UNC-Chapel Hill C/O 2017: Fall 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me too! I am coming from Texas, but I have to reschedule my interview date because of my final exams... do any of ya'll know if they are pretty lenient with rescheduling interviews?

I'm an UNC undergrad. Excited to see yall here!

Me too! I am coming from Texas, but I have to reschedule my interview date because of my final exams... do any of ya'll know if they are pretty lenient with rescheduling interviews?

They'll probably defer you to the next interview session.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted today as well! Interviewed at the 12pm session.

Congrats! I hope I get an interview offer soon. Mind sharing your stats?

I got accepted today around 6pm!!! I interviewed on 11/20.

I got accepted as well! Interviewed at the earlier session.

Last edited:
If there are any UNC pharmacy students up here could you be kind enough to share information on what did you do to get accepted into UNC? Give us an update what UNC is looking for in an applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance email on 11/21 for the Asheville Campus. Anyone else for Asheville?

Can ya'll please give me some insight about the interview process at UNC? How many people are on the "panel" that interview you? I've been to a few interviews before but I'm pretty intimidated because UNC is such a good school. Any advice would be great--feel free to message me please!

The panel interview was pretty easy, you interview with two faculty members. The questions are pretty standard, no curve balls or tough ones I can think of. Just relax and try not to stress out. Other than the panel interview, everything else was similar to previous interviews I had been before where they will have an introduction, campus tour, and a question and answer session with current students.

Go to the top of this webpage and click on "Articles and Interviews" and navigate through to find feedback for UNC. Its what I used to prepare for my interviews.

The "panel" will consist of two faculty/staff and you will be interviewed by yourself. That part will take about 30 minutes. Just relax and be confident!

Has anyone accepted decided to come here? I mailed my intent to enroll form earlier this week.

I accepted my offer. I also mailed in my intent to enroll earlier this week.

Hi guys! So it sounds like so far there have only been two interview dates, November 20th and December 14th? Is that correct?

Hi guys! So it sounds like so far there have only been two interview dates, November 20th and December 14th? Is that correct?

That should be right - I know that November 20th was the first date.

That should be right - I know that November 20th was the first date.
Thanks for getting back to me! I was invited to the November 20th, but couldnt make it, so I'll be there this Friday! crossing my fingers!

Thanks for getting back to me! I was invited to the November 20th, but couldnt make it, so I'll be there this Friday! crossing my fingers!

I was invited to the December 14th date but couldn't make it - all they said was that "once information about future interview dates are given, we will contact you." But I haven't heard anything since. Did you contact them at all again after you submitted the survey form? I'm wondering if I should e-mail them and ask when I should be expecting to hear back about another interview date...

I was invited to the December 14th date but couldn't make it - all they said was that "once information about future interview dates are given, we will contact you." But I haven't heard anything since. Did you contact them at all again after you submitted the survey form? I'm wondering if I should e-mail them and ask when I should be expecting to hear back about another interview date...
It actually took quite a while to hear back from them. I sent an email giving some updates about when I would be available, and then I was invited a few days later. I dont think it had anything to do with my email. I think they will put you in the next round of interviews, it sounds like thats what they did with me!

I found out a little bit under 2 weeks before my interview, so I would assume that the timeline would be similar for each session? I may be wrong though, haha.

Just got an email today saying accepted!!!! :D:thumbup::love: Had my interview Dec. 14!

Congrats everyone!

I know it's early for this, but does anyone know what they are doing for their living arrangements? I'm from Alabama, so all I know about any complexes are whatever the Internet says. Anyone from Chapel Hill have input?

I just sent my deposit today! So excited! :biglove:

Congrats everyone!

I know it's early for this, but does anyone know what they are doing for their living arrangements? I'm from Alabama, so all I know about any complexes are whatever the Internet says. Anyone from Chapel Hill have input?

I'm OOS as well. I'm going to wait until more people get accepted then start looking for a roommate.

Do any of you who've been accepted have any advice for the interview and also any insight on what the interview day is like? I am going on January 17th- I'm so excited but also getting nervous!

My advice: relax! When I went for my interview one of the first things they told us was that we were all qualified to be there. They told us that we had gotten through the hard part (which was the application review.)

The interview was so much more relaxed than I ever would have expected. The interview questions are standard, no curve balls. I would have one REaLLY good question to ask of your interviewers. My interview was 30 minutes long with 10 of that being dedicated to questions I wanted to ask. I had one question that got the three of us engaged in a good discussion and that was a great closing to my interview.

Also, the interview is closed file. There will be no questions about your GPA or PCAT. All your interviewers will know about you is that the admissions committee saw something special in you.

My advice: relax! When I went for my interview one of the first things they told us was that we were all qualified to be there. They told us that we had gotten through the hard part (which was the application review.)

The interview was so much more relaxed than I ever would have expected. The interview questions are standard, no curve balls. I would have one REaLLY good question to ask of your interviewers. My interview was 30 minutes long with 10 of that being dedicated to questions I wanted to ask. I had one question that got the three of us engaged in a good discussion and that was a great closing to my interview.

Also, the interview is closed file. There will be no questions about your GPA or PCAT. All your interviewers will know about you is that the admissions committee saw something special in you.

Also, the information sessions were very informative (at least to me). They asked to see if anyone was interested in one of the dual degrees (and talked about them), and answered all questions I had thought of to ask my interviewers. The students talked a lot about the organizations available and pretty much fielded all types of questions.

Hey! I am looking for a roommate next year. I am easy-going, a non-smoker, and I attended UNC for undergrad so I know the area well! Please send me an email at [email protected] if you want to discuss this more :)

Interview on Thursday, who with me? :naughty:

So nervous, even though some says we shouldn't but..how come we aren't :(

For those of you who've been accepted, first- congrats! How long did it take you to hear about your acceptance from your interview date?

Does anyone know how many students are at each interview date?
Also, have they mentioned how many acceptances they've given?

For current students and incoming students, can you please share why you're attending UNC? What makes UNC stand apart? I'm stuck between a few schools...

For those of you who've been accepted, first- congrats! How long did it take you to hear about your acceptance from your interview date?

It took just over a week for me. I interviewed on Nov. 20 and received my acceptance e-mail on Nov. 28. However, they said at the interview it could take 2-3 weeks.

Does anyone know how many students are at each interview date?
Also, have they mentioned how many acceptances they've given?

My interview date had two interview sessions of about 25 students each - so around 50 for the day. I'm not sure how many acceptances they have given out total.

I interviewed on Friday and I found out the following Thursday evening! Good luck! I'm also from texas! :)

I interviewed on Friday and I found out the following Thursday evening! Good luck! I'm also from texas! :)

Ah thank you!! I am starting to get nervous! But that's awesome that you're from Texas too, good to know they are taking out of staters! :)

You are not alone! I heard the chapel hill campus is full?

You are not alone! I heard the chapel hill campus is full?

Where did you hear that? They have only had two accepted interview groups, and 1 pending (from last week). Even if they've accepted 100% of the people theyve interviewed, it would be 100 max, and they accept ~135 to Chapel Hill. It would be possible that Chapel Hill campus will be almost filled when they accept the group they interviewed last week though. But people drop, want different campuses, etc so I doubt it's 100% full.

has anyone NOT received a response from UNC?! this waiting is a killer =(

Did you interview yet and are waiting for a decision (if so what interview date)? Or are you saying you haven't heard anything since you submitted your supplemental?