University of Colorado at Denver, ISP 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats for your interview. I have heard that they will prefer the students who are spouses, brothers or sisters to the current students in dental school. Is that true? can you please share me your stats?

I heard tht this happens almost everywhere.........but I Thnk they won't fill all the seats in the same manner.....so we jus hope we will get it from rest of the seats.....::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I got an interview invitation too:), anyone from San Francisco bay area got invite?

I sent my documents on 17th feb.....still havnt got the conformation email.......

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys

Anybody sent their documents after feb 17 th and got a conformation mail......?pls reply......

@DrPat2011: Yea, I got one on the 27th of February

hey, i got an interview invitation too:), anyone from san francisco bay area got invite?
congrats for the iv can you share your stats please and when did you receive an e.mail regarding confirmation?

Hey guys

Anybody sent their documents after feb 17 th and got a conformation mail......?pls reply......

You can call them buddy and ask someone to help you. while sending your application,did you ask the postal service for delivery confirmation?

You can call them buddy and ask someone to help you. while sending your application,did you ask the postal service for delivery confirmation?

Ya I had the conformation tht it's delivered......
I'll wait till Tuesday and will call thm......:xf:
Thanks drhallow....

congrats for the iv can you share your stats please and when did you receive an e.mail regarding confirmation?

I sent paper application on Feb 1st, got confirmation the next day

you have a strong chance of being accepted in colorado. . hope you resume is strong i mean in regards to other things you did . i am in colorado. and i didnt score that high but my esume was strong in regards to research, hygenist program and other stuff iyou did in north america and i guess you should be fine and prepare well for the bench test. very important

Thank you drkenuch. I really want to go to this school and will try my very best for the bench test. Hope you stay around and help us with the whole process.

hi i got interview call and its on may 19...anyone else on that day???

Members don't see this ad :)
hi drkenuch
I got an interview call from denver too...Can u please tell me how was your experience ...And whats the wax melting part???

hi drkenuch
I got an interview call from denver too...Can u please tell me how was your experience ...And whats the wax melting part???

Can please tell what all exercise they have given you. appreciate your reply

In UC sodm admission is based on following criteria;
33% application and scores
33% interview
33% bench test...which includes one class 2 prep( mostly on molars), gold crown prep( also on ist molars and wax exercise which includes cutting rectangle in green stick without breaking, filling a small circle with blue inlay wax and making and filling small s shaped on paper with pink wax( you can carve it after filling)
Be confident and be yourself in interview........key for success.......

Nothing is melting part exept blue inlay wax......which you have to melt in a small circle without spreading out of it:)

hi drkenuch

I heard tht this happens almost everywhere.........but I Thnk they won't fill all the seats in the same manner.....so we jus hope we will get it from rest of the seats.....::luck:

wax exercise which includes cutting rectangle in green stick without breaking, filling a small circle with blue inlay wax and making and filling small s shaped on paper with pink wax( you can carve it after filling)

Thanks for the info. Could you please clear the following doubts about wax excercise (hope they are not stupid doubts :):-
1. the pink wax to make S shape - is it provided in sheet form? is it modelling/baseplate wax.
In previous threads i read it was given in rope form and "some people melted it; while other stuck it on paper". Could you pls tell what type of wax is given ? rather than the colour..
2. are the waxes in US provided in sheet form or in boxes.
3. Are we given a bunsen flame..
4. Also is the blue inlay wax used to make dome shape etc?

Thanks

Did anyone got any reply after sending ur confirmation????:confused:

Yes you will get flame but don't try to melt pink wax (just my advice).....make rope and fill it where needed. Only heat blue inlay wax.

Thanks for the info. Could you please clear the following doubts about wax excercise (hope they are not stupid doubts :):-
1. the pink wax to make S shape - is it provided in sheet form? is it modelling/baseplate wax.
In previous threads i read it was given in rope form and "some people melted it; while other stuck it on paper". Could you pls tell what type of wax is given ? rather than the colour..
2. are the waxes in US provided in sheet form or in boxes.
3. Are we given a bunsen flame..
4. Also is the blue inlay wax used to make dome shape etc?

Thanks

Thank you white pearls.. even I sent the same day. Hopefully they might get back to me in a day or two. Is there anything about the bench test fee?

Thank you white pearls.. even I sent the same day. Hopefully they might get back to me in a day or two. Is there anything about the bench test fee?

nope nothing about the bench test

Do they call 4 interview or they send an email as well?

Hi

Anybody got any info from the school this wk......?they r not replying to the mail or picking up the calls........pls reply

I got application complete status on March 6. Jane Miller is pretty responsive. Probably, they will send more invitations out soon.

I got application complete status on March 6. Jane Miller is pretty responsive. Probably, they will send more invitations out soon.

Can u share whn u sent all ur supplemental documents ?

Sure ;-)
On Feb 21 I sent all the supplemental docs via snail mail.
On March 4th I asked Jane Miller if I was allowed to update my TOEFL results. She permitted. On March 5th I faxed the TOEFL results. On March 6th got the complete status.

Sure ;-)
On Feb 21 I sent all the supplemental docs via snail mail.
On March 4th I asked Jane Miller if I was allowed to update my TOEFL results. She permitted. On March 5th I faxed the TOEFL results. On March 6th got the complete status.
Thank u....
I sent all my documents on Feb 17th.....it's almost 3 wks and ther is no response....I mailed them and even tried calling thm......can u check if this is the number u used to call thm.... 303 724 7060

Hi all

Finally spoke to Ms.Jane Miller after trying the whole day......

She said at present it's taking 2 to 3 wks for them to send the application complete mail.......
Anyway it's 3 wks already for me but I'm still waiting......

Is the deadline for submitting the additional doc changed from march 16 th to april 2nd?
Am I right?

any re applicant from last yr who got an interview call?

does it matter in which batch we interview?
i see only few acceptances last year from 3rd interview batch

anyone pls reply

does it matter in which batch we interview?
i see only few acceptances last year from 3rd interview batch

anyone pls reply

I guess you interviewed last year. Were you in the last batch (June)? Is that the reason why you feel so?
Anyways, I personally don't think out of the 3 batches any batch would get more preference.
All 3 batches must have equal chance of acceptance.

Did any of you not get a reply after you sent the email confirming the interview date? I still haven't got one. I left a message to Ms.Miller too. Should I be worried?

@dds04
no dont be worried she will send u a confirmation email and all details abt iv.give atleast a week or so.

@dds04
no dont be worried she will send u a confirmation email and all details abt iv.give atleast a week or so.

Thank you florarose. I am worried doz its been more then a week since I sent the confirmation besides Wednesday is the last day to confirm the interview.

she will reply...same thing happnd to me last yr. dont worry as long as u sent ur confirmation within time,wat date did u select?

Could you please explain the wax exercise part in details please, as I know we will get red and blue wax??? What we should do with those? Please any help is really appreciated .

How long do they take to roll out acceptances after the interviews are done? Is it worth the effort if someone is already accepted elsewhere for the term starting in summer?

How long do they take to roll out acceptances after the interviews are done? Is it worth the effort if someone is already accepted elsewhere for the term starting in summer?

Acceptances will be given in June all on the same day. So, you would have to decline the acceptance at the other and hope you get in Colorado or just go with the acceptance you already have.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush! You and the others who get in UC denver will probably graduate at the same time even with 3yrs in TU!;)

Does anyone have any idea till when colorado will be sending out invitation for interview and bench exam. Or they have finished inviting. Appreciate for your reply guys.

i got interview on next month23,if anybody got interview ,send mail or call to me so that we can share accomidation.

sandeep thota
314 651 6550