University of Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Conditional acceptance letter received :love:

Members don't see this ad.

So it's now been at least a week since any interviews have been held. I'm curious as to how many on here have interviewed but still haven't heard any response back? I, for one, fall into this category. Right now I keep hearing Tom Petty's 'The Waiting is the hardest part' play over and over in my head. Haha. Dont you just love the anticipation? :rolleyes: Ugh..

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone on being accepted!!

I was wondering if someone could help me out. In the conditional acceptance letter, there's a decision form that you have to email back. Whenever I view the message, the formatting is messed up with weird characters. I was able to make out most of it (like putting the date, ID), but I can't make out what we're supposed to put next to our plan to enroll for next year. Our initials?

Thanks for your help! If this shouldn't be discussed here, please PM me with the information.

I was wondering if someone could help me out. In the conditional acceptance letter, there's a decision form that you have to email back. Whenever I view the message, the formatting is messed up with weird characters. I was able to make out most of it (like putting the date, ID), but I can't make out what we're supposed to put next to our plan to enroll for next year. Our initials?

I just put a big X next to the plans for next year.

congrats everyone! we're gonna have a great class across all campuses!

congrats to all accepted! has anyone received any scholarships, if you don't mind saying so? just curious if uf typically offers any. thanks!

Does anyone have a mac or know any current pharm students who have one? The operating system for our computer requirements is windows...and I was just wondering if students are using bootcamp or another program. Any input would be great!! Thanks!

congrats to all accepted! has anyone received any scholarships, if you don't mind saying so? just curious if uf typically offers any. thanks!

in the acceptance email it states we will receive info for scholarships and how to apply for them in july.

I was just looking on the American Heart Association website to see about taking a CPR course near me and there are so many different kinds of courses. Is it best to take the "Heartsaver CPR/AED course?" I thought we weren't really considered health care professionals yet but one of the websites that is linked to the AHA website said something about students in the health care professionals course.

I was just looking on the American Heart Association website to see about taking a CPR course near me and there are so many different kinds of courses. Is it best to take the "Heartsaver CPR/AED course?" I thought we weren't really considered health care professionals yet but one of the websites that is linked to the AHA website said something about students in the health care professionals course.

Well I talked to a few current pharm students and they told me that as long as you get certified for adult and child cpr it doesn't matter which course you take! There are so many, so my plan is to take the cheapest and shortest one that gives me adult and child cpr haha. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
So it's now been at least a week since any interviews have been held. I'm curious as to how many on here have interviewed but still haven't heard any response back? I, for one, fall into this category. Right now I keep hearing Tom Petty's 'The Waiting is the hardest part' play over and over in my head. Haha. Dont you just love the anticipation? :rolleyes: Ugh..

So nobody else?

anyone receive any recent interview invites to the St. Pete campus?

anyone receive any recent interview invites to the St. Pete campus?
Well I just got an interview invite for Gainesville for Friday the 13th, which I think was not in the interview dates schedule before so maybe yours is coming soon....I'm so happy that I got an interview invite.

naww i just went to UF website. It shows there are few interview dates were added...I wonder why?

Well I just got an interview invite for Gainesville for Friday the 13th, which I think was not in the interview dates schedule before so maybe yours is coming soon....I'm so happy that I got an interview invite.

CONGRATS!! And you were so worried, everything turned out great. Good luck!!

Hey, I was conditionally accepted to UF COP Orlando campus class of 2015! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I was wondering if there was a facebook group formed yet, since I couldn't seem to find any. Also, for anyone already attending, does anyone know any good apartments in the area. I just finished at UCF so I live there, but I figure that's a little far to drive.

Hey, I was conditionally accepted to UF COP Orlando campus class of 2015! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I was wondering if there was a facebook group formed yet, since I couldn't seem to find any. Also, for anyone already attending, does anyone know any good apartments in the area. I just finished at UCF so I live there, but I figure that's a little far to drive.

Yes we do have a facebook group started, here is the link...
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_200381119994833

In the group there are some 1 and 2pds that have given some advice on apartments, so once you join you can discuss it more with us!! Congrats on your acceptance future classmate!

YAY! Congrats! :)

Does anyone know if UF will deny you if you reply after the 10day grace period?

Does anyone know if UF will deny you if you reply after the 10day grace period?

I don't know when you received your conditional admit, but you have 10 business days. Just thought I would bring that to your attention if you thought it was just 10 days. :)

Ok it just hit me my interview is in 2 days...... I am so exited all of a sudden !!!! I really hope I get in :D....anyone else interviewing at Gainesville Friday the 13th !?

I don't know when you received your conditional admit, but you have 10 business days. Just thought I would bring that to your attention if you thought it was just 10 days. :)
Oh that makes a big difference!!! I guess I made the deadline then. I received my letter on the 28th of april. Thank you!! You were definitely helpful.

congrats to everyone accepted and interviewing! if you've been accepted to the orlando campus join our facebook group!

Conditional acceptance letter received!! :love: after only 2 days:D

I just got an email saying that I have been placed on the alternate list. Does anyone know how many people are generally on their alt list? I have never heard of anyone being accepted from their alt list, because the people who are accepted typically end up going there. Am I wrong? Thanks and Congrats to those accepted!

TiffPharmD-

I have a friend who was accepted from their alternate list 2 years ago...she didn't find out she was accepted until less than a week before school started. So it is possible! Good luck!!

TiffPharmD-

I have a friend who was accepted from their alternate list 2 years ago...she didn't find out she was accepted until less than a week before school started. So it is possible! Good luck!!

Sheesh! Ok, thanks!

I have been reading these posts all day as the wait is horrible. I interviewed SP campus on May16, I hope to hear soon waking up at 2 a.m. every night is getting old....

How do you know if you were placed on the alternate list? I received an email today for an interview that said it was for June 17, the day of the alternate interviews, but it also said it was going to be held at the Jacksonville campus. If I understand correctly the alternate interviews are supposed to be held in Gainesville. I'm confused.:confused:

If you were at the May 16th interview in St. Pete, have you heard back yet? I know it has only been 4 days, but I have been hoping to hear back by now... so very very anxious

Completed and sent my conditional acceptance paperwork last friday. Has anyone who submitted paperwork had confirmation by Penny? Just curious; I know they're still busy with interview junk.

PS: Congrats to those accepted recently!

Last edited:
Just got my UF conditional acceptance!!!! Of course now I don't have to move to Savannah in two days and I can stay right here and kick some competition at a horse show this weekend! Dreams do come true! :love::love::love::love:

BTW, the e-mail didn't go through properly so I called and they re-sent it!! :laugh:

Just got my UF conditional acceptance!!!! Of course now I don't have to move to Savannah in two days and I can stay right here and kick some competition at a horse show this weekend! Dreams do come true! :love::love::love::love:

BTW, the e-mail didn't go through properly so I called and they re-sent it!! :laugh:

Congrats, glad to hear people are still getting accepted! Be sure to add yourself to your campuses group on facebook! We also have a 1pd survival guide group and a group for all 4 campuses to interact! Congrats, again.

Congrats, glad to hear people are still getting accepted! Be sure to add yourself to your campuses group on facebook! We also have a 1pd survival guide group and a group for all 4 campuses to interact! Congrats, again.

Great! I will add myself to the facebook group, should I just do Orlando or Orlando and another for all campuses?

Where can I join the 1pd survival guide group and group for all 4 campuses? Is that facebook related too?
:thumbup: Thank you!

Did I mention WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M A GATOR. :love: I can't wait to deliver Infectious Diseases Antibiotic Infusion Therapy to Floridians for years to come. :D (And work on all these new fantastic HIV Clinical trials! There is so much progress it is beautiful!)