University of Colorado at Denver, ISP 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
are they sending any more interview invitations? or they are done inviting ppl for the last interview?
got invited yesterday for 6/16

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey den 25 and unprecedent....can u plz share ur stats...thanks

those done with interview, please tell me that there are three preparation and alloted time is three hours? is it correct?

those done with interview, please tell me that there are three preparation and alloted time is three hours? is it correct?
3 hours and Just 2 prep 1 is class 2 and the other is crown preparation and there is wax exercise where you had to prepare 3 figures using different types of wax good luck and prepare well:xf:

How many people does UC invite in total ?
Anyone who interviewed last month heard from the school ?

hey guys. i am new to the forum. i got the interview call for may 19th. i went through the previous posts for information on wax exercises. but can anyone who has had the interview please tell what exactly are those exercises? like, the circle, square and pencil shapes that we were supposed to make, what size are they, and how to go about making them and so on... it would be really helpful. thanks.!!!

hi, i have colarado interview on 18th may, looking for accommodation near the school campus, if any body have already done hotel reservation and willing for sharing accommodation pls let me know i'm intrested..([email protected])

hey guys. i am new to the forum. i got the interview call for may 19th. i went through the previous posts for information on wax exercises. but can anyone who has had the interview please tell what exactly are those exercises? like, the circle, square and pencil shapes that we were supposed to make, what size are they, and how to go about making them and so on... it would be really helpful. thanks.!!!

wen did u get interview call?

hi, i have colarado interview on 18th may, looking for accommodation near the school campus, if any body have already done hotel reservation and willing for sharing accommodation pls let me know i'm intrested..([email protected])

wen did u get interview call? n is it on 18th or 19th?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi, sorry it's not18th its on 19th may, i got interview call two months back..........

Hi,
I was in the first batch. Heres what the wax excerises were:

So with red wax you have to melt it in a circle which would already be drawn on the paper. I dunno what the exact size was maybe that of a ring. So you have to melt it in a way that its like raised in the middle and tapers off at the edges.Like how a dome shape would be.
The blue wax is where you have to make it two inch thick in height and again melt it in a form of O ring which again already is drawn on the paper given. Also they ask you to ensure that the height of the wax in relation to the paper on which it is melted is at 90 degrees.
For the green stick wax you would also be given already a picture and you have to carve it to exact length specifications given. You have to carve a box in the middle and make one end like the end of a sharpened pencil or crayon. so once you are done you tape it to the diagram given and make sure it matches it. Remember the green stick is looked at all around so its a three dimensional carving.

thanks a lot lahoriz. that is very helpful indeed. was just wondering if these exercises were the same for everyone or did people get different exercises?? also, can you tell me about the tooth cutting exercises that u got and any valuable tips u could give.. thanks a lot again..

Hi,
Everyone got the same exercises. Be sure to divide time wisely as wax takes time. For tooth prep we were caught off guard with MOL so I would suggesting prepping for MOB too atleast know how its made. Crown prep you cant close the mouth to check occlusion. so occlusal clearance you would check in relation to the adjacent tooth.
Rest practise practise as bench test crucial to admission.

Good luck:)

Hi, what do you mean I can't close the mouth ? can't I even rotate it ?

Hi,
Everyone got the same exercises. Be sure to divide time wisely as wax takes time. For tooth prep we were caught off guard with MOL so I would suggesting prepping for MOB too atleast know how its made. Crown prep you cant close the mouth to check occlusion. so occlusal clearance you would check in relation to the adjacent tooth.
Rest practise practise as bench test crucial to admission.

Good luck:)

You can rotate it. But the teeth donot occlude properly so u have to check the occlusal clearance looking at the adjacent teeth.

Thank you.

You can rotate it. But the teeth donot occlude properly so u have to check the occlusal clearance looking at the adjacent teeth.

hi
are u still looking for shared accomdation, i just got the interview call for may19th.

hey congrats fer the call..wen did u apply?n can u pls share ur stats?thanks n good luck..

anyone want to share accommodation for 19th may?

hey guys, does anyone know if anterior PFM are asked during bench test? i know that we need to practice lingual and buccal extensions for MO and DO class 2. also, can someone who is done with their interview post their experience....

anyone looking to share accomodation please let me know ASAP.. PM me

I have done hotel reservation for 19th may colarado interview, if any one interested in sharing accomidation, pls PM([email protected])

Last edited:
For the blue wax, did you mean 2 mm instead of (2 inch) thick (height) right? Thanks for the info

Hi,
I was in the first batch. Heres what the wax excerises were:

So with red wax you have to melt it in a circle which would already be drawn on the paper. I dunno what the exact size was maybe that of a ring. So you have to melt it in a way that its like raised in the middle and tapers off at the edges.Like how a dome shape would be.
The blue wax is where you have to make it two inch thick in height and again melt it in a form of O ring which again already is drawn on the paper given. Also they ask you to ensure that the height of the wax in relation to the paper on which it is melted is at 90 degrees.
For the green stick wax you would also be given already a picture and you have to carve it to exact length specifications given. You have to carve a box in the middle and make one end like the end of a sharpened pencil or crayon. so once you are done you tape it to the diagram given and make sure it matches it. Remember the green stick is looked at all around so its a three dimensional carving.

I have done hotel reservation for 19th may colarado interview, if any one interested in sharing accomidation, pls PM

do we have to involve oblique ridge too in cavity prep or we have to make 2 diff cavities one MO and other with palatal extension???

Yes you have to involve the oblique ridge, they will give you a paper with all the instructions.

Hello 2nd batch
hw was the interview and bench??

Will we be able to do the preps in direct vision (direct view and
Not using mouth mirror view) on the mannequin. Did anyone do so for the bench exam?

Congratulations to all those who have received interview call and Best of luck!
My interview is on the 16th June. I am a female and am looking for someone to share accommodation for the interview. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Thanks
Hi are you still looking for smeone to share the accomodation for 16th June?

I am a female, invited for interview on 16th June.
Anyone interested in sharing the accomodation?Pls reply

Hi everyone I got an invite today for june 16th.
Although I am happy I got the invitation, I have a few concerns:

I am pregnant and in my 8th month, I am worried if the airlines will allow me to travel or not. I would appreciate if someone who has been in a similar situation can help me out.

Also, for the one day of interview do we just have to be in scrubs for both the personal interview and hand skills exams, or, do we have to have a suit for the interview separately.

PLease any info will help me a lot.

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I just got my interview call for 6/16. I am really nervous can anyone tell me where to start from and what to do? What do they ask in the personal interviews and how to prepare oneself for the bench test? What precautions to be taken while taking the test?? please help..... need it desperately.

Anybody around bay area invited for UC Denver interview on 16th June?

I am a female, invited for interview on 16th June.
Anyone interested in sharing the accomodation?Pls reply

hey there... i have my interview on the same day. I am interested in sharing. If u are still looking let me know.

hey there... i have my interview on the same day. I am interested in sharing. If u are still looking let me know.

Hi, I am looking for a female to share accomodation, Would you be interested?

hi friends I got an interview call for june 16......anybody plz suggest me how to do preparation for bench exam.....thanks

Hi all,

I am being interviewed on 16th June. If any of you would like to share an accomodation with me, please respond.

Cheers!

hi Unprecedented.....congrats for interview.....do we need to pay any interview fees bcoz i didnt get fees request from them....also I want to know how r u doing preparation for bench exam

Hi Docs,
:help:
How did you check the occlusal reduction? or How are you going to check it?:ninja:
What are the dimensions for the lingual part?
thank you in advance:)

Aiming high,

Thank you. Congratulations to you too. Once you send a confirmation, they will send you an email regarding bench exam fees in couple of days. It's 200 USD payable to "University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine".

As far as preparation is concerned, I have set a unit at home (so that I can practise at my own mighty will, lol). You can buy the necessary stuff from ebay. Or else, if you have any dentist or dental school, who is willing to let you use their set-up, even better! Good luck.

Cheers!