UERM 2012-2013 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madcool

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a Fil-Am from VA. The application for UERM closed this past week. I was wondering if anyone has heard about the status of their application already. I received an e-mail by the registrar, Imelda De Los Reyes that my application package has been received and I was given the "OK" to schedule my interview. I was wondering if if anyone else has heard anything back from UERM.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, Fil-Am from NJ here. I applied to UERM early December. The advantage I had was that I'm already studying over here. What I did was when I handed in the requirements, I asked the registrar when the interviews were and she gave me one the following week, so try contacting the registrar.

Results come out first week of March. Good luck!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
BlazinAzn, I have my interview tomorrow in LA. I hope we get in!

BlazinAzn, I have my interview tomorrow in LA. I hope we get in!

Good luck on your interview! If it's anything like here in the Philippines, it's going to be pretty relaxed and casual, but still dress semi-formal. Do you know anybody else applying, because scourging the boards here and a few other websites, It doesn't seem like there are as many international students going to UERM recently.

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I have my phone interview tonight with Dr. Rigor. Good luck everyone!

Hey everyone,

I am a fil-am from nevada. I spoke with Ms. Delos Reyes a few days ago, and she said that they are half way through the applications received. I have looked at previous application cycles and some fil-am's received their acceptance as early as late January! Hopefully we will all hear soon!

Hey everyone,

I am a fil-am from nevada. I spoke with Ms. Delos Reyes a few days ago, and she said that they are half way through the applications received. I have looked at previous application cycles and some fil-am's received their acceptance as early as late January! Hopefully we will all hear soon!

Nevada? That place is HOOOOT, but so are the girls! :D Well let's hope that we find out sooner rather than later, but I like to think we'll find out in March... that way I'm not a nervous wreck. :laugh: Good luck man, hope we see each other soon!

haha yea i feel ya man! I called UERM yesterday and they said that are through letter J portion of the application process. If you ever are in the Vegas area, its a good place to get all the partying out of your system before med school! hahah

It's been mentioned here before.. try to VISIT, as in, IN PERSON, the campuses here before you decide if you can (Since institution really doesn't matter, maybe aesthetics could be your deciding factor)... Fatima is not so pretty.. and I'd argue that UE is arguably worse (although the area around is a little better).. UST has a beautiful campus! And surprisingly, FEU has the NICEST buildings (as in modern nice, not historical nice, that would be UST), and a cozy surrounding area. Also, ppl don't mention FEU, but they should be included in your "list" of schools: They may be more difficult (only negative, if you wnna focus MLE), but turns out FEU DOES HAVE ROTATIONS in the states, with many of their students doing rotations at SUNY (State University of New York) - fun fact.

Last edited:
haha yea i feel ya man! I called UERM yesterday and they said that are through letter J portion of the application process. If you ever are in the Vegas area, its a good place to get all the partying out of your system before med school! hahah

Letter J in their reply? What does that even mean? Do you mean they are at the J- surnames? And yea, Vegas is fun, was there last summer actually, met a promoter on the airplane. It was a shame though... I was with the family so The Hangover 3 was not possible for me, haha. I'm afraid we wont even be able to go out here in the Philippines from what I'm reading. I'm having a hard time comprehending not going out at all/how to meet people who aren't medically related. It's scary man.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's nothing wrong with making "medical friends". Medical students party too =)

I just got my email tonight! I am accepted for the 2012-2013 class!! woo woo!

Congrats! I just got my e-mail this morning as well.

Haha, likewise! We should all arrange a meet up in June ya?

Hey everyone. I'm a Fil-Am from Ca and I stumbled upon this site by accident - I'm so glad I did ^^ I was freaking out because my friend in Texas got her acceptance letter to UERM a couple days ago. Thinking they were sending them all out at once I thought I didn't make it, haha. I'm relieved knowing that isn't the case. By the way, is there anyone here who took the NMAT in LA last December?

We should start a Facebook group or something. How many of us are for sure going? The registrar said they are only taking 40 international students!

I actually have a really odd and complex situation regarding graduation, so i won't be sure until mid march- early april. :/

I didn't know a thread like this existed, but glad I found it. I'm from WA and got accepted too, and took the nmat last december. Congrats to the other batch mates!! Is anybody thinking of staying in robbinsdale or mezza?

I didn't know a thread like this existed, but glad I found it. I'm from WA and got accepted too, and took the nmat last december. Congrats to the other batch mates!! Is anybody thinking of staying in robbinsdale or mezza?

Congrats!!! I heard either will be good since it is right across from the school. I read robbinsdale is more like a extended stay hotel which is not bad at all!

Word of caution: Just make sure the place you are going to live at actually has a kitchen. Some don't. Also take into consideration the safety of the area and transportation issues (The adjustment for traffic will piss any american off. Trust me on that one), as well as how close the locations are to recreational areas: pubs, clubs, restaurants, pools, bowling alleys, etc.

I just got my notice of acceptance this week too! :) I took the NMAT in LA this past December. When does everyone plan on moving??

Got my acceptance letter yesterday ;) Planning to head there around mid-April, but depending on the enrollment dates I might have to move my flight up

I'm glad to hear! I'm gonna start a Facebook group pretty soon pm me for my name haha

hey all! facebook group is up. UERM College of Medicine Class of 2016. PM your name so i can add you.

Is everyone else proficient in speaking Tagalog, or will I be the only one in the class? lol

Is everyone else proficient in speaking Tagalog, or will I be the only one in the class? lol

Hoy pre, wag ka mag alala. At least tayong dalawa marunong mg salita ng mother tongue natin. At mas mabilis pa tayo mg kakaroon ng mga locals na mga kasama!:laugh:

oy ano ka, pare :)? alam ko kung paano nagsasalita ng tagalog. Fil-am ka? Join the facebook group UERM College of Medicine Class of 2016!

whooooops lol. I was talking about the Tagalog class for people that can't speak it well. I can understand it for the most part, but I am horrible at speaking. So I was thinking that they would have me take enroll in the Tagalog class stated in the acceptance email's attachment. Seems like you two are set though haha. I sent a request for the facebook group

how proficient is ur tagalog? That's the question. lol. if it's like "Fil-am" tagalog, then you don't know tagalog haha

how proficient is ur tagalog? That's the question. lol. if it's like "Fil-am" tagalog, then you don't know tagalog haha

Proficient enough to know that slang means accent and the difference in how you pronounce tutule is the difference between ear wax and circumcision. :laugh:

Amen to that brother! Who's this guy anyway? Hahaha

Amen to that brother! Who's this guy anyway? Hahaha

A Fil-Am who speaks "Fil-am taglish".. trying to learn REAL tagalog. lol. It's so bad that in jeepneys, I make sure to dish out 8p exactly, cuz during those unlucky times I can only give 10 or 20p, the driver always asks "saan ka"?... then I have to answer with a name of a destination, and when I do, my accent is apparent and everyone in the jeep STARES at me o_O

Hey guys! Does anyone know Dr. Benjamin Rigor's e-mail by any chance? I've been trying to set up my interview but the interviewers from the east coast has so far just ignored me. I've contacted Dr. Piga from TX but he only does in-person interviews and that's not going to happen because I'm from NJ and there's not enough time.

I already got my acceptance letter though and have confirmed my intention to enroll. But anyway I need his e-mail address because I've been told that he's in the Philippines for the alumni homecoming. Thanks!

Hey all, glad I found this thread! I'm from CA, also thinking about staying at Mezza or Robbinsdale. Does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions for housing?

From pinoy.md

1. Anglo Residences (Guirayan St., Doña Imelda, QC)
2. Keystone Residences (Guirayan St., Doña Imelda, QC)
3. Mezza Residences (Aurora Blvd., Doña Imelda, QC)
4. Tang Dormitory (Zaragosa St., Doña Imelda, QC)

More info at: http://pinoy.md/ipb/index.php?/topi...-rent-near-uerm/page__pid__130417#entry130417 if you can read tagalog.

All are walking distance except for Tang, which you can apparently walk or either take a tricycle.

hi guys, is it true that the Philippine's comission on higher education passed/approved a regulation to limit rotation/clincals abroad to three months?

I don't know, but either way Fatima students are still able to do 1 year in US for 4th year..

does uerm do late applications? i submitted an application for ust in december, but after reading all the posts about US rotations i think i should have applied to uerm. :(

does uerm do late applications? i submitted an application for ust in december, but after reading all the posts about US rotations i think i should have applied to uerm. :(

You could shoot them an email. Here is the registrar's email: [email protected] But keep in mind that they only admit 10% of the total class as foreigners... so around 40 spots and spots are already being given out/reserved now. Best of luck though, UST is a great school and you do have 2 weeks at least.

I will be going to uerm this coming June. I'm from CA.

Where are you guys getting your uniforms made? I think I might buy cloth here and then have someone make my uniforms over there.