Tricare to Cover PRP: Boon or Bust??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections

Tricare may cover PRP injections if you’re diagnosed with:

Mild to moderate chronic osteoarthritis of the knee.

Lateral epicondylitis, also known as “tennis elbow.”

Under the provisional coverage program, PRP injections are approved for up to a five-year period. This period is Oct. 1, 2019 to Sept. 30, 2024. You must meet certain criteria for coverage.

“If these policy updates apply to you or your family member, we hope that you will take steps to learn more and take advantage of your health benefits,” said Green.

There are many changes to the Tricare program every year. To stay current on updates to the Tricare benefit, sign up for email updates. You can also visit Covered Services to see what’s covered. If you have questions about your coverage, you can call your regional contractor.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
is one of the criteria that you have to have failed a cortisone shot? and how much will they "cover" from a dollar standpoint?

is one of the criteria that you have to have failed a cortisone shot? and how much will they "cover" from a dollar standpoint?

Most people don’t want steroid if asked and given a choice. My experience is that whenever the government gets involved in health care the total cost of the service goes up and portion that reimburses the professional service goes down. Lose/lose situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'd be a great politician. It is impossible for you to answer a question directly

Most people don’t want steroid if asked and given a choice. My experience is that whenever the government gets involved in health care the total cost of the service goes up and portion that reimburses the professional service goes down. Lose/lose situation.
I would say to that it is all in your sales pitch

id say it is a bust to those making a living off of regen medicine, but a positive for the average American with epicondylitis who cant afford a thousand dollar injection.... ie most Americans....