University of Kentucky College of Dentistry Class of 2020

Accepted OOS! UofL and UK were both my top choices, but UofL put me on alternate so I guess they made the decision easy for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Alternate list of but I am in at Louisville!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate list. I was a little bummed because UK is my 2nd choice. Still happy to be considered. Congrats, guys!

For those of you who have received acceptances elsewhere, are you declining the alternate spot at UK? A few of you have (yes I am on stalk mode) 1 or more acceptances and I am hoping this alternate list isn't too crazy long lol

Last edited:
For those of you who have received acceptances elsewhere, are you declining the alternate spot at UK? A few of you have (yes I am on stalk mode) 1 or more acceptances and I am hoping this alternate list isn't too crazy long lol
I am planning on declining tomorrow. One person shorter!

Declined my alternate spot as well. Good luck to all of you.

Alternate list for me and I don't think I'll stay on it. I still want to think about it for a couple of weeks first before I throw away something that I've been working for for years.

I will be declining my instate alternate spot

Members don't see this ad :)
For those declining a spot/alternate, let them know ASAP so those of us waiting on the alternate list can hear back sooner, please. I was told during interviews that some people take the full 30 days to ever tell them no, and some people let them know by simply never responding.

For those declining a spot/alternate, let them know ASAP so those of us waiting on the alternate list can hear back sooner, please. I was told during interviews that some people take the full 30 days to ever tell them no, and some people let them know by simply never responding.

Bump. And congrats to everyone on the acceptances.

Definitely want to be apart of this class. I wonder how long it will take for them to review those still on the alternate list.

Is anyone going to create a FB page?!

Reactions: 2 users
I would volunteer but I fear it would be unimpressive to say the least. Any takers? It would be nice to meet some future classmates.

Reactions: 2 users
I would volunteer but I fear it would be unimpressive to say the least. Any takers? It would be nice to meet some future classmates.

I don't think it would matter much if you made a bland group. We could tweak the group design as time progresses. All that needs to be done is to make the group private and naming it "University of Kentucky College of Dentistry Class of 2020". :) See you folks on Facebook!

I don't think it would matter much if you made a bland group. We could tweak the group design as time progresses. All that needs to be done is to make the group private and naming it "University of Kentucky College of Dentistry Class of 2020". :) See you folks on Facebook!

I suppose I could just take a stab at it. Give me a few hours and I will have a link for you guys.

Reactions: 1 users
Actually, I'm going to have to backtrack on that offer. My wife doesn't want to discuss the situation with her boss yet and she is afraid it would hinder that effort if I made it Facebook official. Sorry guys. I couldn't be more excited though!

Actually, I'm going to have to backtrack on that offer. My wife doesn't want to discuss the situation with her boss yet and she is afraid it would hinder that effort if I made it Facebook official. Sorry guys. I couldn't be more excited though!
I'm in the same boat. I'm keeping it quite at work for a little bit lol. I don't wanna get let loose from my company, don't think they'd do that but I don't wanna let them know just yet

I'll step up to the plate, someone add me on Facebook first though because you need at least two people to start a group (it won't let me create a group with me being the sole member).

I'll step up to the plate, someone add me on Facebook first though because you need at least two people to start a group (it won't let me create a group with me being the sole member).

PM me so we can do that.

Any OOS'ers (with acceptances) actually plan on attending? I've tallied maybe 3-4 tops within this thread.

Does anyone know if UK gives out scholarships to OOS?

Does anyone know when they offer the enhancement and need base scholarships that came with our packets (after Jan. 1st but before school starts? Or during school? Etc.) or how much the scholarships are worth? I can't get ahold of anyone in the office.

Hey guys. For those of you who went to the interview, do you remember what scholarship Mr. Don Brown told everyone to apply for? Was it the Need Based Scholarship? I remember he said to apply for something even if we think we don't qualify. I thought I wrote it down, but it's not in my notes.

Ok, a little info I'll share with you guys regarding scholarships. According to Don, they are in the process of awarding Dean scholarships and other scholarships like UKCD (not sure if that's the right abbreviation) right now that range in varying amounts depending on the applicant. You should get a phone call and/or another packet in the mail if you are chosen. They won't be awarding the Enhancement and Need Based scholarships until March and later whenever they get funding from the school. Since they don't know how much funding they are going to get, he does not know how much they will be worth yet.

Just received a phone call from Don & I received the Dean's Scholarship ($4,000 per year)!

Just got a call for the Dean's Scholarship as well! Very happy!!

I'm so over the applications and secondary apps that I'm considering just mailing in my seat fee and being done with it. Both the Enhancement and Needs Based would be tough for me to get I think and I'm really not sure if I feel like writing another essay!

I'm so over the applications and secondary apps that I'm considering just mailing in my seat fee and being done with it. Both the Enhancement and Needs Based would be tough for me to get I think and I'm really not sure if I feel like writing another essay!
I would rather write an essay than a check. Work hard now and it will pay off later!

I ended up biting the bullet and doing those scholarship applications.

I posted this in the UofL thread, may as well give it a go.

What are the chances people get pulled off the waitlist as an in-state or out-of-state applicant at this point? I know Louisville and UK take a certain number of in-staters before Dec. 1st (45 each?) and an unknown amount of out of staters on that first day (different class sizes, but no one ever knows), depending on the program. Plus, a poster on these threads indicated that if you're an in-state applicant and you don't get an acceptance eventually up until June, it's extremely rare according to the numbers.

If you're on the waitlist now for either designation, what are your chances? Do in-staters get pulled off the list more rapidly than an OOS applicant because they've applied to both, or is it common for UofL and UK to take similar OOS applicants because they're desirable? Can anyone provide input on your chances for both designations? I have a friend who's an in-state resident here at KY, and I am OOS.

I was told during my interview day that the in-state wait list moves slowly (lower chance of getting off it) due to in-state applicants usually accepting either UK or UofL, while the OOS wait list moves faster (greater chance of getting off of it) due to OOS applicants accepting offers from all over the states.

Where do the dental students typically live? How do most of the students get to the dental school (drive, bus)?