University of Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
by link I meant... FB group link.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone who interviewed at Jacksonville on 4/15/2011 heard back yet? im getting nervous:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed March 18th for Orlando and I still haven't heard back yet... this is getting unbearable. From what I understand, a good amount haven't either. I don't know what's going on with Orlando campus.

I interviewed March 18th for Orlando and I still haven't heard back yet... this is getting unbearable. From what I understand, a good amount haven't either. I don't know what's going on with Orlando campus.

For you guys that haven't heard back yet from the Orlando interview, I would e-mail or call Penny. I know that they are really backed up but you guys have waited a long time now, she should be able to give you some insight. I'm just saying this because some people from the March 18th interview have heard back so there might have been a mix up! Good luck!

Waiting this entire week might has well have been as long as 6 months lol. Trying to be patient to hear back but its tough.

what a relief! that was easy breezy and everyone made us (or at least me) feel very welcome. interview was like 10 minutes and the interviewers were very nice. the student ambassadors were awesome and answered any and all questions. now the waiting game begins!

regarding march 18th orlando date. my capstone group member pam went to that interview and heard back the next week i believe so try emailing. I imagine they'd send something out either way (in or not).

good luck everyone, and thank you all for the invaluable insight you've contributed!

Has anyone who completed the background check encounter a fee? I know a few people have asked this before but I still have not had to pay anything. However I am hearing from current students that they had to pay last year or a few years ago. So confused!!

Has anyone who completed the background check encounter a fee? I know a few people have asked this before but I still have not had to pay anything. However I am hearing from current students that they had to pay last year or a few years ago. So confused!!

The impression I got was that you only had to pay if you tried to do the background check before PharmCAS actually sends the request. Apparently, part of the base fee for the PharmCAS application includes the background check fee. I did not have to pay anything, but I waited to get an email from the company (Certphi or something like that) before I did anything.

I heard the same thing- I had a friend interview in Gainesville on a Friday and got an email the following Wed. I can tell I am getting my hopes up but I am trying not to think about it too much. Do you think it is possible they will wait until the second interview group goes so that all Jax people find out at the same time? That would make me sad lol

I heard back the thursday after i was interviewed, and i know a bunch of people who had to wait longer last year. so, i guess it just depends on how backed up the department is. and seeing how its finals on top of everything else, im thinking it might be a little longer than usual. but im hoping for the best for you guys! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know when we hear about the financial aid offer and the master promissory note, etc.? Also, (if anybody knows) what is the average offer?

Does anybody know when we hear about the financial aid offer and the master promissory note, etc.? Also, (if anybody knows) what is the average offer?

I'm not sure when we hear back, I think around july. I went to open house in the beginning of this year and the financial advisor said the max is $33,000.

Hello everyone, I have a random question concerning the background check. I don't know if anyone can answer it, but I didn't do it until after 10 days from receiving the conditional admit letter(I thought everything was due by July 1st) I completed it and everything but also didn't have to pay for anything, just wondering if this means I am now declined from UF... thanks for any input

Hello everyone, I have a random question concerning the background check. I don't know if anyone can answer it, but I didn't do it until after 10 days from receiving the conditional admit letter(I thought everything was due by July 1st) I completed it and everything but also didn't have to pay for anything, just wondering if this means I am now declined from UF... thanks for any input

I doubt it, there were many ppl I've spoke to who did not have to pay the fee either. I also called certiphi directly to make sure I was verified (since i was a bit paranoid not seeing a fee request anywhere). They were even able to tell me which schools utilized the report (UF was among one of the schools) so everything was fine.

Is there a Jacksonville FB group yet? :D

just got the email! accepted at UF-St. Pete campus! :D

Is there a deposit required after conditional acceptance?

Is there a deposit required after conditional acceptance?

I don't believe so. The acceptance letter does not say anything about a deposit and I never had to pay one!

And congrats on everyone's acceptances, wohoo!!

Last edited:
my friend wants to know if all rejection letters have been sent out. I think he applied in the summer 2010 and hasn't received any notice yet. So an interview is still a possibility I'm guessing?

I received my acceptance email. Now the paperwork begins!!!!:laugh:

Hey does anyone know if there are still more interviews at the St. Pete campus? A friend of mine is still waiting to hear back :/

FALL 2011 INTERVIEW DAYS
Gainesville Campus-1:30-4:30pm
Friday, April 22, 2011​
Jacksonville Campus-10:00am-3:00pm
Friday, April 15, 2011
Friday, May 6, 2011​
Orlando Campus-9:00am-1:00pm
Friday, April 22, 2011​
St. Petersburg Campus-9:00am-4:00pm
Monday, April 18, 2011
Monday, May 16, 2011​
*For applicants placed on the Alternate List, the interviews will be held at the Gainesville Campus on Friday, June 17, 2011 from 12:30-4:30pm for all four campuses.

Source.

Congrats to everyone accepted!

edit: just noticed the times are longer for the satellite schools. St. Pete's is from 9AM to 4PM wow

Hey does anyone know if there are still more interviews at the St. Pete campus? A friend of mine is still waiting to hear back :/

I still haven't heard anything. I know someone last year who got an invite in May. I also know someone who, a couple weeks ago, got a denial email. Since I haven't gotten either yet, I'm kind of just waiting.

the st. pete interview does not run that long. my interview on the 18th started at 9 and ended before noon.

Has anyone who interviewed this past Friday heard back yet?

I recently received an invitation to the interview at Jacksonville campus on May 6...So happy!! :p

But they also require me to take the TOEFL :( Do you know when is the deadline to send in the score? I would like take some timw to prepare for it. Now I am anxious :scared:

thanks for the reply rubisco and congrats to everyone who got accepted.

also good luck to those still waiting keep the hope alive.

Congrats!! Did you receive it this morning?

Thanks! E-mail came in around 8:30 in the morning! Penny must be working hard.

I'm sure you guys will hear back later today, if not Monday. Just enjoy the weekend, it's almost summer!

Thanks! E-mail came in around 8:30 in the morning! Penny must be working hard.

I'm sure you guys will hear back later today, if not Monday. Just enjoy the weekend, it's almost summer!

i sure hope so! the suspense is killing me. probably isnt a minute that goes by that i dont think about it, lol. congrats again on your acceptance and hopefully we'll be your distant-learning colleagues!

YAY to all of the Orlando acceptances....our group is getting so big :) Can't wait to meet everyone!!!

I received my conditional acceptance this morning! What a relief!!:banana: