University of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LVT2DVM- I hope you get great news today, we're all rootin' for ya!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

shamrock.jpg

GOOD LUCK !!

Ha...sorry to steal your thunder there, philo....was working on my post as I guess you were posting yours! CONGRATS to you too on your acceptance!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
NADA (no mail). Did I mention, Im like the most impatient person in the....world .

Thanks for the good luck wishes....looks like it will be a St. Patricks Day delivery. (Same day as last year, but hopefully not the same message.):D

NADA (no mail). Did I mention, Im like the most impatient person in the....world .

Thanks for the good luck wishes....looks like it will be a St. Patricks Day delivery. (Same day as last year, but hopefully not the same message.):D

OMG!!! I have been checking this thing ALLLLL day waiting for you!!! Who can we call at your post office to complain.....SHEESH!
Oh well...luck of the Irish to you then......til tomorrow......

GOOD LUCK:luck:

LOL! Its like an SDN Soap Opera. Welp, I will save you some anxiety, Tomarrow, I have to work all day until 6pm. So, I wont know anything at least 6:30.

The good news will come tomorrow. Keep that head up, T! GOOD LUCK!:luck:

:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Here's to a good for you LVT2DVM

I am not even remotely religious and I am PRAYING over here for you, LVT. I want this for you so badly! Good luck!!

And the waiting continues...still no mail. I guess my decision is officially MIA. Im sending UGA an email tonight to see if they can messenger out another one. I know they wont tell applicants by phone, so no bother calling. At this rate, my UGA insider may let me know when they post the list on the admissions door later this week. Sorry guys! Im dying over here too. I cant believe this is happening. :(

LVT2DVM-I have been keeping updated with your waiting even though I didn't even apply to uga! lol i know stalkerish. Just wanted to stop by and say I feel your pain on the waiting thing. I've been expecting a letter for days and nothing, even though I got a letter from clear across the country that was sent the same day! Here's hoping tomorrow ends our anticipation! Good luck:luck::luck::luck:

I finally got my letter today... I'm going back to Athens for vet school. :D
w00t!

Members don't see this ad :)
atlganon: IS; ref not called; ACCEPTED
Aquavet14: IS; ref contacted 2/26, ALTERNATE
copticvet9: IS; one ref contacted; ACCEPTED
GACowgirl: IS; ref. contact unknown; ?
lenmaca: IS; one ref contacted; ACCEPTED
Spyisis: IS; ref. called earlier this week; Rejected
turkeytalk: IS; ref contacted on Thursday 3/5; ACCEPTED
Veridianbunny: IS; ref called on Thursday 2/26; ALTERNATE
abbie302:OSS DE Contract; ref contact unknown ?
LVT2DVM: OSS DE Contract; ref called on Monday 3/09 ?
BayleeVet2B: OOS, SC Contract, ref contact unknown;ACCEPTED
DemosthenesUSC: OOS, SC Contract, ref contact unknown;ALTERNATE
Yorkielover: OOS SC Contract, red contacted ACCEPTED

we're still rooting for you, LVT! :luck::luck::luck:

YAY!!!!!! Congratulations, TurkeyTalk!!!:soexcited::claps::biglove:I'm so happy for you.

Lurker here. I've read through this forum a bit and now I am even rooting for LVT2DVM and I don't even know you! :) Any news today? Good luck :luck:

I finally got my letter today... I'm going back to Athens for vet school. :D
w00t!

Congrats, Turkeytalk! See I think they saw your improvements from last year and HAD to let you in! I'm hoping I'm high on the alternate list, but who knows. The lady who answered the phone in admissions said they might not tell us this year. :( More anguish! I am very, very happy for you, though!

The lady who answered the phone in admissions said they might not tell us this year. :( More anguish!

What do you mean!?!?! How are we supposed to make decisions off of that??!!!

Oh dear - I better call soon....What exactly did she say

abbie302:OSS DE Contract; ref contact unknown ALTERNATE
LVT2DVM: OSS DE Contract; ref called on Monday 3/09 REJECTED

Got my letter yesterday after a horrible 12 hour shift at work. March 18th is officially my unluckiest day ever. I know everyone was rooting for me, but realistically I knew it was a long shot. I spoke to abbie302 and she is the DE alternate (they only pick one) so I updated her status too. Congrats to everyone who made it...make it count!

Sal14
: IS; ref contact unknown; ACCEPTED

if i start a facebook group will you guys join?

:( I'm SO sorry LVT2DVM....so sorry.:thumbdown:

:( oh no, LVT!

I just don't know how you get through it. Your resolve is an inspiration to us all.

:( oh no, LVT!

I just don't know how you get through it. Your resolve is an inspiration to us all.

Thanks projekt.

I dont know...my resolve is pretty much on empty at this point.

I really dont know what else to do. Short of a GRE miracle, my choices are down to moving to GA or giving up. Of course we tried to move last year but we couldnt sell our house (damm economy). And moving does not equal an automatic acceptance, Im sure any ISS will attest. :confused::mad::oops: and frustrated.

Even though you know it's a long shot, it still hurts.
You know I'm here for you, if you want to talk.

Thanks projekt.

I dont know...my resolve is pretty much on empty at this point.

I really dont know what else to do. Short of a GRE miracle, my choices are down to moving to GA or giving up. Of course we tried to move last year but we couldnt sell our house (damm economy). And moving does not equal an automatic acceptance, Im sure any ISS will attest. :confused::mad::oops: and frustrated.

I'm proud of you, too, LVT2DVM! I think it takes immeasurable courage and stamina to keep going. Heck, I've been put on a wait-list and I feel down and kind of want to give up. I really believe if you have a dream and you don't give it up it will come true. Maybe not in the way that you thought or hoped that it would, but eventually you will become who you were meant to be. :)

:lame:

I'm sorry, LVT. I really hoped we would be classmates. :(

I don't mean to diminish the sadness I feel for LVT, but I also don't want to ignore everyone's kindness. Thanks everyone for your "congratulations"es.

:)xf: for those on the waitlist and :thumbup: to the facebook group)

Sorry LTV... bummer. Don't give up!

To those who were lucky enough to make it this year...
I made a facebook group! UGA Vet Class 2013.
Join! Now! I want to see who my classmates are going to be!:rolleyes:

Wow, LVT--sorry just doesn't cut it. I don't even know what to say....:(

I don't know what to say, either, LVT2DVM... just :(

Is anyone planning on going to the Open House April 3rd? I thought it might be a good time to come look around for housing, talk to financial aid people (maybe)...etc.... Just wondered if anybody else going to be there!

Ill prob go a little early before my 1:25 class thats in the vet building and check it out...

My friend who's in Alpha Psi wanted me to let you all know that you are invited to the Alpha Psi house after the open house on Friday April 3 for an oyster roast.

Omega Tau Sigma is also having a party, and they traditionally do "Fight Night" where they set up a boxing ring and have big-glove boxing. The houses are right next door to each other so it's easy to go to both parties.

If you're curious, you probably got invitations in your acceptance packets.

It's a good chance to meet the upperclassmen :)

BTW, if you're on the Class of 2013 Facebook page, please let them know this information as well.

For anyone who's going to the open house. They usually have a info sheet detailing the incoming classes stats if you ask. Could someone pick that up for me if they have 'em. It takes UGA so long to post that info on their webpage each year. Im always curious who my competition was. :p

For anyone who's going to the open house. They usually have a info sheet detailing the incoming classes stats if you ask. Could someone pick that up for me if they have 'em. It takes UGA so long to post that info on their webpage each year. Im always curious who my competition was. :p

I would be more than happy to LVT! Just PM me your address and I'll drop it in the mail to you, or I can scan it and email it, whatever you prefer

Hey everyone! I received a call today from UGA informing me that I have moved off of the alternate list, and have been offered a slot for this year's class. I am really excited to meet everyone in the coming months. I have been jumping up and down all day, so I figured I've finally come down enough to post.

Congratulations!! We're looking forward to meeting you, too. Don't forget to join the facebook group, and see you at orientation!

Hey everyone! I received a call today from UGA informing me that I have moved off of the alternate list, and have been offered a slot for this year's class. I am really excited to meet everyone in the coming months. I have been jumping up and down all day, so I figured I've finally come down enough to post.

OMG!!! I'M SOOOO excited for you!!!!! YIPPEEEEE!!!!!:D

GACowgirl: IS; ref. contact unknown; Rejected
Sal14
: IS; ref contact unknown; ACCEPTED

Wow that was a hole blown in my foot! o-well!! life moves on!! no wait...my life is still on hold...wait listed at UTK...so maybe instead of red and black...I can go for some true orange!! Hey congrats to all of you who got accepted!..I know I am extremely late! Also, good luck to you alternates! And to those of us that were rejects....Cheers!!:D

Went to the Open House at UGA today....LOVED IT! Everybody was so nice and welcoming. Met Lenmaca!! Got T-shirts for the whole family!
GO DAWGS!!!

PS: sorry LVT2DVM...didn't find a paper with the stats of this years class. They did say the had a decrease in number of applicants, average GPA in-state 3.5.

Last edited:
Did you see me? I was running the anatomy display in the afternoon. :)

Did you see me? I was running the anatomy display in the afternoon. :)

We went in the morning and then looked at places to live in the afternoon. Sorry I missed you! Went to the 10am Q&A session for a little while, went in the library and met several of the students at the displays...Mason was very enthusiastic about UGA :)...met another girl from SC (class of 2011 i think)...shook hands with Malik and had my picture taken! Bought T-shirts, Geoff (class of 2011) took us upstairs to the freshman lecture hall (very nice!)...saw the anatomy lab. Skipped the tour of the hospital because there was a bizillion little kids!! Very impressed with the entire CVM, students and the campus!

I heard a rumor that UGA increased its class size this year to 110. Has anyone else heard anything?

I haven't heard that. We currently do not have room in the Sophomore room for 110. In the future, they want 140, with a larger contribution from SC.

I heard a rumor that UGA increased its class size this year to 110. Has anyone else heard anything?

One of the second year students told us at the Open House that UGA only takes 97 because there are only 97 chairs in the one lecture hall!:)

One of the second year students told us at the Open House that UGA only takes 97 because there are only 97 chairs in the one lecture hall!:)

Haha, wow. Is there a row just for the leftys? :D