TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've just been accepted to the MS program at Middletown, but still have some questions regarding the classes. I've never taken an anatomy course, how hard will it be from people's past experience and would you recommend that I take the summer anatomy class. Also for the rest of the classes, were they difficult to get through? how were the exams? Also sorry if these questions seem really basic, just some questions that keep running through my mind.

How long after the phone interview did you receive your acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

How long after the phone interview did you receive your acceptance?

I applied to the DO school and was offered an interview for the DO school at Middletown. After I was declined a seat I was able to move my materials to the masters application, so I didn't have to go through a phone interview.

I still haven't heard from anyone from the Middletown campus and have left numerous messages and emails to Dr. Jones as well as Francis Rose. Does anyone know when the best time to reach anyone at the school might be?

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't heard from anyone from the Middletown campus and have left numerous messages and emails to Dr. Jones as well as Francis Rose. Does anyone know when the best time to reach anyone at the school might be?

Are you sure you have the correct number? Dr. Jones is understandbly busy but Frank has always been responsive when I called the number I usually reach him at is (845) 648-1111 Iusually call around noon

@ 1:15, He mentions that you will become a Primary Care Physician. Does this mean that students accepted to TouroCOM Middletown campus will not have a choice to go into a specialty? Can they do that?

Last edited:
Hey all so I got a tour of the Middletown campus yesterday and heres some info for those curious:
regarding dorms: the contracts are under Horizon (Frank said theyre in charge of that and students mail checks to them NOT touro), the dorms are really nice, there are 2 kinds. On the upper levels are the "smaller" dorms (since the building used to be a hospital these are the old single patient rooms) and on the 3rd floor they are adding new dorms and these are the larger dorm rooms (the old double patient rooms). The larger dorms are little more expensive. All dorms include a TV, wifi, bed, dresser, wardrobe, and desk, private bathrooms but some have showers while others dont. On every floor there is a communal shower room and floors are separated by men/women. Students are allowed a mini fridge, no hot plates. The kitchenette doesnt have a stove :( only a refrigerator and microwaves.
The labs are amazing especially the plastination lab, they also have a separate area for the virtual anatomy lab (but having spoken to a current DO it's amazing but there's a high learning curve involved when you're trying to use it). They have lounges and a game room (theyre adding more stuff there as per requested by students). There are two larger lecture halls and theyre making another. Theres tons of rooms to study in, whether group study or the library has study areas but apparently most people study in their room. They have lockers everywhere, cafe and cafeteria downstairs. For dorms you must purchase a meal plan. The DO student who gave me the tour said the food is a hit or miss, some people loved it ithers not so much. The whole building looked great and everythings obviously new, the school's very high tech I loved it. Nearby theres a gyro place right in front of the school and down the main street theres lots of places to eat. The scenery is amazing and there are some rooms that overlook the valley. All in all I was really pleased with everything.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys I just received my acceptance(like 30 minutes ago). I sent back my declaration of attendance and want to know if I have to wait for info on the dorms or can I contact them like now to secure a spot?

Hey guys I just received my acceptance(like 30 minutes ago). I sent back my declaration of attendance and want to know if I have to wait for info on the dorms or can I contact them like now to secure a spot?
I was told to do it asap and that's when they emailed me the info. Contact Cindy at [email protected]

Hey all so I got a tour of the Middletown campus yesterday and heres some info for those curious:
regarding dorms: the contracts are under Horizon (Frank said theyre in charge of that and students mail checks to them NOT touro), the dorms are really nice, there are 2 kinds. On the upper levels are the "smaller" dorms (since the building used to be a hospital these are the old single patient rooms) and on the 3rd floor they are adding new dorms and these are the larger dorm rooms (the old double patient rooms). The larger dorms are little more expensive. All dorms include a TV, wifi, bed, dresser, wardrobe, and desk, private bathrooms but some have showers while others dont. On every floor there is a communal shower room and floors are separated by men/women. Students are allowed a mini fridge, no hot plates. The kitchenette doesnt have a stove :( only a refrigerator and microwaves.
The labs are amazing especially the plastination lab, they also have a separate area for the virtual anatomy lab (but having spoken to a current DO it's amazing but there's a high learning curve involved when you're trying to use it). They have lounges and a game room (theyre adding more stuff there as per requested by students). There are two larger lecture halls and theyre making another. Theres tons of rooms to study in, whether group study or the library has study areas but apparently most people study in their room. They have lockers everywhere, cafe and cafeteria downstairs. For dorms you must purchase a meal plan. The DO student who gave me the tour said the food is a hit or miss, some people loved it ithers not so much. The whole building looked great and everythings obviously new, the school's very high tech I loved it. Nearby theres a gyro place right in front of the school and down the main street theres lots of places to eat. The scenery is amazing and there are some rooms that overlook the valley. All in all I was really pleased with everything.
Great info! Thanks a bunch! In the kitchenettes were there at least mini sinks? Like what if I need to wash a mug? Lol and do you know whether we get specs on things like the bed. Is it just the standard twin xl?

@ 1:15, He mentions that you will become a Primary Care Physician. Does this mean that students accepted to TouroCOM Middletown campus will not have a choice to go into a specialty? Can they do that?

That's the main goal of an osteopathic school but you can do whatever specialty you want.

How long after your interview did you get your acceptance?

Great info! Thanks a bunch! In the kitchenettes were there at least mini sinks? Like what if I need to wash a mug? Lol and do you know whether we get specs on things like the bed. Is it just the standard twin xl?

So each room has a bathroom with toilet/sink (and the bathrooms are generously large) don't know how you feel about washing there haha but people do it! I didn't see any sinks in the kitchnettes (but it was a quick glance so not too sure) but the lounge areas have them and multiple classrooms have sinks in them. And for beds I'm not sure the specs, i think it is standard twin xl but I'm definitely calling tomorrow regarding the dorms so I'll be sure to ask.

How long after your interview did you get your acceptance?

hey I also interviewed yesterday, but in person (I drove up to the campus) and got my acceptance today at around 4.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I phone interviewed tuesday and got my acceptance at like 4 today as well. How long did it take everyone to receive info regarding financial aid, immunizations etc.

So each room has a bathroom with toilet/sink (and the bathrooms are generously large) don't know how you feel about washing there haha but people do it! I didn't see any sinks in the kitchnettes (but it was a quick glance so not too sure) but the lounge areas have them and multiple classrooms have sinks in them. And for beds I'm not sure the specs, i think it is standard twin xl but I'm definitely calling tomorrow regarding the dorms so I'll be sure to ask.

hey I also interviewed yesterday, but in person (I drove up to the campus) and got my acceptance today at around 4.
Wow that was quick. Congratulations

Reactions: 1 user
Yea I phone interviewed tuesday and got my acceptance at like 4 today as well. How long did it take everyone to receive info regarding financial aid, immunizations etc.

Did you get a call or email?

If you email who ever you've been talking to theyll give you all the forms and setting up your Touro email. When I asked it wasn't all setup but I received the stuff within a few days (June 8)

I finally got an email reply from Dr. Jones asking to have a phone conversation, exact words, on Friday. Is this meant to be an interview or just a conversation about my application? How did the people who interviewed already get their interview appointments?

I finally got an email reply from Dr. Jones asking to have a phone conversation, exact words, on Friday. Is this meant to be an interview or just a conversation about my application? How did the people who interviewed already get their interview appointments?
I didn't interview for the ms program but either way be prepared to impress since he's the program director. Good luck! :)

I got an email back from one of the professors stating she's interested in an interview and when I can set up with her. But it seems like a phone conversation could mean the same thing? Because my interview was over the phone as well. Good luck!

I got an email back from one of the professors stating she's interested in an interview and when I can set up with her. But it seems like a phone conversation could mean the same thing? Because my interview was over the phone as well. Good luck!

I hope so! Do you have any advice from your interview that could be helpful?

ACCEPTED! any females looking for a roommate? LOL

Reactions: 2 users
is anyone going to be taking the summer anatomy/histology course at middletown? (program runs through june 30th-july 24/23 i believe). i'd like to take it but not sure if ill do it at harlem since i live here in the city.

I hope so! Do you have any advice from your interview that could be helpful?

I interviewed with Dr. Jones in person, he's very nice and pleasant, he had my application open in front of him and he started off with if i had applied to medical school this yr and what i felt my weaknesses were. He definitely will ask you specifics regarding grades so make sure to knwo your app, he also asked me about why i felt like this program would be good for me and at the end he asked what he can say to me to get me to come to this proram (so basically have questions ready to ask him) good luck!

I got accepted to the Middletown program as well!! So from what I've read on here you have to purchase a meal plan for the dorms. Anyone know how much they cost/how many meals they cover? I'd rather cook for myself actually.

And we also need to create a facebook group. I would have created one myself but I don't know anyone going and it wouldn't let me make it without other people. If any of you guys which posted that you got in is willing to PM me, we can add each other on FB and do it that way?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! Yea I saw that but I was hoping there could be something smaller than the 19 meal/week deal. And I have my ways ;)
Email them about housing and meal plan stuff. They should give you all the forms including immunization that were sent out Monday. There are less options for meals

Actually I created the group name based on the Harlem group's name where Beth Portnoy is an admin. I just took out the word Harlem and put Middletown.

I was scheduled to have a phone conversation with Dr. Jones at 10 this morning and I still haven't heard from him. I tried calling his office and the admissions office but I no one is answering. Any advice on what I should do?

Emailed Cindy Wednesday and haven't heard anything back yet. Should it be taking this long to get info about housing and stuff?

I was scheduled to have a phone conversation with Dr. Jones at 10 this morning and I still haven't heard from him. I tried calling his office and the admissions office but I no one is answering. Any advice on what I should do?

Maybe send him a quick email reminding him and tell him when you'll be free to talk on the phone?

Is anyone else waiting on an interview invite for the Middletown MS?

Does anyone know if they have sent out any post-interview rejections yet?

Anyone get an interview invite from Middletown recently? I was accepted at the Harlem campus but had my papers also sent to Middletown because its closer to my hometown. Just want to free up seats for people if I'm not sure if im definitely attending!

I was recently accepted as well and got the checklist from Francis Rose but none of the forms were attached, is there a place online where I can find the health forms?

I was recently accepted as well and got the checklist from Francis Rose but none of the forms were attached, is there a place online where I can find the health forms?
That stuff should be under the forms section which is under student life or students

He sent out another email afterwards, did you get it?

Also, I asked today if the class was full and I was told that they have only filled 28/35 spots yet. So those of you who are still waiting to hear back, take heart!