University of Minnesota - Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was placed on the ranked waitlist. :(
Bummer, looks like I'm playing the waiting game!

Does anyone from the 10/25 interview remember what they had said about the ranked vs. unranked waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)

Does anyone from the 10/25 interview remember what they had said about the ranked vs. unranked waitlist?
Don't lose hope. They usually go through the waitlist towards the end. In some years they even go through the unranked waitlist although that's is rare. Good luck.

I gave a tour to some of you guys today. I hope you guys enjoyed the college of pharmacy. Good luck!

Last edited:

It's much better to be on the ranked! Do you know what number you are specifically ranked or don't you find out until the admissions process is done?

It's much better to be on the ranked! Do you know what number you are specifically ranked or don't you find out until the admissions process is done?
I don't think they receive it till April or may if I recall correctly from last year. But I think it's possible to get accepted off the waitlist as they go through more interview. You might not have to wait till may or so

For those that interviewed already, when did they send the email to you about which campus you want to choose to attend?

They said that the "projected date" of when they send out information about my rank will be May 9th.

For those that interviewed already, when did they send the email to you about which campus you want to choose to attend?

Yeah, sometime a few days after. Don't worry about not recieving it yet! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have the stats from the last interview?
I misplaced my folder, so I hope someone else can post up the stats.

For those who interviewed on Friday, they sent a link to chose your campus! I chose TC

I misplaced my folder, so I hope someone else can post up the stats.

For those who interviewed on Friday, they sent a link to chose your campus! I chose TC

I chose TC as well!! :D

Anyone have the stats from the last interview?
Yes, I can post them for you:

28 applicants interviewing today
69 total applicants interviewed
41 applicants reviewed for admission
37 applicants admitted
165 spots in the Class of 2018 (60 D, 105 TC)

Yes, I can post them for you:

28 applicants interviewing today
69 total applicants interviewed
41 applicants reviewed for admission
37 applicants admitted
165 spots in the Class of 2018 (60 D, 105 TC)

When are you guys expecting to hear back? Good luck!

It is not consider too late to send in my supplemental application now right... Lol I haven't gotten much chance to write those ...

It is not consider too late to send in my supplemental application now right... Lol I haven't gotten much chance to write those ...
I sent mine in late January. The later you submit the fewer spots there are.

I sent mine in late January. The later you submit the fewer spots there are.
:( damn it. Sigh I hope I can get it done this week.
What did everyone write about the profession of pharmacy is undergoing significant changes? That one was kind of hard to answer...

:( damn it. Sigh I hope I can get it done this week.
What did everyone write about the profession of pharmacy is undergoing significant changes? That one was kind of hard to answer...

Just do your research and you'll be fine.

Hmmm your stats are great, experience is pretty superb, and a degree on the way. How did your interview go?
It actually went really well. I am still in touch with my interviewer, in fact, because she is very into informatics and I'm getting a minor in informatics and am starting an internship in pharmacy informatics. She also personally knows some of the pharmacists who I consider my mentors. So, honestly, the interview couldn't have been better.

I think what might have happened is that my sophomore year grades were pretty bad because I had taken on a lot of extracurriculars and other commitments so suddenly, and it was hard to balance my coursework. Unfortunately, the classes I took that year were a good chunk of the pharmacy requirements, even though my grades are good now (in more difficult courses) and were able to compensate enough to raise my GPA back to competitive level. So, maybe they weren't convinced that I understood basic physiology/anatomy/biology/etc. enough? According to my transcript, it might seem like chemistry/math/computer science are my strengths. That might have put me on the "iffy" side.

It actually went really well. I am still in touch with my interviewer, in fact, because she is very into informatics and I'm getting a minor in informatics and am starting an internship in pharmacy informatics. She also personally knows some of the pharmacists who I consider my mentors. So, honestly, the interview couldn't have been better.

I think what might have happened is that my sophomore year grades were pretty bad because I had taken on a lot of extracurriculars and other commitments so suddenly, and it was hard to balance my coursework. Unfortunately, the classes I took that year were a good chunk of the pharmacy requirements, even though my grades are good now (in more difficult courses) and were able to compensate enough to raise my GPA back to competitive level. So, maybe they weren't convinced that I understood basic physiology/anatomy/biology/etc. enough? According to my transcript, it might seem like chemistry/math/computer science are my strengths. That might have put me on the "iffy" side.

That is good to hear, Nango. I am sure you will get off that ranked waitlist in no-time.

8888888, my interview went well. I am pretty much sold on University of Minnesota, but guess I will find out in time if I will be part of their 2018 Class.

Here are the stats:

37 Applicants interviewing today (10/25)
42 total applicants interviewed (including today's interview)
5 applicants reviewed for admission
4 applicants admitted
165 spots in the Class of 2018 (60 Duluth, 105 Twin Cities)

There was a previous interview session on 9/27 with 5 people and 4 were admitted from that group. So 80% got in, but it will be more likely around 60-70% for this round of interviewees if the trend follows the past years. Good luck everyone.

EDIT: Added all the statistic information

hey where did you get this information from?the only website i can find with somewhat of stat. info was http://pharmapplicants.com/pharmacy_school_list.php

Last edited:
I got an interview invite for Dec 13th!! Do you guys know what time the interview ends?? I have an final exam on the same day but I don't want to delay the interview.

I got an interview invite for Dec 13th!! Do you guys know what time the interview ends?? I have an final exam on the same day but I don't want to delay the interview.

Didn't they give you a time? Mine was 11:30 to 4:30, so might want to talk to your professor to see if you can take your final at a different date/time.

Didn't they give you a time? Mine was 11:30 to 4:30, so might want to talk to your professor to see if you can take your final at a different date/time.

Yeah, I got another email with the time in it. Mine's 8:00 to 13:00. I'll have to ask my professor. Thanks anyway.

Those from Nov 15 interview, did anyone hear anything from the admissions office?

For people that were accepted, how long did it take for you to hear back? I heard that they will let you know within 72 hours? Is this true? Even if you interview on a friday?

For people that were accepted, how long did it take for you to hear back? I heard that they will let you know within 72 hours? Is this true? Even if you interview on a friday?

Say what? Where did you hear 72 hours? They will hand you a sheet of paper that will tell you when an acceptance letter should be mailed out. That time frame is typically 2-3 weeks and an email should be received a few days before that.

Last edited:
For those of you who already attend UMN, how's student life?

I don't know where you heard 72 hours, but that's a myth. I heard back about 15-20 days after my interview.

There is a lot to do for student life! I've been here for 4 years as undergrad and live on campus, so let me know if you have any specific questions. :)

There is a lot to do for student life! I've been here for 4 years as undergrad and live on campus, so let me know if you have any specific questions. :)

I was more looking to ask about exams and stuff. Like how often are there exams? Are there multiple exams during a week?

I was more looking to ask about exams and stuff. Like how often are there exams? Are there multiple exams during a week?

Oh, I have no idea. You'd have to ask a current student. :/

they have the exam schedule for the semester posted on their website under current students