and accepted today. PM me if you'd like any interview tips or for my stats if you are interested. Good luck to you all! :soexcited:
Congrats!!! PM'ing you

Hi i am nervous about getting accepted into the masters, i had my interview. What was your mcat and gpa?

What was your mcat and gpa if you don't mind?

Wonderful! I received mines too! It was much quicker than I expected. Anyone with questions about the interview process, my stats.. etc can PM me as well.

Reactions: 1 user
i received my acceptance yesterday, but i was wondering if anyone heard about the difficulty of the comprehensive exam. anyone know anything about it? Thanks.

From what I've read -from past posts- its' definitely possible to pass, considering you work/study hard throughout the year. According to this year's calendar, they're on spring break before the test, so that time is heavily used to prepare. I'm talking to someone who's in the master's program now- I'll let you guys know what they share with me in terms of prep and difficulty.

Hey everyone I was just accepted into Touro's masters program. If anyone is looking for a roommate PM me. I'm looking forward to meeting our new classmates! :)

Wonderful! I received mines too! It was much quicker than I expected. Anyone with questions about the interview process, my stats.. etc can PM me as well.

Awesome congrats! Have you heard how many they are expecting to accept this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody,

Anthony78001 pmed me and I thought I'd give you guys some extra information. I am a current Master student at TouroCOM and I can give you guys an idea of how the program works.

Like the program profile says, there is a minimun 3.5gpa and passing of the Comprehensive Exam to gain admission into the following year D.O. class. My class started at ~75 students being admitted. A few of my friends did not get accepted until late June of last year so the interview cycle did go farther into the summer. We all live all over the place...some commute from Connecticut, New Jersey and many of us live all over the 5 boroughs of NYC. The program is HIGHLY competitive. Everyone works extremely hard to keep up with others, no matter how smart they are. This program is a really good opportunity to prove that you can make it in med school. If you meet the minimum requirement of 3.0gpa by the end of the year, you will be granted the Master's degree and you do not have to take the Comprehensive exam to earn it either. However most of us want a chance for the D.O. spots so we prepare for the COMP during our two weeks of Spring Break which is in April this year.

That's just the gist of the program but if you want to find out more or have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me. I don't check the forums that much anymore so PMing me is the best way to contact me. Best of luck to everyone applying for the program. It is a very good program and the only one of its kind in the nation. Hope everyone makes it! :-D

Hi everybody,

Anthony78001 pmed me and I thought I'd give you guys some extra information. I am a current Master student at TouroCOM and I can give you guys an idea of how the program works.

Like the program profile says, there is a minimun 3.5gpa and passing of the Comprehensive Exam to gain admission into the following year D.O. class. My class started at ~75 students being admitted. A few of my friends did not get accepted until late June of last year so the interview cycle did go farther into the summer. We all live all over the place...some commute from Connecticut, New Jersey and many of us live all over the 5 boroughs of NYC. The program is HIGHLY competitive. Everyone works extremely hard to keep up with others, no matter how smart they are. This program is a really good opportunity to prove that you can make it in med school. If you meet the minimum requirement of 3.0gpa by the end of the year, you will be granted the Master's degree and you do not have to take the Comprehensive exam to earn it either. However most of us want a chance for the D.O. spots so we prepare for the COMP during our two weeks of Spring Break which is in April this year.

That's just the gist of the program but if you want to find out more or have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me. I don't check the forums that much anymore so PMing me is the best way to contact me. Best of luck to everyone applying for the program. It is a very good program and the only one of its kind in the nation. Hope everyone makes it! :-D

I just saw the comments regarding the Comprehensive exam. It is difficult in that we have a lot of topics to cover, but all the professors give us a list of objectives to work from. As long as we know the materials that the objectives ask for, we should be in good condition to Pass. I was told that if you have the 3.5gpa, then most likely you will pass the COMP but that does not mean that if you don't have the GPA you won't pass either. We do have two weeks of Spring break to prepare in April, but we are also preparing for 2 tests on the day we get back from the break. Our Comp is scheduled for May 5th this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks!!!From what I've been told, I think they are accepting btw 70-80 from a pool of at least 150-200

Awesome. I am still waiting to hear back. I called a few times and no one picked up. Does any one know of they are on break and stopped reviewing apps for a moment?

I just submitted my materials in today. Anyone know what the timeline is in terms of from when things are submitted to when there is a response about an interview?

I just submitted my materials in today. Anyone know what the timeline is in terms of from when things are submitted to when there is a response about an interview?

Call and find out if your file has been reviewed yet. Checked mine recently and found out that I got an interview :biglove: Just waiting on them to call me back with possible dates!

Call and check.
Just called to check my status and found out I got an interview and will be called next week with possible dates!
Someone in the program just told me that those who get an interview almost always get in. Except you totally mess up your interview of course.

Call and find out if your file has been reviewed yet. Checked mine recently and found out that I got an interview :biglove: Just waiting on them to call me back with possible dates!

Congrats starfar and Temy!!!

If anyone is looking for a roommate please message me. I will be attending touros masters program in the summer.

Call and check.
Just called to check my status and found out me got an interview and will be called next week wit possible dates!
Someone in the program just told me that those who get an interview almost always get in. Except you totally mess up yer interview of course.

Awesome congrats. May I ask when you submitted your information?

Thanks Yolala!! I'm beyond excited.. Trying not to get my hopes up, but if I get in I'm definitely matriculating.

Tan376 I started sending stuff in mid march, but I know for a fact that they didn't get the last of my transcripts until the end of last week. So they're definitely moving fast through the review process :)

Wtf is wrong with SDN?? Every post I make changes my words to make me sound like a pirate. April Fools???

Lmao I'm done

Awesome congrats. May I ask when you submitted your information?
Thanks! :) I submitted all my materials between feb 11 and feb 17th. Sent in my application feb 27th, complete march 4th. I think they have picked up reviewing applications again. They were slow for a while.

Hey u mind telling me ur stats?

I got an email yesterday that I got an interview!! I currently am emailing the person to schedule the date!! So excited :)

I got an email yesterday that I got an interview!! I currently am emailing the person to schedule the date!! So excited :)

hey what were your stats? i dont even know how to gauge as to where i stand

hey what were your stats? i dont even know how to gauge as to where i stand

My undergrad GPA was a 3.35 overall GPA, and 3.1 science. My graduate science GPA was 2.9 but through a medschool postbac program much like TouroCOM with real medschool classes. A lot of volunteering, clinic experience, publication, and study abroad. mcat was a 25Q (6V, 9P, 10B). Hope this helps. Also they just started looking applications again so it may take some time to hear back.

oh congrats you got your interview?? what were your stats? i'm still waiting

My interview date is this Thursday. I can't wait

Congrats!! Did you have an in person or phone interview? I just found out that I have a phone interview this week!
Thanks!!

Congrats!! Did you have an in person or phone interview? I just found out that I have a phone interview this week!
Thanks!!
I have an in person interview. I'm coming in from Philadelphia

Congrats on your interview. I have an in person interview and I will be coming in from Philadelphia in the morning.

Hey all. I just scheduled my in-person interview for next week. I was wondering if anyone who has had an interview could give some tips/ guidance in what to expect. Feel free to reply or PM. Thanks and best of luck to all of you!

Hey I'm just wondering how you got an in person interview for next week since spring break at Touro starts next week.

i have an in-person interview next week as well. the faculty must still be available even though the students are on spring break?

Has anyone heard anything recently? I think the deadline is tomorrow

Has anyone heard anything recently? I think the deadline is tomorrow

I had my interview last week and I know they are still looking at applications. Also they are getting a lot of applications in right now cause of the deadline.

:happy: interviewed today!! very laid back, one-on-one.. make sure you know exactly why Touro and be ready to answer the DO vs MD question! Interviewer said I should hear back by the end of the month, at the latest :nailbiting:

does anyone know if touro-ny offers housing for their students whether its for the masters program or med school. I saw the new middle town campus has dorms but im guessing that only for their medical class. thanks for the help

does anyone know if touro-ny offers housing for their students whether its for the masters program or med school. I saw the new middle town campus has dorms but im guessing that only for their medical class. thanks for the help

I think that touro-ny only offers housing to the med students over at the middle town campus. I think most of the students at the Harlem campus find housing in the area.

No housing offered.. but if you check out the Touro student govt website they post info in the classifieds section about roommate offers and if there's a FB group i'm sure there's info on that too..

http://www.tourocomsga.com/

about how long does it take from processed applications to hear back? I know there's been a lot of applications coming in.. but still, so anxious!! And for those who were interviewed, who led the interview? Any idea on the number of applicants this year?

about how long does it take from processed applications to hear back? I know there's been a lot of applications coming in.. but still, so anxious!! And for those who were interviewed, who led the interview? Any idea on the number of applicants this year?

Last edited:

I know it is taking some time because the deadline just passed and many applications just got sent in. Also they school was on break for 2 weeks so now they are going to pickup the pace on applications. You should get an email saying your application has been received and then call a week later to verify they got everything. The interview is usually lead by one of the professors.