University of Illinois c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys if anyone is interested in leasing this house by Vetmed with me, send me a message. It's $600 a month (and that's including ALL utilities) per person for four people, It's right next to the vet school, and that's a major plus because you are literally so close you could just walk to school! Fully furnished, pet friendly with enough space for dogs, huge rooms, parking space included, lots of natural light, and that price is unbeatable especially in this awesome area, so let me know soon because I'm worried it's not gonna be available long, If you are in the area, I'm gonna go view it on Tuesday let me know if you wanna come with!

http://chambana.craigslist.org/roo/5520010377.html

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I am also looking for a roommate/roommates for the fall. I would definitely be interested in looking into a few places with you if you are still looking for people!
I've found some housing options on Zillow that look really nice. pet friendly, fenced in yard. some closer to campus than others.

Does anyone know when we get our University Identification number to log into the Office of student financial aid website?
I just looked mine up by going to U of I's website and searching "how to find my UIN number." Then it is the first link and will ask for your name and SS number. That is how I found mine, but yours may not be available yet. I am still not sure how to get the activation code, but I assume they will send that to us shortly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just applied for housing at The Place in the 4bed 4bath. Anyone else closing in on their housing decisions?

I'm going to call The Place tomorrow and put my name down for 4 bed/4 bath.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to call The Place tomorrow and put my name down for 4 bed/4 bath.
If you want to give them my name as a referral....I think I get a rent deduction for the next month :D

I just looked mine up by going to U of I's website and searching "how to find my UIN number." Then it is the first link and will ask for your name and SS number. That is how I found mine, but yours may not be available yet. I am still not sure how to get the activation code, but I assume they will send that to us shortly.

Do you mind sending the link you used? The one I found asks for S/S and bday and I am having no success.

Do you mind sending the link you used? The one I found asks for S/S and bday and I am having no success.

It will only give you your UIN but you still have to have your activation code. I called the school of vet med and they told me that they don't deal with that, so to maybe call the financial aid office. I'm assuming it will be emailed out soon or mailed out. I'm glad that others posted this.. I sat for three hours yesterday trying to figure out how to find it and thinking that I lost some important email or letter.

It will honestly probably be easiest for us to all sit tight. It's entirely possible they haven't filled the class yet and are going to wait until they get closer to a filled class.

It will honestly probably be easiest for us to all sit tight. It's entirely possible they haven't filled the class yet and are going to wait until they get closer to a filled class.
It will only give you your UIN but you still have to have your activation code. I called the school of vet med and they told me that they don't deal with that, so to maybe call the financial aid office. I'm assuming it will be emailed out soon or mailed out. I'm glad that others posted this.. I sat for three hours yesterday trying to figure out how to find it and thinking that I lost some important email or letter.
I also remember trying to get my school accounts in order being a huge P.I.T.A. for me but I don't remember why. For students new to the system (as in they weren't in undergrad at UIUC), it took longer too.

Officially signed for The Place. Put coed for roommates and noted would be fine with dogs (allergic to cats). We'll see where this goes.

Is this the place you went? I havent had any luck with this. https://www.icardnet.uillinois.edu/appPublicWebsite/secure/uinFind.cfm

Members don't see this ad :)
So I called U of I admissions office and they said that they had a little mix up between the departments and that the financial aid letters were sent ahead of schedule but the UIN/Activation codes will be sent out hopefully within a few days (either via email or snail-mail the woman I spoke with wasn't sure). I think they're getting a lot of calls about this cause the lady I spoke with had the response down to a science :laugh:

So to reiterate what a few others have been saying we just need to sit tight and wait (although if you haven't received anything in a week or so maybe call them lol)

Super excited to eventually meet you all!

So I called U of I admissions office and they said that they had a little mix up between the departments and that the financial aid letters were sent ahead of schedule but the UIN/Activation codes will be sent out hopefully within a few days (either via email or snail-mail the woman I spoke with wasn't sure). I think they're getting a lot of calls about this cause the lady I spoke with had the response down to a science :laugh:

So to reiterate what a few others have been saying we just need to sit tight and wait (although if you haven't received anything in a week or so maybe call them lol)

Super excited to eventually meet you all!
I haven't received any financial aid letter yet. Has everyone else received this? How did it come, mail or email?

Signed a lease for a 3 bed 3 bath apartment at the village if anyone wants to join

I haven't received any financial aid letter yet. Has everyone else received this? How did it come, mail or email?
I know a few of us 2nd years haven't gotten financial aid confirmation yet either so just give it a little time. They're probably working through it.

I know a few of us 2nd years haven't gotten financial aid confirmation yet either so just give it a little time. They're probably working through it.
Yeah I haven't received anything either!

Just got my financial aid letter.

Nothing for me yet. :( Was yours by email as well Pinkpuppy?
Yep. You guys have to realize that you're not even past the acceptance deadline yet. I think I got mine in like May last year. They're not going to run out of loans :)

Hmm. Just got a letter about logging into the system. It tells me to use my email address to access my username and create a password, but when I put my email address in it says it is unrecognized. Is anyone having a similar problem?

Anyone know if I can log in to view my financial aid info before I've accepted my offer? (Yes I'm that annoying person who is undecided a week before the deadline)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hmm. Just got a letter about logging into the system. It tells me to use my email address to access my username and create a password, but when I put my email address in it says it is unrecognized. Is anyone having a similar problem?

I am having the same problem. It isn't just you!

Me too! Did you guys call and ask what we should do?

Mine worked when I used my UofI email address (I'm an undergrad here), but then when I logged in it just gave me the opportunity to start an application. It didn't have a letter or a link for anything about acceptance and financial aid. But then again, I'm already a student and I already have a UIN and NetID. SO, when I logged into my current enterprise system, I have the financial costs for next year, but no current financial aid offerings yet.

same here

It makes me feel better that it isn't just me! :). Probably a glitch in the system that they are trying to work out.

Anyone know if I can log in to view my financial aid info before I've accepted my offer? (Yes I'm that annoying person who is undecided a week before the deadline)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I don't know for sure, but I highly doubt it. Putting together financial aid awards is very time consuming. I'd be shocked if they did it for all 200+ offers that went out.

No, but I did send a request to technical support to see if they could help out. I'll let you know if they respond!!
I did the same thing, and they said that I needed to contact the office of graduate studies and not technical support.. :laugh: I'm assuming there is a glitch of some sort.

I'm having the same problem

I love this forum, it assures me that I'm not a ding-dong since everyone else is having similar issues (I checked to make sure I typed my email correctly more times than I'm willing to admit :laugh: )
But academic affairs told me that they were having some technical issues (seems to be a theme lol) and that I should try again tomorrow afternoon. So hopefully tomorrow this issue is fixed and if not at least they are well aware of the issue and actively trying to remedy it

Got the e-mail today at 1:42, and it said this:

You should have received 2 emails regarding financial aid. The first one was regarding your financial aid letter and the second one contained instructions on how to get your UIN and activation code, which you need in order to view your financial aid letter. There are currently some technical difficulties with retrieving your UIN and activation code. We are working on these issues now. Please wait until tomorrow afternoon and try again,

I received only one e-mail myself.

You should have received 2 emails regarding financial aid. The first one was regarding your financial aid letter and the second one contained instructions on how to get your UIN and activation code, which you need in order to view your financial aid letter. There are currently some technical difficulties with retrieving your UIN and activation code. We are working on these issues now. Please wait until tomorrow afternoon and try again,

Same here. Glad to see other folks are in the same boat

I remember having a lot of issues trying to get my accounts together last year, too. I think the vet school has things ready before the 'rest' of the school does. So your info is put into the system, but you haven't been given access yet.

Also only received one email!

Me too!!

What is the policy for emotional service dogs at UIUC? I don't want to go into much detail but I've been struggling with an anxiety related condition since childhood and I've been responding well to having an emotional service dog. I would like to bring her to class if possible, I understand I won't be able to bring her to all classes but I do need a lot of time with her and even just being able to have her during part of the day would be helpful. I would have documentation and all, if anyone has any experience with service dogs on this campus I would really appreciate hearing your experience.

What is the policy for emotional service dogs at UIUC? I don't want to go into much detail but I've been struggling with an anxiety related condition since childhood and I've been responding well to having an emotional service dog. I would like to bring her to class if possible, I understand I won't be able to bring her to all classes but I do need a lot of time with her and even just being able to have her during part of the day would be helpful. I would have documentation and all, if anyone has any experience with service dogs on this campus I would really appreciate hearing your experience.
We've had pets in class before that weren't service dogs, so I would expect you wouldn't have issues if you have paperwork. Discuss this with the school, they'll give you the best advice.

You would probably need to get it approved through the student services of the school. That's what we have to do where I work. A student submits it through our counselor and they require a doctor's diagnosis of some kind and a meeting to discuss the appropriateness of an emotional support animal on campus and the responsibility tied into it. We have around 60 kids approved for emotional support, with probably 15 actually having the animal with them on campus. However, our school doesn't allow them to go to classes with the kids; they are only allowed to have the animal live in their residence hall room.

Ugh I'm confused!
So I get two emails. One a computer generated one and the other from someone at the university. Neither had info about financial aid.
I should have checked here first but I responded to the person and told them I didn't receive anything about financial aid. That I did receive an email saying in order to log in I needed my university ID but I didn't know where to find it.
Well, I slept since then. I re read the computer generated University email. I logged in, found the university ID and activation code...click on your profile once you get in there :)..
Still I don't see anything with numbers. I'd like to know officially how much money it will cost to go there and it would be nice to know if I would get a scholarship first year (renewable or not).
I guess I have to call them, huh?

I think this school has some great things going for it, but I am already very frustrated. It seems the only information I get is from this forum. It makes me think that I will have to teach myself while I'm there.

Ugh I'm confused!
So I get two emails. One a computer generated one and the other from someone at the university. Neither had info about financial aid.
I should have checked here first but I responded to the person and told them I didn't receive anything about financial aid. That I did receive an email saying in order to log in I needed my university ID but I didn't know where to find it.
Well, I slept since then. I re read the computer generated University email. I logged in, found the university ID and activation code...click on your profile once you get in there :)..
Still I don't see anything with numbers. I'd like to know officially how much money it will cost to go there and it would be nice to know if I would get a scholarship first year (renewable or not).

I think this school has some great things going for it, but I am already very frustrated. It seems the only information I get is from this forum. It makes me think that I will have to teach myself while I'm there.

I wouldn't gauge a school based off of something like this. They did tell us that they're figuring it out. We haven't even hit the application deadline yet.

Ugh I'm confused!

It's not even April 15 yet....

Also, final FYI for you all, the school DOES NOT do financial aid. The actual university does. You are one of several thousand, it's not going to happen overnight. You can't be mad at the vet school.

As far as I know, you have to apply for our scholarships. I could be wrong though.

So everything works for me now. I do not know how to access the e-mail, though.

Has anyone gotten their financial aid award letter? I submitted my FAFSA, but I didn't receive anything yet..

I did not receive the financial aid letter.