University of Georgia COP c/o 2020 (Entering Fall 2016)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When are you scheduling your interview? We might get in same session since we both just got invites!

Yea probably. On the 18th. How about you?

Members don't see this ad.

I had options for 12th, 17th and 18th.. but most likely going for the earliest just because I'm impatient. Good luck at the interview.

Thank you, good luck to you too. :) I couldn't pick the earliest because of work conflict so had to pick a flexible day, work wise.

Members don't see this ad :)
How did everyone prepare interview?

Ladies what are you guys planning on wearing on interview day?

Hey @rxuga2016 ! I had my interview a couple of weeks ago and I wore a pant suit.
how was your interview? I have mine on Thursday this week and I am so nervous. Do you go to UGA? Can I ask you something if you do? Should I get off the bus at plant sciences bus stop or geoegia center bus stop? I know it's only one stop away but I will be in heels which I am not really used to...

Ladies what are you guys planning on wearing on interview day?

I am planning to wear a pant suit. It would probably be too cold for a skirt. I am going to have a hard time walking in heels too. I'll probably carry a pair of flats in my purse just in case the walk to the pharmacy building is long. Don't want to get there all frazzled. Lol. After that I'll manage in heels. I'll have to.

how was your interview? I have mine on Thursday this week and I am so nervous. Do you go to UGA? Can I ask you something if you do? Should I get off the bus at plant sciences bus stop or geoegia center bus stop? I know it's only one stop away but I will be in heels which I am not really used to...

It went really well. Dr. Wolfgang is so friendly -- just relax. The interview is very conversational.

I don't go to UGA. I got my mother to drop me off in the parking lot near the Wilson Pharmacy Building.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
I was offered an interview but for out of state students it's $50k a year... Any way to get instate?

Members don't see this ad :)
@jenchem How was the interview? Anything you would recommend doing beforehand? Mine is this week

I was offered an interview but for out of state students it's $50k a year... Any way to get instate?

Have you and/or your parent live in the state of Georgia for a year before matriculating...and have state income tax documentation as proof.

@jenchem How was the interview? Anything you would recommend doing beforehand? Mine is this week

Be confident in your responses and just relax. I would read over the documents that Ms. Herda sent about the 2+2 program, so you know what questions to ask before you rank the locations.

Does of you who have already interviewed at UGA, do you all remember exactly when Dr. Wolfgang said they will be accepting small number of applicants? I totally forgot what he said..

Does of you who have already interviewed at UGA, do you all remember exactly when Dr. Wolfgang said they will be accepting small number of applicants? I totally forgot what he said..

I believe they mail acceptances in late November/early December.

He said early December.

Has anyone heard back yet?
I interviewed Nov. 11

Sorry to ask again but has anyone heard back? I can't take the wait anymore!

Not yet :(
Anxiously waiting, but they should be sending letters next week I think

Did everyone see the Facebook update?

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1448798090.694731.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
That was posted 13 hours ago? So those in GA would get it Monday or so? Oh god now I'm even more anxious lol.

Thanks for posting that jenchem. At least we will know next week for sure.

It was posted at 8 last night. Hopefully we'll hear within the next couple of days.

just got my acceptance letter!!

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks! Yes my first choice!

Reactions: 2 users
It is my first choice also, hopefully we'll be classmates :)

Reactions: 1 users
WAt other school yous apply to

I didn't yet.. My permanent address is about an hour away from Athens.. so kind of freaking out :(

I didn't yet.. My permanent address is about an hour away from Athens.. so kind of freaking out :(

Yeah. I live an hour and half away from Athensso I'm panicking as well since UGA is my first choice. I just hope the mail is slow because of holiday season or something

Let's all pray that it's just USPS being slow... I keep frantically searching for mail time calculator, it keeps saying it should take about 1-3 buisness days.. today is 2nd business day.

@jenchem do you live close to athens?

I live in Savannah, but I still thought it would be here by today. It's probably just slower this time of year. My mail usually arrives between 12:30 and 1:00, and it has been coming at 5:00! Fingers crossed we get our acceptances tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users
I am also from Savannah @jenchem, but I got to school in Macon. Where did you all choose for the 2+2 program?

I am also from Savannah @jenchem, but I got to school in Macon. Where did you all choose for the 2+2 program?

Well I'm really from Richmond Hill, but I go to school and work in Savannah. I chose Athens for third year. How about you?

haha no way I went to RHMS and RHHS, small world. I chose Savannah.

Wow! Yeah I went to RHMS/RHHS as well. I graduated in 2013. I chose Savannah as my second option.

I've been looking on the SDN forums for awhile as well as following this, but I got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday and UGA is my first choice!! Looking forward to seeing everyone in the fall! Also I live in Athens which is why I got my letter so quickly

I've been looking on the SDN forums for awhile as well as following this, but I got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday and UGA is my first choice!! Looking forward to seeing everyone in the fall! Also I live in Athens which is why I got my letter so quickly

Congrats!

Congratulations!