University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've found some beautiful 2-3 bedroom houses for rent. I'd really like to start considering a roommate because there is no way I can afford $1200 rent by myself!
Post or PM me some links, if you're able. I just realized that I went a full week without starting to look for a place to live, haha.

Last night I could not sleep at all. I'm so freaked out about the money. Hopefully I'll get some sleep during our 4 years...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Haha so apparently, no landlords like to have ferrets staying in their properties.

How super :smack::help:

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone give me a peace of mind regarding tornadoes?

Sincerely,
The Northeasterner From Philly

I thought you were buying a place??

I am looking into buying as well but so far nothing has come up plausible once I have gone out there and looked in person. Everything I looked at would be nearly impossible to sell once I am done with it or requires a lot of work. Unfortunately it looks like I may be stuck renting

Can anyone give me a peace of mind regarding tornadoes?

Sincerely,
The Northeasterner From Philly

Well I can attempt to lol. I have lived in Illinois all of my life. Tornadoes are a definite possibility and, because of this, many (if not all) buildings have some sort of tornado-safe area. I personally have never witnessed a tornado. They aren't as common as say Tornado Valley, but they happen. Having the fear of tornadoes in Illinois would be similar to me fearing hurricanes on the east coast or earthquakes and wildfires on the west coast. However, this is only my personal opinion.

Sent in my deposit yesterday!! So excited!!

Reactions: 2 users
So the financial aid letter... I'm 90% sure we were never given an ID number in our acceptance letters (unless I'm a complete idiot and just can't find it), so how do we access it?

Reactions: 1 users
So the financial aid letter... I'm 90% sure we were never given an ID number in our acceptance letters (unless I'm a complete idiot and just can't find it), so how do we access it?

I am trying to figure this out as well. Anybody have any ideas?

Annnd now I'm going in circles on every website possible haha. They want info I don't have to be able to access the info I don't have.

Members don't see this ad :)
Annnd now I'm going in circles on every website possible haha. They want info I don't have to be able to access the info I don't have.
Did that for a good 20 minutes before I gave up. Hopefully we get the necessary information from them soon, otherwise I'll probably call at some point.

The Enterprise ID or "Net ID" is the same thing as your school email address (without the domain name), so if you went to Illinois for undergrad and already have an Illinois email address, then you can access your financial aid info with that ID. If not, I would assume you have to wait until the school assigns you a Net ID, which will hopefully be soon!

You'll get your UIN eventually. I had the same concern 2 years ago when I was trying to get my finances in order but I didn't attend UIUC for undergrad. It will all work out, guys! :)

Finally accepted my IS place today. I was nervous, trying to make a decision between schools but now officially Illinois class of 2019! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Whoops - could someone PM me or post here what address to send the acceptance form and check to? I believe it came with a pre-addressed envelope - which I seem to have lost ._.

Whoops - could someone PM me or post here what address to send the acceptance form and check to? I believe it came with a pre-addressed envelope - which I seem to have lost ._.
University of Illinois
College of Veterinary Medicine
2271G VMBSB
2001 South Lincoln Avenue
Urbana, Illinois 61802

This is where your transcripts should be sent as well!

University of Illinois
College of Veterinary Medicine
2271G VMBSB
2001 South Lincoln Avenue
Urbana, Illinois 61802

This is where your transcripts should be sent as well!
Thank you!! :)

I am trying to figure this out as well. Anybody have any ideas?
You'll get more letters after you accept that will have your student ID number and everything you'll need to access your financial aid information.

You'll get more letters after you accept that will have your student ID number and everything you'll need to access your financial aid information.
Is this what we will be getting in May??

Not only have I formally submitted by deposit, but my portal shows I have formally accepted my place

IS THIS REAL LIFE?!?!?!

giphy.gif

Oh! And anyone interested in rooming with a super nerd (think Doctor Who, Sherlock, Harry Potter, Avengers, the whole 9 yards) who has three absolutely wonderful and adorable and well behaved Havanese?

Oh! And anyone interested in rooming with a super nerd (think Doctor Who, Sherlock, Harry Potter, Avengers, the whole 9 yards) who has three absolutely wonderful and adorable and well behaved Havanese?
All of those things are my favorite things too! Unfortunately my cat hates dogs. Haven't made a final decision yet, but if we're both at Illinois, we should probably meet up....just saying....

well the 15th is next week, hopefully good news is on the way to some of us!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm declining my IS acceptance so hopefully my seat goes to someone here that's waiting!

For those of you who already sent in your deposit and acceptance confirmation form...how long did it take for them to update your status page? I'm just obsessive and want to make sure they get it by April 15th even though it just has to be postmarked by then haha. I sent it last Thursday but it hasn't been updated yet.

For those of you who already sent in your deposit and acceptance confirmation form...how long did it take for them to update your status page? I'm just obsessive and want to make sure they get it by April 15th even though it just has to be postmarked by then haha. I sent it last Thursday but it hasn't been updated yet.

It took about 10 days for mine to update

I sent mine in on the 1st and it didn't get updated until the 7th

I saw that! I think it's the one they have that anyone can join, but I think there's going to be a closed group just for the class of 2019 (at least that's what I've deduced by stalking past class years facebook pages haha)

So I was just curious, what is everyone's absolute max for rent?

I am looking into purchasing a condo, it has 3 bedrooms 1 1/2 bath, lots of space, in a nice neighborhood, only 2 other units so it is pretty quiet, all outdoor responsibilities are done by the home owners association (so we only have to take care of the interior), w/d, garbage disposal, dishwasher, a garage, central air and forced air, 2 stories, 2 miles from the vet med building (6min drive), and right off the bus route. Only allowed to have two unrelated renters, so if you have a brother/sister/kid/married/etc that wouldn't mind living with another person, everything could be split between 3 people.

The rent would be about $600 + HOA fees and utilities (split between 2).

So I was just curious, what is everyone's absolute max for rent?

I am looking into purchasing a condo, it has 3 bedrooms 1 1/2 bath, lots of space, in a nice neighborhood, only 2 other units so it is pretty quiet, all outdoor responsibilities are done by the home owners association (so we only have to take care of the interior), w/d, garbage disposal, dishwasher, a garage, central air and forced air, 2 stories, 2 miles from the vet med building (6min drive), and right off the bus route. Only allowed to have two unrelated renters, so if you have a brother/sister/kid/married/etc that wouldn't mind living with another person, everything could be split between 3 people.

The rent would be about $600 + HOA fees and utilities (split between 2).
Pet friendly?

Currently putting together a spreadsheet of pet friendly apartments within a 20min biking distance. This is stressing me out so badly! :boom:

According to the FB page, we should be getting UIN info soon. Mailed on Monday!

Reactions: 3 users
anyone have info about waitlist? Is there a deadline for when we would hear back?

anyone have info about waitlist? Is there a deadline for when we would hear back?
Waitlists usually start moving around the national deadline to accept (so today :)). There really is no "deadline" for hearing back though. You could be called tomorrow, or in late May, or even a week before school starts. It all depends on how fast they fill their class.

Waitlists usually start moving around the national deadline to accept (so today :)). There really is no "deadline" for hearing back though. You could be called tomorrow, or in late May, or even a week before school starts. It all depends on how fast they fill their class.
oh man that's a lot of uncertainty! thanks for the info

Does anyone know what kind of internet service is best in Champaign?

So.... since we're actually going to be classmates, does anyone want to connect on Facebook? Should I start a group PM where we could exchange RL/Facebook names?

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know what kind of internet service is best in Champaign?
It depends where you live. There are comcast, pavlov, and AT&T and probably some others. Fiber optic internet might be in range but I'm not sure where all that is yet.

I'm an undergrad here now and comcast is the main one for cable/internet on campus. Not sure what will be in range for many of the off-campus areas though.

Oh so here is my 'budget' that I made to help determine my rent situation. I guessed high on all of the figures and made them assuming that I am living alone (which I won't be). So in reality my bills would be lower and my max rent would be higher, especially if I am living with roommates.

Water/trash- $60/month
Electricity- $200/month
Internet- $50/month
Grocery- $100/ month
Ferret (Pets)- $100/ month
Misc- $40/month
Car Gas- $50/month
Campus Parking- $660/year
Total- $7,740/ year
Living Expenses – Total = Total rent for a year- $8,240
Max Rent/ month- $686.67/month

Let me know if you have any questions or if I should add anything to this.
*Edited*

Last edited: