UCD Dublin Graduate Entry 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2020 grad here!
You can definitely get by without a car, myself & most of my classmates did. There’s quite a few bus routes that stop right outside of campus, and the DART (light rail) station is within walking distance of campus as well. There’s a student discount on public transit which is cool.

I was able to find housing within walking distance of the vet school, I’d recommend checking out daft.ie to get familiar with accommodations in the area. There’s a few FB groups for advertising housing as well you can join after you’re accepted to UCD.
There’s on campus accommodation as well, didn’t live there myself but many of my classmates did first year.
Hi! random but does Dublin record its lectures and stream them? Or do students actually have to go into lecture in person every time? Just curious!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! random but does Dublin record its lectures and stream them? Or do students actually have to go into lecture in person every time? Just curious!
Hi! First year here. Right now, there are lectures available online but they are specifically for students who are out with COVID-19 or for extenuating circumstances. Most lectures are not mandatory but *highly* encouraged. All my practicals (labs) are not recorded but can usually be made up if you miss them and have a good reason.

Hey all! I'm a first year right now at UCD. If there are any questions you have, feel free to reach out. I can answer what I know. This website helped me a lot in making my choice last year. It was very overwhelming but the interview process was very relaxed and I felt like the professor's who interviewed me really wanted to know about who I am as a person.

Members don't see this ad :)
In general what is the exam schedule like?

Last edited:
Hey all! I'm a first year right now at UCD. If there are any questions you have, feel free to reach out. I can answer what I know. This website helped me a lot in making my choice last year. It was very overwhelming but the interview process was very relaxed and I felt like the professor's who interviewed me really wanted to know about who I am as a person.
Hi! Thank you so much. I'm a bit nervous about the potential move over there as I have never been to Ireland before.
Was it easy to make friends? What do you like/not like about the program and city of Dublin? And if you're from the US why did you choose Dublin over schools in the states?

Does anyone have any predictions for what day we will hear back? I feel so impatient 😂

Hey :)

I was wondering if you guys could help me out with something. I initially was told I would receive an update to my application during the first 2 weeks of December but I never received anything so I emailed them in January and they responded by telling me I should receive an update that same week. We are now in early February and no update. I haven't even interviewed yet. Should I do something? How are my chances? I am an international student and UCD is my top choice

Reactions: 1 user
Hey :)

I was wondering if you guys could help me out with something. I initially was told I would receive an update to my application during the first 2 weeks of December but I never received anything so I emailed them in January and they responded by telling me I should receive an update that same week. We are now in early February and no update. I haven't even interviewed yet. Should I do something? How are my chances? I am an international student and UCD is my top choice
They’ve seem to be running behind on applications from what I’ve observed based on their emails. I’ve been in contact with them for the last couple months and they finally said that they were supposed review my application (4 year graduate program applied through the UCD portal) during early February and send out interview invites for selected candidates in mid to late February. I will keep you posted if I hear back.

They’ve seem to be running behind on applications from what I’ve observed based on their emails. I’ve been in contact with them for the last couple months and they finally said that they were supposed review my application (4 year graduate program applied through the UCD portal) during early February and send out interview invites for selected candidates in mid to late February. I will keep you posted if I hear back.
Oh that's great to hear, thanks for letting me know! I was getting a bit nervous since people on this forum were accepted as early as December. Hope we both get in!

Last edited:
Keeping fingers crossed we hear from them tomorrow! 🤞
You have no idea how anxious I've been all day 😆 I was so sad to not wake up to that email. I'm assuming they would send them in the morning "Irish time" which is around 5am-8am my time (MST)

You have no idea how anxious I've been all day 😆 I was so sad to not wake up to that email. I'm assuming they would send them in the morning "Irish time" which is around 5am-8am my time (MST)
Right there with you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Right there with you.
More waiting 😣 I feel like I can hardly focus all day knowing that they are going to show up like a jump scare. It also seems like they haven't waited this long to release decisions in the last few years.

I too am getting nervous, I could have sworn they told us they would get back to us this week but now it is Wednesday and I haven't heard anyone receiving acceptances or rejections. my anxiety is high haha

I too am getting nervous, I could have sworn they told us they would get back to us this week but now it is Wednesday and I haven't heard anyone receiving acceptances or rejections. my anxiety is high haha
I also wonder if people are hearing back and are not part of this network so we would never know 😮 cue the overthinking 🙃

I. Cannot. Wait. Another. Day. 🥲 does anyone by any chance have an update from them about when we might hear?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I. Cannot. Wait. Another. Day. 🥲 does anyone by any chance have an update from them about when we might hear?
Literally same. I have been struggling to sleep all week because I'm so anxious.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Well... Maybe we will hear next week.

• Sad
How is everyone holding up? 😬
Oh, ya know, just refreshing SDN every 10 minutes and having heart attacks every time I see activity on this thread…😂 fingers crossed that this waiting is over soon for all of us!

• Haha
Oh, ya know, just refreshing SDN every 10 minutes and having heart attacks every time I see activity on this thread…😂 fingers crossed that this waiting is over soon for all of us!
Sorry for the heart attack 😂

Hey everyone, I know we are all anxiously waiting but I believe UCD sends out answers on a rolling basis, so it may be this week for some, next week for others and the following week for other still.
I suggest a distraction. How did you all come to decide vet med was the career for you?

• Love
Hey everyone, I know we are all anxiously waiting but I believe UCD sends out answers on a rolling basis, so it may be this week for some, next week for others and the following week for other still.
I suggest a distraction. How did you all come to decide vet med was the career for you?
Great idea! I traveled quite a bit to south America as a child and saw the large stray populations in the countries I visited. I already loved animals but I knew as a veterinarian I could make a difference for those animals. Where I'm from in Canada there are very large stray/feral populations in our indigenous communities so I volunteer with an organization that hold large scale spay/neuter clinics in different communities each month over the summer. That really solidified it for me 😊 I also ended up falling in love with medicine in general after working in an ER/specialty hospital!

Omg I had an absolute heart attAck I had when I woke up to that email

I woke up to great news!! Got my offer of acceptance!! Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I hope more of us also hear back today! I know they are almost finished their working day in Dublin but we can hope.

Are there any current Dublin Graduate Entry students who are focusing on livestock and might be open to doing a zoom call with me? I am deciding between Dublin and Davis (strongly leaning towards Dublin) and I have some questions. Thanks.

Has anyone heard back today by any chance?

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum. I was interviewed in early January and am also anxiously waiting for a response. Congrats on your offer FarmGirl2!

....Anyone hear this morning?

• Sad
When I emailed with someone from their admissions team, they told me that they will be sending updates to everyone over the next two weeks. I hope that this helps. I am so sorry that you all are waiting, I know how painful that is!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
When I emailed with someone from their admissions team, they told me that they will be sending updates to everyone over the next two weeks. I hope that this helps. I am so sorry that you all are waiting, I know how painful that is!
Thank you for the info! It is painstaking 😵‍💫

• Care
Hoping some of us hear from them this week!! I received an email today about a fall semester transcript they had not received yet, so hopefully that means they are still reviewing things!!

• Love
Hoping some of us hear from them this week!! I received an email today about a fall semester transcript they had not received yet, so hopefully that means they are still reviewing things!!
I'm quite shocked that they would be sending an email on a Sunday!

Hi all, I am a new member and was hoping for some guidance for the interview process. I am an international student applying into the Undegraduate vet med program at UCD. For those that have done an interview, what was it like? What kind of questions do they ask? Thanks! :)

Welcome! The UCD interview is very informal and causal. Mainly asking about your experience, why you wanna be a vet, why UCD, and might go over any questions they have regarding your application. Best of luck!

I assume nobody has heard back this week either? 😩

Welcome! The UCD interview is very informal and causal. Mainly asking about your experience, why you wanna be a vet, why UCD, and might go over any questions they have regarding your application. Best of luck!
Awesome, thank you for the help!

New member here. Been stalking this forum for a month 😭 I have not heard back yet this week. Strong radio silence :(
I guess if there was ever a bright side it's the fact that most of us are still waiting as opposed to a few?

• Care