UFCVM c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted off the OOS Waitlist!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations! Are you going to accept your spot? Did UF tell you what number you were on the alternate list?
They did not tell me my spot, no. I am not sure if I am going to accept my spot, I wasn't expecting to get in so I am taking a few days to think.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They did not tell me my spot, no. I am not sure if I am going to accept my spot, I wasn't expecting to get in so I am taking a few days to think.
Good luck with your decision and best wishes for great vet school years!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!! If you don't mind sharing, what other school(s) are you considering?

Congrats!! If you don't mind sharing, what other school(s) are you considering?
Thank you! I am leaning toward Cornell and UPenn at this point, but also still considering UT Knoxville. These three and UF are the last ones on my list I've narrowed down to at this point. I'm hoping to decide by Friday so I can start freeing up spots on the waitlists as soon as possible.

Hi all! Looking for some direction as I consider reapplying next cycle. I was flat out rejected this cycle from UF due to my biochemistry class not meeting their requirement (my fault I didn’t check in advance and I’m kicking myself for it- it was accepted by every other program except 1) can some of you here let me know what kind of course you took to fill the requirement / do they take online requirements (can’t find this on website) appreciate any help and advice as I navigate this and try to improve my app:/

Hi all! Looking for some direction as I consider reapplying next cycle. I was flat out rejected this cycle from UF due to my biochemistry class not meeting their requirement (my fault I didn’t check in advance and I’m kicking myself for it- it was accepted by every other program except 1) can some of you here let me know what kind of course you took to fill the requirement / do they take online requirements (can’t find this on website) appreciate any help and advice as I navigate this and try to improve my app:/
It has to be 3 credit hours and an upper level course (3000-4000) at a 4 year institution. At Florida state I took BCH 4024 in 2020. When I applied only lab courses could not be taken online, I’m not sure if this has changed, I would recommend emailing admissions. If you were accepted to other in country schools through, I’m not sure waiting another year and paying for another course is worth it and I would consider accepting another offer. UF is a great school, but like all other schools it has its faults. A DVM is a DVM! Hope this was helpful.

Does anyone know if UF is a tracking school?
Yes! You pick a track (small animal, large animal, or mixed) the end of second year when you rank your preferences for clinical rotations!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone IS declining their seat?
Historically it seems like 10-15 people do. Obviously cutting it close with decision day being tomorrow but that will likely be when things start to move. Fingers crossed for you if you’re on the waitlist!

A friend on the waitlist called and was told that 3 seats have been offered off the IS list so far. One person has until tonight to respond and the others have until tomorrow. Fingers crossed for all❤️ @vetmedislife @bbmonica1

Reactions: 2 users
A friend on the waitlist called and was told that 3 seats have been offered off the IS list so far. One person has until tonight to respond and the others have until tomorrow. Fingers crossed for all❤️ @vetmedislife @bbmonica1
Do you happen to know if she called the admissions office or a different department? I'm wondering if I should call to get an update on the OOS waitlist status, I'm stressed out of my mind this week🥲

Just got called off the waitlist!! I am in SHOCK 😭😭🎉

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Do you happen to know if she called the admissions office or a different department? I'm wondering if I should call to get an update on the OOS waitlist status, I'm stressed out of my mind this week🥲
Yep, called admissions

got called of the OOS waitlist today! deciding between UF and Davis…

• Love
Is there anyway to check how many seats the OOS waitlist has moved so far? Also how long the OOS waitlist is?

Is there anyway to check how many seats the OOS waitlist has moved so far? Also how long the OOS waitlist is?
Calling seems to have been the best way to get up to date info

Not sure if they’ll give you exact numbers but I’ve gotten more info that way than I have via email