TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email but it was addressed to the wrong person. So I sent it back and called the office. Frank confirmed they are sending out final notices today. Good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! Sorry to resurrect this forum on you. I wanted to know if you guys think I have a chance at this MS program. I took Mcat twice:
  1. 2vr, 7ps, 5bs (didn't study)
  2. 4vr, 5ps, 10bs (sort of studied, and had work at the time)
My cgpa is 3.43, and sgpa is 3.30. More than 200hrs research, ~70hrs volunteer at PedER. That's basically it. I am currently studying for the new Mcat, but I wanted to know what you guys think? I was thinking about emailing Lissette about this too. Just lay it on me! No sugar-coated comments. Cheers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! Sorry to resurrect this forum on you. I wanted to know if you guys think I have a chance at this MS program. I took Mcat twice:
My cgpa is 3.43, and sgpa is 3.30. More than 200hrs research, ~70hrs volunteer at PedER. That's basically it. I am currently studying for the new Mcat, but I wanted to know what you guys think? I was thinking about emailing Lissette about this too. Just lay it on me! No sugar-coated comments. Cheers.

yup!

you definitely have a chance at this program. do well on the next mcat, study hard and when they see a jump in your mcat score they really appreciate that stuff because it shows them how hard you're willing to work in this program and to become a doctor. there were people in years prior that had mcats in the teens that were accepted. but the most important thing is you have to work you a** off in the program.

Does anyone know the earliest you can apply to the program?

Hi guys,

I have a 3.45 cGPA/ 3.37 sGPA (recent college graduate, in my early 20s)

I took the new MCAT and sadly only achieved a 496 (23 on the old scale) - 127 C/P (10 PS on the old scale), 122 CARS (5-6 VR), 122 B/B (6-7 BS), and 125 P/S (8-9 for Psych/Soc).

I do have decent ECs and solid letters (including a DO one).

Do I have a chance at this program? Assuming I apply day 1.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I took the new MCAT and sadly only achieved a 496 (23 on the old scale) - 127 C/P (10 PS on the old scale), 122 CARS (5-6 VR), 122 B/B (6-7 BS), and 125 P/S (8-9 for Psych/Soc).

You should be fine. I had lower stats than you across the board (both GPA & MCAT) and I got in without any problems. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions! :)

Reactions: 1 user
You should be fine. I had lower stats than you across the board (both GPA & MCAT) and I got in without any problems. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions! :)

Hey! How do you like it? Any advice?

Do you by any chance know the acceptance rate to the program? Also I'm not a URM and am a native English speaker. With those factors do I still have a great chance?

Do you by any chance know the acceptance rate to the program? Also I'm not a URM and am a native English speaker. With those factors do I still have a great chance?

When I talked to admissions they said the most important thing are grades and upper classes you took - not necessarily where you're from.

When I talked to admissions they said the most important thing are grades and upper classes you took - not necessarily where you're from.

Hey who did you contact for admissions by the way? Also do you know when the application opens for this program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey who did you contact for admissions by the way? Also do you know when the application opens for this program?

Program administrator is Beth. Just google TOUROCOM NY masters program all the information is on their website. Applications open Nov 1st

Hey! How do you like it? Any advice?

Hey! I actually deferred my acceptance due to some unforeseen family issues so I'll be starting along with some of you in fall 2016! Feel free to PM me with any app / interview though! Best of luck!!

Hey there! Can anyone tell me If I have a chance for this program? 3.6 cumulative, 3.5 science, multiple mcat scores with the the 2015 score of 490. Lots of Ec's and shadowing experience. Do I have a shot if I apply day one?

Hey there! Can anyone tell me If I have a chance for this program? 3.6 cumulative, 3.5 science, multiple mcat scores with the the 2015 score of 490. Lots of Ec's and shadowing experience. Do I have a shot if I apply day one?

Yep! Apply Early. Good luck to the both of us.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Honestly I called the other day.. Bc of some discrepancies.. They don't take anyone bellow a 500 or anyone with a 23 Monkey score. For the DO. But they do for the masters ,. And their masters isn't as hard as NSU COM where you have to have an 80> avg to be grandfathered in. Nova is on something.. I want what Nova is smoking..

Any ways yea.. Broke my heart too

Honestly I called the other day.. Bc of some discrepancies.. They don't take anyone bellow a 500 or anyone with a 23 Monkey score. For the DO. But they do for the masters ,. And their masters isn't as hard as NSU COM where you have to have an 80> avg to be grandfathered in. Nova is on something.. I want what Nova is smoking..

Any ways yea.. Broke my heart too

Hey, I called too for the DO. The cutoff is 500. I knew that, I'm applying just for the masters.

Hey all. I have a 3.1 cGPA. a 3.0 sGPA. I am a senior at a SUNY school. planning to take the mcat in january. I am aiming to hit the 500-505 mark on the mcat. Do you think with these stats i have a shot? I am basically at the cutoff mark for cGPA and sGPA. likewise with the mcat.

i want to apply for both the the harlem and the middletown campuses but I would prefer the harlem campus (closer to family).

Last edited:
Are you applying to both campuses :) I'll be done my app tomorrow.
Were you able to write anything in the "experience/awards" section? I see it being a section in my application form but i don't know how to write anything on it. I mean, i don't see an "experience/awards" section to click on from the left.

I am applying to both campuses! I was able to complete every section. You can always email Beth Portnoy if you can't get it to work for you. This seems like a great program! Good Luck to both of us!

Are you applying to both campuses :) I'll be done my app tomorrow.
Were you able to write anything in the "experience/awards" section? I see it being a section in my application form but i don't know how to write anything on it. I mean, i don't see an "experience/awards" section to click on from the left.

I don't see that section in mine. Which section is it in the application?

Click "Submit Application".
Then click "Preview application in PDF format". Go to page 8 and you'll see an "Experience/Award" section.
I'm assuming this isn't required for us MS applicants? Because it seems like there's no way to write that stuff in. I e-mailed Beth just in case.

Alright, let us know what Mrs. Portnoy says! Thanks

Yeah I didn't see that either apparently there should also be a "pre-requisites verification" tab as well...I don't think the application is fully updated.

Do we have to submit the application in order to list our campus preference if we want to apply to both campuses, Middletown and Harlem?

Good morning all. I've been researching the masters programs at both Middletown and Harlem and interested in applying. For folks who have done this and were accepted to the DO program, are you repeating the same courses in OMS 1? Also, are you then paying tuition for the MS and OMS 1?

I understand there is no advanced standing if you are successful; however, I am trying to find out if you take all (or most) of the same classes, plus the tuition costs along with this. I know some other SMP's have classes separate or slightly different from the DO/MD students; however, I believe with Touro you are sitting side-by-side with the medical students.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Anyone heard anything from admissions lately? Do you guys think we will have to wait until spring before we hear anything?

Anyone heard anything from admissions lately? Do you guys think we will have to wait until spring before we hear anything?

The application is not fully updated. How did you submit already? Beth told
Me they are running late going live.

I submitted and got rejected already for the Harlem campus :(
~3.1 cGPA and sGPA. 497 MCAT. All A's and B's in my pre-req.
I guess my app was subpar somewhere.

How did you submit already?! And did you ask why?

How did you submit already?! And did you ask why?

. When and how did you get the rejection? I submitted my app first day and a few items were missing on the app so Mrs. Beth emailed me what I was missing. Im surprised you were rejected with those stats.

Hello current applicants, please do not lose hope if you get rejected letters. At this school, you could apply to the MS program which students take exactly the same classes with first year students. However, you are basically competing for your seat for next year.
The school also offers summer courses in order to prepare students to perform better in Anatomy and Histology.
If anyone is interested in attending the summer courses and needs a place to sublease for that month, message me and let me know. :)

I got the rejection today morning via e-mail.
Yeah i e-mailed them asking what i could do to improve my app. I'm assuming me being an international and my 121 in Verbal didn't help.
@samb applications are live. Beth sent me this excel file called "MS prereq sheet" where you had to essentially put down your pre-req courses/grades in them etc and have it e-mailed to her...that's the only "new" thing. Nothing got added/removed to the application portal itself.
BTW if anyone has any more SMP's in mind that i could pursue..PM me :) Feeling a bit discouraged right now...oh well.

Did you try LMU-DCOM Masters?

If one is successful with the MS, then I would complete the entire same core of classes over again in OMS 1? Moreover, I am paying tuition for both years, correct? Thanks. If anyone has done this program and matriculated to Touro, it would be great to gain feedback if this is how things works. I appreciate it.

If one is successful with the MS, then I would complete the entire same core of classes over again in OMS 1? Moreover, I am paying tuition for both years, correct? Thanks. If anyone has done this program and matriculated to Touro, it would be great to gain feedback if this is how things works. I appreciate it.

I'm applying (not a student). I think that's how it works, you repeat the first year again the following year if you complete the requirements. Only difference is you don't take any first year OMM classes in the MS curriculum.

hello all. Kinda getting some mixed reviews as to whether I should apply or not.
3.54 cGPA, 3.42sGPA, 490 MCAT. PS 122, CARS 122, BS, 122, P/S 124.
I do intend to retake in April.
I have research I TA'd for chem for 2 years. Worked at hospital for 2 years/patient transport, 2years CNA, currently a scribe. . Lots of volunteering nursing home/ER- 150+ hours. Non-clinical volunteering coached a girls basketball team this past winter.

I read above someone got rejected with a 497 so I'm not sure if it would be worth my time?

hello all. Kinda getting some mixed reviews as to whether I should apply or not.
3.54 cGPA, 3.42sGPA, 490 MCAT. PS 122, CARS 122, BS, 122, P/S 124.
I do intend to retake in April.
I have research I TA'd for chem for 2 years. Worked at hospital for 2 years/patient transport, 2years CNA, currently a scribe. . Lots of volunteering nursing home/ER- 150+ hours. Non-clinical volunteering coached a girls basketball team this past winter.

I read above someone got rejected with a 497 so I'm not sure if it would be worth my time?

I have similar stats and applied. The 497 score above was for the osteopathic program but not for the Master's program from what I can gather. Hopefully we hear something in December!

Hi everyone,

Did anybody have interview recently? If yes, how was that?

Officially submitted! Anyone else waiting to hear back?