UC Davis c/o 2018!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
that's the reason why i asked how come it didnt move....
do you still plan to wait..i saw you have a few offers
congrats!
Thank you. It still says position 1 - 71 accepted out of 138 so far for me..
Have you heard from other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you. It still says position 1 - 71 accepted out of 138 so far for me..
Have you heard from other schools?

yes got accepted by ksu

i found that the spots become 140 instead of 138 right now!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know why it's now out of 140 accepted? I'm on the wait list so I'm just curious. I think it's odd there was no message notification explaining a change, so I just want to see if here is anything wrong with my portal.

Congrats everyone!

Last edited:
Does anyone know why it's now out of 140 accepted? I'm on the wait list so I'm just curious. I think it's odd there was no message notification explaining a change, so I just want to see if here is anything wrong with my portal.

Congrats everyone!

Maybe they decided to increase the class size by 2? Haha...

How far are you on the waitlist? You don't have to share your exact number, but do you think its likely you'll get off of it? Pulling for you!

Thanks PhatHippo49. But I'm only #30. And the list has barely moved at all (only 1 spot) and already 84 people have accepted. So I'm 99.76% sure I won't get off. But thank you anyways. ;) Guess I'm off to Colorado since my two dream schools waitlisted/rejected me (I really need to get out of my self-pity ball and get over the fact that I suck at interviewing).

Thanks PhatHippo49. But I'm only #30. And the list has barely moved at all (only 1 spot) and already 84 people have accepted. So I'm 99.76% sure I won't get off. But thank you anyways. ;) Guess I'm off to Colorado since my two dream schools waitlisted/rejected me (I really need to get out of my self-pity ball and get over the fact that I suck at interviewing).
Aww I'm so sorry! But Colorado is amazing (and so hard to get into!), and I'm really jealous you get to live there. But still, 84 is just barely over half! Who knows ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Finally the waitlist is moving :)
Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
it has been a long wait.....
i lack patience..............i refresh the portal several times a day...it drives me crazy...

Any wait list movement? I'm not on it myself but my best friend is and I don't want to make her more stressed by asking about it :/ Does anyone know what number they are at and how many wait listers they typically go through?

It moved about 10 spaces (I think) right around April 15th, and another couple spaces just recently. I haven't been keeping a very close eye on it, because I'm still in the 30's. No idea how many they typically go through. Some people, like me, are still on the waitlist but might not actually choose to go to Davis if offered a position (I'm accepted at my IS, and I'm going back and forth about whether the extra tuition would be worth it at Davis if I was offered a spot).

Good luck to your friend! I hope she gets in.

Any wait list movement? I'm not on it myself but my best friend is and I don't want to make her more stressed by asking about it :/ Does anyone know what number they are at and how many wait listers they typically go through?
what's ur friend's position?

I'm so lost on this finding housing thing. I don't even know where to begin; the links on the portal aren't too helpful because I kind of want to live with another vet student. At this point in time, is there even any vet student still looking for another roommate? :cryi: I feel like it's so late that I'm going to end up homeless.

Are you a part of your class's Facebook page? There is a document matching people for housing as well as pretty frequent housing posts from upperclassmen.

I'm so lost on this finding housing thing. I don't even know where to begin; the links on the portal aren't too helpful because I kind of want to live with another vet student. At this point in time, is there even any vet student still looking for another roommate? :cryi: I feel like it's so late that I'm going to end up homeless.
te

OMG WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!!!? AHHHH CONGRATS!!! there is a fb page for all of us, im sure you'll be getting the link soon but you can also search UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2018 and ask to be added. There are still tons of housing posts so don't worry! Feel free to PM me and we can be friends and I can try to help you with any questions you have!! Yay!

OMG WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!!!? AHHHH CONGRATS!!! there is a fb page for all of us, im sure you'll be getting the link soon but you can also search UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2018 and ask to be added. There are still tons of housing posts so don't worry! Feel free to PM me and we can be friends and I can try to help you with any questions you have!! Yay!

Thanks PhatHippo49! I've joined it and contacted a few people (so far, only one has gotten back to me and with good news). I'll pm you! :)