UGA class of 2018!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would you mind sharing your stats or even just experiences?

You seem to be such a successful applicant!! congrats!
Thanks.
I have BS and MS in animal sciences. Lots of research experience since I worked most my undergrad years in a research lab and also for the graduate degree.
I have two published articles as well from the graduate degree.
I don't have any small animal experience but I shadowed equine ambulatory vet and worked at a vet hospital affiliated with a vet school.

@mikewazowski Were you an IS app or OOS?
OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone help point me to somewhere to look for scholarships to apply to? I want to go to Georgia, but am currently leaning toward another school where I can gain in state after a year. I've found that page on UGA's site claiming to have lists of scholarships for each class but it's all empty...
Plan to email finaid soon to see if they have any suggestions, but thought I'd check with you guys first!

Waitlisted OOS too. Congrats to those of you who got in!! Extra props to those OOS peeps though cause that oos acceptance rate is tough to beat! CONGRATS!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know how/when we will find out our waitlist #?

Does anybody know how/when we will find out our waitlist #?
I just called last year and asked if the waitlist was available and then asked for my position and they told me :)

Reactions: 1 user
i called the admissions office and was forwarded to parker moor's office but he didn't answer, because it is easier to just check my email at work than it is to answer a phone call or listen to a voicemail i didn't leave a message and sent an email asking for my wait list ranking just waiting for a response now...has anybody else called or emailed?

Just called.... #10 on the list =(

well u are better than me....#32 there is no way i will be called they only took 13 OOS students last year :(

well u are better than me....#32 there is no way i will be called they only took 13 OOS students last year :(
From what I've read, the #2 spot got called up the day before classes began--so looks like anybody above #5 is SOL!! No worries though girl, one of these schools will work out for us eventually..... all part of a greater plan I suppose!

From what I've read, the #2 spot got called up the day before classes began--so looks like anybody above #5 is SOL!! No worries though girl, one of these schools will work out for us eventually..... all part of a greater plan I suppose!

Thanks for the support...hope you work out with your schools if you have any left...this was my last option all the other 4 schools i applied all sent rejections and this was my second cycle applying...i'm done now time for backup plan

Thanks for the support...hope you work out with your schools if you have any left...this was my last option all the other 4 schools i applied all sent rejections and this was my second cycle applying...i'm done now time for backup plan
Oh Lord, I'm soo sorry to hear that... I am on the Illinois wait list as well but that's it. I wish you the best and will be starting my backup plan as well :/

Congrats to all those accepted! Even if you didn't get accepted, you should still be proud of yourselves. I'm applying to uga this coming cycle (starts in June) and I'm nervous as hell. :/

Hey all! I just got a call off the waitlist (sorry I don't know what # I was) and am looking to get some people's opinions about the CVM itself. I haven't seen it so it's a problem for me, but since they don't interview and I was waitlisted, I didn't think I'd get this call and face this problem. I have said yes to another OOS school, but UGA has always kind of been the dream school. Any advice, help, or opinions here would be great!

Congrats for getting called off the waitlist! The school itself is really nice and the current students were really, really welcoming. There is currently a new school in construction right now that from the outside looks amazing! I am personally really excited to see it once it is finished :)

I am not from Georgia and I didn't go to UGA for undergrad, but the two times in the two times I visited Athens I can say that I loved the town

Hey all! I just got a call off the waitlist (sorry I don't know what # I was) and am looking to get some people's opinions about the CVM itself. I haven't seen it so it's a problem for me, but since they don't interview and I was waitlisted, I didn't think I'd get this call and face this problem. I have said yes to another OOS school, but UGA has always kind of been the dream school. Any advice, help, or opinions here would be great!
A vet in SC told me that Auburn is much more hands-on than Georgia, but Georgia is a great academic-centered school