University of Colorado at Denver, ISP 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi ,

I ordered the wax from this website http://www.henryschein.com/us-en/zahn/Default.aspx?did=zahn
You can look under rope wax for red wax to make alphabets and under inlay waxes for blue and green wax excercise. One thing green stick wax they show in the picture as sticks but come as chunks. You need green stick wax. Since I already got chunks I am just practicing carving with it.

Good luck:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

I am searching for site from where i can buy columbia teeth for cheap price. Any suggestion would be appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi

I am searching for site from where i can buy columbia teeth for cheap price. Any suggestion would be appreciated :)
they use kilgore teeth not columbia it is similar somehow but my advice for you try to get the kilgore to be more oriented and you can order it from kilgore website;)

I got my interview in June:)

HI congratulations for receiving a call letter.
Hey I have received my application status complete in the month of February. But, I am still awaiting for a call letter. Here are my stats nbde 86, toefl 96 and gpa 3.53 with a MPH degree and three months of US clinical experience.
I am just curious to know that is there any chance for me to receive a call letter? are my scores not sufficient enough to receive a call letter?
Thanks.

how many of u hav got interview in june?i applied just before deadline but havn't heard nething frm them..although they have encashed my application fee..wat r d chances f gettin call now?

Any female who wants to share accommodation for may 19 th interview Pls pm me..

Thanks.....

The score doesn't matter with them Mostly the achievements and the True good Recommendtion Letters matters most hope you got an email soon :xf:

Tooth Pharoh, what do you mean by "True good" recommendation letter?

Im looking for kilgore teeth for prepping for cheaper prices, any website to go with? Thanks.

So the first interview batch - April 21. is near.
All the best guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck to the guys interviewing on 21st april...I had a few questions bout the preps..
What's the best bur for a shoulder on PFM?? The exam info says "its optimally 1.5mm".Is it best with flat end cylindrical or 856 round end.
And does anyone have pictures of what exactly we need to carve with the green stick??

Hello 1st batch

pls share your interview experience

Hi there,
I was in first batch and for your information they changed everything this year for bench exam
metal crown prepration on lower molar
mo with lingual extension for maxillary first molar.
got blue wax to carve in pencil
pink wax to make a circle.
so, all i can say is try to prepare all extensions like lingual in upper lower molars. also practice for mo or do with buccal extensions.

Hello 1st batch

pls share your interview experience

so when u make lingual extension we have to make a class 2 on lingual as well?

hey same here...about to send papers in a week...what are your stats??
Hi,
I'm a new person in this forum, please help me!
Could you tell me how to apply the copies of your nbde report?
should you ask the ADA mail to you or the school you attend to ?
Does the CAAPID accept the copy of NBDE report ?:confused:

Thank you !

thanks patel81 for the info.
by metal crown you mean Full metal crown/ Full gold crown right?
So they mainly changed the wax exercises material.
Was PFM there? Also how was the interview?Group or they changed ??

I had interview on april 21th.Guys when Can we get our result :(

Because they told us that if we accepted at other schools,we could call them and asked them about acceptance

what do you mean ?? How can this affect their decision ?

It is not true,, they may only consider those who have extremely good scores compared to others in a way that in any case they will be accepted

I had interview on april 21th.Guys when Can we get our result :(

Last yr result was out by june 17. Anyways expect the results to be out before July 1st week at the latest. If u got in NYU - their classes start on may 29.

It does not affect your application.I mean if you accepted at NYU ,then you can call them and ask if you are accepted to colorado or not

Congratulations to all those who have received interview call and Best of luck!
My interview is on the 16th June. I am a female and am looking for someone to share accommodation for the interview. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Thanks

When did you get your interview call?

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

It's flat end cylindrical diamond bur

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

anybody waitlisted for interviews?

sorry sssdh, can i share the accomodation with you on 19 may

Hi there,
I was in first batch and for your information they changed everything this year for bench exam
so, all i can say is try to prepare all extensions like lingual in upper lower molars. also practice for mo or do with buccal extensions.

thanks for your input patel81, i would like to know if you used the electrid hand piece or the airdriven and if the airdriven has any water with it

Hi
I also got interview on 16th June. What kind of preparation you are doing?? How many students are there for an interview for that day?? What they ask in wax carving exam??

Last edited:
Hi
I also got interview on 16th June. What kind of preparation you are doing?? How many students are there for an interview for that day?? What they ask in wax carving exam??

hey congrats..!!when did u apply and when did u get d call?wat r ur stats??thank u in advance..and gud luck fer d interview..

Hi guyz,
I need help with the PFMs. The handout for colorado bench says the shoulder should be optimally 1.5mm.
Which is he best bur to achieve that. I use the 856-016 and I have a hard time angling it. If I use the flat-end cylinder the shoulder is kinda rough.
Any advise??

Hi!! Any one who got into NYU and waiting for Colorado result, please pm me
Thank you

got interview today for may 19 ......any female wants to share accommodation plz pm me

Last edited:
Hi guys !
I went for an interview on the 21st of april.
Interview- All the general questions are asked. The advice given to me was "sound passionate and motivated", be honest and thats exactly what i did. The bench exam is not that bad but plz plz plz time urself well. Even while practicing don give urself more than 40min for each prep. I wasnt mentally prepared to do the preps so fast. Give an 1:30min for 2 preps and 1:30 min for the waxing exercises. Trust me, Ull need that much time for the waxing exercises!
Another important thing. The Kilgore teeth donot occlude properly so plz think of some other way to check the clearance on ur crown prep. They dun give us ne options on the handpiece and we used the electric handpiece which is pretty heavy. All in all it was a great experience. Enjoy every bit of it ! Smile all the time and have a good time. The interviewers know and understand that u r nervous and I personally felt that they tried every bit to make me feel comfortable :)
All the very Best !!

Hi guys !
I went for an interview on the 21st of april.
Interview- All the general questions are asked. The advice given to me was "sound passionate and motivated", be honest and thats exactly what i did. The bench exam is not that bad but plz plz plz time urself well. Even while practicing don give urself more than 40min for each prep. I wasnt mentally prepared to do the preps so fast. Give an 1:30min for 2 preps and 1:30 min for the waxing exercises. Trust me, Ull need that much time for the waxing exercises!
Another important thing. The Kilgore teeth donot occlude properly so plz think of some other way to check the clearance on ur crown prep. They dun give us ne options on the handpiece and we used the electric handpiece which is pretty heavy. All in all it was a great experience. Enjoy every bit of it ! Smile all the time and have a good time. The interviewers know and understand that u r nervous and I personally felt that they tried every bit to make me feel comfortable :)
All the very Best !!

Thank you sooooooo much for sharing! Plz tell me more about the wax exercises! What type of wax and tool they provide? What exact tasks --- carving tooth or something else?

I got rejection from colorado. I think i am first lucky person for this.

I got rejection from colorado. I think i am first lucky person for this.

So sorry to hear that. The new apply cycle has began, keep trying! Good luck next time because you own the precious experience from this.

BTW, would you plz share some experience on the interview? How's the wax exercise like? Is it a wax-up or carving tooth or something else?

Thank you in advance.

COOL DENT

u got rejection after interview or without interview?

COOL DENT

u got rejection after interview or without interview?

I think it is without interview because On the previous page I was told that the results will be ready on July :confused:

are they sending any more interview invitations? or they are done inviting ppl for the last interview?

are they sending any more interview invitations? or they are done inviting ppl for the last interview?
I think they are almost done but they still can send till 2 weeks before the last batch of june :xf: